• Automobile

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

AnnieBottom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone!

I am taking the train tomorrow from Toronto to Halifax. Riding on the VIA Rail ‘The Ocean’ train. I admit train travel is my most favourite way to travel. I especially love the over night trains. I’ve gone from Toronto to Halifax many times and also from Winnipeg to Thompson. Later in the year I plan to ride from Toronto to Vancouver - it will be amazing. I love having my own cabin, my own space. I just hang out in my diaper, in a favourite jumper and watch the landscape pass by. It’s so relaxing. I used to travel a lot by plane but really got tired of the airports and how busy it gets. I do love a good road trip too though - another comfy space to be in my diaper.

How about you? What is your favourite way to travel?

Reactions: db80, BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Plane...but declared a moratorium on personal air travel after a very close call in the air 2-1/2 years ago. 🫢

• Wow
Reactions: michaelmc and BBBen
All of them!

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Plane...but declared a moratorium on personal air travel after a very close call in the air 2-1/2 years ago. 🫢
Very close call…? Yikes!

AnnieBottom said:
Very close call…? Yikes!
39,000 feet up, closing speed 1,100 mph. A 757, within 1/4 mile of us, head-on, drifting in. Exact same altitude. We banked a quick left to avoid.

Last edited:
Hate airlines. That shitbussines is very similar to transport of cows and bulls. Probably I get hates, but last time I lost trasboard at Frankfurt am Main and recuperate my luggage was very terrible. It was Smartwings and Lufthansa flights. Experience better to no repeat. I know crossing half Europe with a car or train is more expensive (like 4 times,) but with less problems (if not carwreck) and railway is a few customer friendly (except SNCF.)

Last edited:
Magic carpet! 🤪

Grew up travelling in wagons, so that'd be my preference.
Not been in a flying cattle wagon, though, and no intention to get in one, either.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
ade said:
Not been in a flying cattle wagon, though, and no intention to get in one, either.
You mean Airbus? 🤭😉

Trains.
Travelling by TGV (French: Train à Grande Vitesse/ "high-speed train") feels like flying.
Once on French soil, it travels long distances at 300+ km/h (186+ mph) and is very comfortable and quiet at the same time- pretty cool!
There are also a few high-speed lines here in Germany, but usually you're lucky if a train arrives at all. lol

Last edited:
i love going on the train, when the trolley comes and has snacks and sweets to pick from it’s my favourite. i also picked planes because they are cool, and sorry automobiles but i am not the biggest fan.

Last edited:
I HATE driving.
If i could help it i would travel by train every day.
But with the work schedule and location of my job, thats not really a option.
That said, driving my car is the default 90% of the time.

Planes are fine, i dont mind those.

Traveling by bike is pretty nice if the infrastructure is there.
In summer i dont mind biking my way to work.

I used to fly for a living ( not pilot ) i was RAF crew and dearly love fiyng with a passion but i love driving and seeing the world up close and personal there are a lot off wonderful and beautiful things i would have missed had i flown instead 🥰

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
My parents and I occasionally took the train into NYC to see a Broadway play or museum. My earliest memory was that the engine was a steam engine. Yes, I'm clearly ancient. At least it wasn't the Dino Train.

• Love
Reactions: db80 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
You mean Airbus? 🤭😉
Boeing, too 🤭

Top deck of a double-decker bus is also good for world/people watching as you trundle along (plus, you get to see into bedrooms 😁)

• Thinking
Train was great. I took The Canadian from Toronto to Vancouver. I took a 4 day trip when I had a single sleeper (I actually took the extra room [+$] but it was worth it). I'm incontinent so wearing my diaper was fairly easier then I thought. My brother (and his boyfriend) came too. They took a double room for them. I'd do it again but next time I'd take more time and bring my girlfriend.

Once I get me one of those self driving cars, then that might be my favorite way to travel.

• Angry
Reactions: denimchicken and CrazySmoker
Definitely automobiles. I love a good road-trip! I haven't done any real travel by train, although I like the idea. I might plan a trip for the summer. As for planes: I enjoyed flying as a kid, but things have gone steadily downhill for me in the last couple of decades. Inner ear issues often lead to headaches due to pressure changes, my back doesn't cope well with coach seats, and I've started feeling claustrophobic as well, both on the plane and in the airport. I now get quite anxious when I go to the airport, and my last couple of flights have been very miserable for me. The thing is, I want to go places! Places you can't drive! Before my next trip, I'm going to see a doctor about getting a sedative of some kind. I don't get anxious in other situations, just this one.

Reactions: denimchicken and BobbiSueEllen
TeeMousy said:
Once I get me one of those self driving cars, then that might be my favorite way to travel.
Autonomic cars are dangerous with big potencial. Learn How to drive or use another alternatives.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Definitely automobiles. I love a good road-trip! I haven't done any real travel by train, although I like the idea. I might plan a trip for the summer. As for planes: I enjoyed flying as a kid, but things have gone steadily downhill for me in the last couple of decades. Inner ear issues often lead to headaches due to pressure changes, my back doesn't cope well with coach seats, and I've started feeling claustrophobic as well, both on the plane and in the airport. I now get quite anxious when I go to the airport, and my last couple of flights have been very miserable for me. The thing is, I want to go places! Places you can't drive! Before my next trip, I'm going to see a doctor about getting a sedative of some kind. I don't get anxious in other situations, just this one.
I chose car as well and...nothing like a road trip.

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
The answer to this question for me is dependent on several factors such as where I’m going, why I’m going, who’s going with me, am I going somewhere to get something and can I bring it back with me, and many others. But having driven over 1.5 million miles as a long haul truck driver I enjoy getting out of the house and driving a substantial distance once in a while. Now that I’ve got the VW Jetta SportWagen TDI 6 speed manual I’m back driving a turbo diesel with a manual transmission (although it’s not the 18 speed I last drove) reminiscent of the trucks I used to drive so I’m partial to driving either the VW or the 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4 depending on what’s needed.

Back