Riley

Riley
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I’m trying to avoid leaking at night which has become more of an issue. I’ve heard plastic covers are very helpful to contain leaks especially at night. I’ve never tried plastic diaper covers so I wanted to ask what I should be looking for when buying. Are some covers better than others?

Reactions: Neroforte, Angelapinks, Edgewater and 3 others
I never go without plastic pants. I am not incontinent but do like to wear and use in bed. I mostly use Haian plastic pants which are readily available (amazon) and do a decent job at a reasonable price. One thing to watch is avoid contact with creams and wash in gentle warm water with mild soap. Rinse and air dry. they will give you long service.

Reactions: Mummystrictssissybaby, Angelapinks, KBoy and 4 others
I use a Babykins terry lined diaper cover when I sleep to catch and obsorbs any leaks from my overnight diaper. They work great.

Reactions: Angelapinks, WBxx, Edgewater and 7 others
Tundra1975 said:
I use a Babykins terry lined diaper cover when I sleep to catch and obsorbs any leaks from my overnight diaper. They work great.
I've been thinking about that kind, myself - are they easy to wash?

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Diprs2
Tundra1975 said:
I can see how the terry lined material helps prevent leaks. So that the urine don’t pool up and then leaks thru the cuffs when you turn over. 👍🏻

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, Zeke and 3 others
I use plastic pants mostly to be able to get my diaper fuller without sagging, and when I use cotton diapers. I find, though, that with disposables, when I get compression leaks (before the diaper is actually full), the pants leak too. With cloth you don't get compression leaks and the don't leak until the diaper is saturated.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, MegaLugia and 2 others
IncontDL said:
I’m trying to avoid leaking at night which has become more of an issue. I’ve heard plastic covers are very helpful to contain leaks especially at night. I’ve never tried plastic diaper covers so I wanted to ask what I should be looking for when buying. Are some covers better than others?
I've got 2 GaryWear active brief diaper covers, with a 3rd ordered and in transit. I like them. I wash them on delicate cycle in cold water with soft items like towels, t-shirts and underwear, then air dry or tumble dry on delicate at the lowest heat setting with a towel (they seem to dry better that way than alone in the dryer).

HOWEVER, I have found as a side-sleeper that if my pull-up or diaper becomes *very* saturated with urine, eventually some leakage can occur. It's very minor, though, and I sleep on a washable underpad all the time. It's much less severe than without a diaper cover at all.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, MegaLugia and 1 other person
jamiejamie said:
I can see how the terry lined material helps prevent leaks. So that the urine don’t pool up and then leaks thru the cuffs when you turn over. 👍🏻
I have read that some people wear a pair of cotton underwear over their diaper but under their waterproof pants for the same effect.

Ideally, each vendor of waterproof pants should provide a range of thigh measurements for each size, to avoid leakage through the leg holes.

I always sleep on only my left side - it's all my back will tolerate - but I do eventually have to sit up laterally to get out of bed, so the waterproof pants are a big help there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, MegaLugia and 4 others
AttilaThePun said:
I've been thinking about that kind, myself - are they easy to wash?
Yes. I just wash them with my regular whites.

Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Tundra1975 said:
Nice! And thank you!

Reactions: Edgewater
Tundra1975 said:
The ones I have say machine wash regular. Supposedly you can put them in the dryer too, but I air-dry them.

Reactions: Edgewater, MegaLugia, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I don't wear diaper plastic pants all the time during the day (only when I know I'm having a heavy wet day). But I always wear them when sleeping.
Very helpful whenever you wear them at night. I have a few GaryWear pants but I prefer regular vinyl plastic pants. Just google adult plastic pants and there are a plenty of choices.

Reactions: Edgewater, MegaLugia, Diprs2 and 2 others
I use PUL pants that have a wide crotch and are a few sizes too big for me as I put on a bulky max absorbant disposable with a booster pad (the back unused clean part of my daytime disposable) and four microfibre cloths, even that sometimes gets defeated.
The whole ensemble is then covered with my P.UL pant and tucked inside all the way round both leg openings and waist band providing a dam that rarely gets breached.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, MegaLugia and 3 others
I wear plastic pants and a purpose long absorbant pad. I use babykins plastic pants and those from Gary or Protex. I find this is a good alternative to a full brief especially if you dont wet every night.
When i wear a full disposable as a DL, i will wear the high back plastic pants. If the disposable is not a premium diaper high back plastic pants help avoid leakage at the back.

sissybaby34 said:
I never go without plastic panties. I am not incontinent but do like to wear and use in bed. I mostly use Haian plastic pants which are readily available (amazon) and do a decent job at a reasonable price. One thing to watch is avoid contact with creams and wash in gentle warm water with mild soap. Rinse and air dry. they will give you long service.
I use the Haian plastic diaper covers (pants) and get long term use with washing in cold water with a touch of laundry detergent gentle wash cycle
and simple air drying out of any sunlight. No oils lubricants creams gels powders - after all these are worn over a diaper(s) to contain errant leaks
therefore light washing duty takes car of any escaping urine. The problem I had was getting the size right with Haian - second order was right on.
Remember in ordering Haian to make those measurements WHILE WEARING DIAPER(S) ! Too tight will not result in long term use stretching the
plastic inner liner - the outer satin fabric will definitely outlast the plastic.

Reactions: Mummystrictssissybaby, DLPeakOut, Angelapinks and 5 others
well, I use gary or also the trifecta from north shore.

Goes:
Diaper - Pair of underwear (briefs) - Waterproof pants

The briefs (regular underwear) in the middle will soak up any arrant drops that get by the diaper, if nothing there to absorb it, then just pools somewhere and will escape given enough time.

I've used the terry lined pants in the past, but laundering them was a bit of a chore without running them through the dryer a bunch of times.

Can easily rinse out the waterproof pant and dry easily, and underwear goes in the laundry as usual.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
Be careful - be very careful about plastic pants being dried in dryer - use no heat please to avoid MELT DOWN and potential
shortening of the life of the pant !

Reactions: Angelapinks, KBoy, Bigbabybret and 2 others
I always use a diaper cover, especially when sleeping. I like gary wear, and baby kins. I typically wear a diaper with boxer briefs over the diaper, and then a diaper cover.
I’ve also recently purchased a pair of Incontinence pants that I found on Amazon. They are like a waterproof sweat pant, and they seem to do a pretty good job as a diaper cover when sleeping.

I wear drylife plastic pants or Mylesta nylon ones over my nappies.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater and Constantlydamp
I tend to do the Gear Wear Active or the Rearz/Incontrol Silence Pants. I do have plastic pants but living in the south I can only tolerate them in the winter. I have a pair of gym shorts that a Etsy supplier put a PUL lining in it as well that’s good for sleeping in.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Edgewater, MegaLugia and 1 other person
Back