Plastic pants for sensitive thighs

MsSara

Just the weird incon dog lady on the cul-de-sac.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi,

I'm either in a megamax or cloth diapers all the time with full UI.

I much more prefer cloth diapers, but my inner thighs not so much. After a few days in cloth diapers I start getting really bad irritation where the plastic pants meet my thighs. It feels like a diaper rash without the rash😭. Powder and cream help, but I always end up back in disposable diapers after a few days in cloth.

Most of my pants are Gary in various types and it's especially bad with the pants with the wider elastic.

I'm thinking of trying the euroflex pants, but my size is out of stock right now.

Does anyone with plastic pant sensitive have any suggestions? I'm a really tall lady, so something high rise is a must to get over my hips. I generally have to go up a size more than needed to get a good rise.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and Jorelaxed
Try using a product like Vanicream on your thighs.

Reactions: Diprs2
MsSara said:
Hi,

I'm either in a megamax or cloth diapers all the time with full UI.

I much more prefer cloth diapers, but my inner thighs not so much. After a few days in cloth diapers I start getting really bad irritation where the plastic pants meet my thighs. It feels like a diaper rash without the rash😭. Powder and cream help, but I always end up back in disposable diapers after a few days in cloth.

Most of my pants are Gary in various types and it's especially bad with the pants with the wider elastic.

I'm thinking of trying the euroflex pants, but my size is out of stock right now.

Does anyone with plastic pant sensitive have any suggestions? I'm a really tall lady, so something high rise is a must to get over my hips. I generally have to go up a size more than needed to get a good rise.
What about a Barrier cream sold in the pharmacy. It is meant to form a protective layer on the skin to prevent irritation.

Hello goodmorning MsSara I have been wearing the Garywears active briefs for a couple of years now and do get an irritation on the inner leg gathers area too.
I thought I was the only one this would happen too. I have to use either Desitin, miconazole or A&d ointment to prevent the rash from the wide elastics. I am curious to hear what other lotions or remedies people use to deal with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Try pul pull up cover these tend to be silky soft

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825-110455~2.png
    Screenshot_20230825-110455~2.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and Jorelaxed
foxkits said:
Those are the exact kind that give me the most irritation😭.

Unfortunately I haven't found a cream that combats the issue.

Any pant like the Gary active wear are the worst for irritation.

I'm think about just waiting for the euroflex to get back in stock. Or sewing my own pants out of pul with different and smaller elastic than the Gary pants.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jorelaxed
MsSara said:
Unfortunately I haven't found a cream that combats the issue.

Any pant like the Gary active wear are the worst for irritation.

I'm think about just waiting for the euroflex to get back in stock. Or sewing my own pants out of pul with different and smaller elastic than the Gary pants.
Thank you for the info MsSara.😊

foxkits said:
those look like garywears covers.😯

MsSara said:
Those are the exact kind that give me the most irritation😭.
I'm sorry to hear that

Jorelaxed said:
those look like garywears covers.😯
Yes they are that brand.
Maybe she is allergic to something in the pant

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
First off is this contoured or folded
Contoured is by far superior
Secondly and why I prefer the panties with the side snaps you can loosen the bottom snaps mabey if they are pull on Try a larger size with mabey a didee cover
Stay with the Creams and powder

foxkits said:
I have several pairs of these from AgeComfort. They look like the Northshore Trifecta pants. They only come in white from Age Comfort but from Northshore you can get pink and blue also.

The problem is with clothes diapers it’s way more humid down here , and when you sit down some urine will go humidify the elastic of you plastic pant and urine is acidic and will cause irritation because the elastic rubb on your skin when you walk .

I agree that the elastics on Gary pants can be tight enough to irritate the skin; I notice this in that my thighs are bigger around than most guys. I've found out that the elastics on InControl plastic panties are easier on my skin.

Angelapinks said:
What about a Barrier cream sold in the pharmacy. It is meant to form a protective layer on the skin to prevent irritation.
Take care with barrier creams some such as Tena can make the plastic pants get hard and brittle. You need to make sure the cream stays in the cloth or disposable and does not work its way to the plastic pants. Washing immediately in morning can also help.

Yes, if you have sensitive skin around your thighs me too, then its best to have a break from cloth for a while, and wear disposables to let your skin heal. I understand you prefer wearing cloth, but good disposables are designed specifically to draw the urine away from the skin and lock it away, unless actually saturated beyond their capacity.

Cloth diapers while absorbent are less effective IMO of providing that barrier. So the longer your skin is exposed to urine, which is acidic, then the more irritated the skin becomes, then the elastics of plastic pants will just exacerbate the problem. Sudocrem, is one of the best barrier creams you can use for diaper rash.

Another tip for plastic pants is this, after washing them place them on a warm radiator, which helps to soften them up and prevents them from getting stiff and cracking.

Hope that helps. 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and DLPeakOut
How tightly are the leg holes fitting?
It sounds like they're too small for you and biting into your skin (going by experience).
If you're wearing Gary brand, their XL size is actually a Small adult size (there's a story/rant, but I'm not up to that, atm).
Haian XL have a more comfortable leg elastication.
If you're not using nappy liners, you could try them (bought as frost protection fleece; 20 to 30 gsm, as a guide) and let the leg holes sit upon the liner (so long as they're not tight).
Remember that the elastications are there to cuff around the nappy, not be a watertight seal. Any other issues are usually a matter of using an insubstantial nappy (low gsm, usually below 800gsm).

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Bloomers might work over diaper ,they are looser fit over the thighs.

Reactions: Lethdale, Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
Suprima 1287. these are very low stress on the leg elastics, and they are very wide as well

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Angelapinks and PadPhilosopher
Back