Plastic backed male guards

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all. I’m trying to determine if plastic backed male guards or pads exist. Every brand I have researched has stated they’re cloth like feel backing. I currently just use my wife’s Always pads if I’m wearing colours that would expose a small post pee leak. They’re not exactly the best for fit or comfort though as they bunch and shift.

I bought my first male guards a few days ago to boost my Goodnites. The equate brand from Walmart are plastic backed. They’re gray which is so expected for this product.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Seems like all the older ones were plastic, but I don't know of any modern ones that are plastic.

Thought they all are plastic backed because of the adhesive that peel off and stick it to your underwear.

yeah, even though it says they are mail guards, I’m pretty sure somewhere on the packaging. It says that they’re supposed to be used in disposable products, they’re not meant to be used in underwear.

I currently have guards by attends, depend, tena and Amazon basics and the only ones that are cloth backed are the Tena branded ones. I also have some goodnites brand inserts that I got cheap, they are pretty much the same as depend/poise guards/pads. I honestly prefer the overnight poise pads worn backwards to a male guard but that's just me.

KenworthW900b said:
I currently have guards by attends, depend, tena and Amazon basics and the only ones that are cloth backed are the Tena branded ones.
I am using these daily when I can and yes, they are cloth backed. They work surprisingly well, though I haven't had extensive urge experience with them yet. I once had a minor leak to one side.

I tend to only wear them when I could probably get by with no protection at all. When away from home for a few hours or more, I must wear a diaper instead.

Out of curiosity, why does it need to be plastic backed? I've only ever had it leak to one side, rather than right through.

Last edited:
slimjiminy said:
I am using these daily when I can and yes, they are cloth backed. They work surprisingly well, though I haven't had extensive urge experience with them yet. I once had a minor leak to one side.

I tend to only wear them when I could probably get by with no protection at all. When away from home for a few hours or more, I must wear a diaper instead.

Out of curiosity, why does it need to be plastic backed? I've only ever had it leak to one side, rather than right through.
I honestly have no idea why the op wants plastic backed, I can only assume they want something that doesn't flow through like a booster would but only they could tell us for sure.

I also like the Tena guards, they are the largest of all guards and do a fairly good job of protecting from little leaks. I always use very light protection when I'm home and outdoors and a guard or pad is usually what I choose. Sometimes It just feels nice to not always be in a thick diaper, sure my pants may get wet but it's great to just let the skin breathe.

Reactions: slimjiminy
Thanks guys. It’s just a concern about being adhesive enough. Right now the women’s pads are not the right shape and have too little surface stickiness so I’m looking for maximum security.

The TENA guards have more than enough adhesive.

Reactions: diaperdude and Subtlerustle
I wear the Tena men’s ones daily and they work pretty well for light leakage on and off. 3 drop absorbancy I wear most. They have a 4 drop pad and it’s thicker.
Molicare Mens pads are larger and have this leak guard cuff thing. They work good as well but are larger.
Like this https://medicalmonks.com/product/molicare-premium-men-pads/

Depending on your leakage level, the cloth-backed guards should be enough.

I use the Womens Tena Intimate Pads. Although I am a male, I prefer these to either Depend or Tena Guards. They are longer and fit my needs for my urge incontinence.

Reactions: GirlGirlBoy and diaperdude
Subtlerustle said:
Hello all. I’m trying to determine if plastic backed male guards or pads exist. Every brand I have researched has stated they’re cloth like feel backing. I currently just use my wife’s Always pads if I’m wearing colours that would expose a small post pee leak. They’re not exactly the best for fit or comfort though as they bunch and shift.
I use depends pads if I don't wear a pull up

Reactions: GirlGirlBoy
I use the standard Northshore double stop guards. They work fine for me although lately the adhesive is
too strong. It actually tears the pad and stays on my underwear so I have been only peeling about
an inch of tape off the top and bottom of the pad, this holds fine and stays in place.

These are the ones that were at least plastic-backed the last time I bought them, though I don't know if all of these are still sold:
  • Depend Guard for Men
  • Depend Shield for Men
  • Reassure Guard for Men
  • Tena Men Guard

So I ended up buying the Walmart brand, Equate I think. They’re nice and soft with good adhesive. They have a gray plastic backing and elastic gathers. They are quite large which is probably best for the male anatomy. I don’t think I will need the full absorbency since I only leak after peeing. Still, it’s better than my wife’s Always pads as they turn into a twisted mess after a while.

Back