Plastic pants too big?

dl015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
This is my first time wearing plastic pants, I ordered a large GaryWear Active Brief from northshore. It goes a little past my belly button and halfway up my back, the waist band and leg cuffs are snug and the pants are kinda baggy. Is it suposed to be like this or do I need a smaller size?

if the bands are snug, you should be fine.
The absorbent plastic pants I use every night are a bit big also.

I find that different manufacturers are all over the map on their sizing. Items manufactured in China are notoriously smaller than typical American sizing. When possible, I order clothes or in this case plastic pants, in two sizes and then return the one that doesn’t fit. It is a bit of a hassle, but I always end up with the right size. It is personal taste, but if the legs/thighs fit right, then it can be nice to have the plastic pants high on your waistline, especially when lying down😀 Sorry if I just won the captain obvious award for the information in my post….

Last edited:
Yeah, it honestly depends on the maker or manufacturer and what you prefer. I use the ones off etsy and they're fine for me, except I never rlly got into plastic pants

I agree with previous posts. Each manufacturer seems to be different. I have about 40 pair and most are perfect. Obviously, as mentioned, if the leg openings are snug, you are good to go. (No pun intended)

Make sure you read all the description before buying. Some state "hugh back" which will be just that. Some a "bikini"or "low cut". You will find the perfect especially buying quality brands.

I bought cheap priva (I think? From age comfort) plastic pants for waist 20-26” .... I have 31” hips .... they are HUGE! The waist doesn’t even stretch at all and way above belly button (and super itchy Because of it). The legs aren’t very tight either. They are literally a balloon around me And stick up 4-5”.

bought xs and xxs (two styles) from rearz .... xs fits better but it’s too high as well and legs aren’t super tight .... and leaked twice when I was wearing it with barely over wet goodnites.

but xxs in the other style is literally a toddler size and I can’t pull it half the way up.

I give up on them ......

I wear loose fitting pants with snug leg and waist elastics as well as covers that fit snugger over my diapers (this is over a diaper(s), soaker(s), and a liner so it can be quite thick). Both styles work and have their place. Those loose fitting pants that you have will serve you well in hotter weather. You’ll catch on to what style you like after a bit. Until you decide what you prefer it would probably be best to only order one of each size/style at a time and take note of which works best for you.

Yea. The GaryActive Wear Briefs are designed to be baggy so it can cover the diaper properly while the leg cuffs and waistbands are snug to prevent leaks.

Reactions: flybaby
Back