Pizza deal breakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about the only thing that would kill a pizza for me is spicy peppers. I'm not talking jalapeno's I'm talking about those fires of damnation peppers. My stomach doesn't do super spicy. My mouth says GO amd my stomach is NOOOOOOO. My stomach usually wins those fights. One way or another. Either I don't eat it or it makes me suffer later.

I have a weird thing with pizza. I love a local pizza place they make great pizzas. However it's American style with all kinds of different sauces and toppings. I saw an interview with Mario Batali and he was all "Pizza is all about the crust. Toppings should enhance but not take away from the flavor of the crust. Then if there isn't a slight char on the crust to balance out the sweetness of the sauce then it just isn't pizza done properly." You know some of the best tasting pizza's I've had were simple brick oven pizzas. Maybe we should rethink pizza into something simple instead of just a delivery method for toppings. I'm looking at you Chicago Deep Dish.

Anchovies (insert will smith moment here... AAAAAAAHHHH HELL NO!!)

seriously though no anchovies and no jalapenos.

Poor quality sauce. For me, the sauce makes or breaks the pizza. Cheap sauce made from reconstituted paste will turn me off to a pizza no matter how good the rest of the ingredients are.
Good sauce will rescue an otherwise mediocre pizza.
You could almost say it's the lifeblood of the pie.

Plain cheese pizza. I just don't get the appeal. I find it incredibly unappetizing and borderline gross. Pizza has toppings, not just cheese. Watery sauce is a big deal breaker for me as well.

Anything not home made and healthy is my deal breaker. I only use 100% whole wheat, deli cheese I grate myself, 100% natural tomato sauce, and the list goes on.

It's absolutely amazing the difference in taste from fresh and canned or frozen. Even my worst made pizza is 10x better than delivery.

Slomo said:
Anything not home made and healthy is my deal breaker. I only use 100% whole wheat, deli cheese I grate myself, 100% natural tomato sauce, and the list goes on.

It's absolutely amazing the difference in taste from fresh and canned or frozen. Even my worst made pizza is 10x better than delivery.

That's awesome! I haven't tried making my own pizza yet. ^^;

I'm from a predominantly Italian town in the New England area though, so I've always enjoyed reasonably good pizza. Probably not quite on par with NYC, but certainly not bad. What really shocked me was my visit to central California, where literally the best pizza in town was Domino's. o_O Also, in the Milwaukee area, I was unable to locate a pizza place that actually cut the pizza into slices; for some reason they preferred small squares. I've always considered pizza to be finger-food, but apparently not so around there,,,

- - - Updated - - -

BluefireJay05 said:
Anchovies (insert will smith moment here... AAAAAAAHHHH HELL NO!!)

seriously though no anchovies and no jalapenos.

I've never tried anchovies, to be truthful, but... wait, WHAT?!?! o_O;;; No... jalapeños... ? I understand if they're pickled or something, but fresh ones are wonderful on pizza. :p

Sapphyre said:
That's awesome! I haven't tried making my own pizza yet. ^^;

I'm from a predominantly Italian town in the New England area though, so I've always enjoyed reasonably good pizza. Probably not quite on par with NYC, but certainly not bad. What really shocked me was my visit to central California, where literally the best pizza in town was Domino's. o_O Also, in the Milwaukee area, I was unable to locate a pizza place that actually cut the pizza into slices; for some reason they preferred small squares. I've always considered pizza to be finger-food, but apparently not so around there,,,

- - - Updated - - -

I've never tried anchovies, to be truthful, but... wait, WHAT?!?! o_O;;; No... jalapeños... ? I understand if they're pickled or something, but fresh ones are wonderful on pizza. :p

I've been to NYC, tried a few different pizza joints. They all sucked! And dominoes? I'm not sure which is worst, their old bitter sauce or new overly sweetened sauce.

And jalepinos are actually good on pizza! My wife grows them and I dice them up really small before adding them. I usually only add them at certain times of the year though- when they are in season lol.

$11 for a small pizza irks me, unless it tastes really good to justify the price. There's a place near the old IBM complex that makes really good pizza, calzones, and pasta. You can tell its genuine by their looks and italian/new york accents.

I live in an area where pizza sauce is made with sugar as one of the ingredients. Ew! The only sweetness allowed on a pizza is pineapple! I don't want to taste sugar under the pepperoni :(

I'll pass on tbe pineapple pizza thanks. I prefer that one brand of pkzza mentioned on a post before. I actually prefer the $5 "HnR" brand. Not to say that double H or Jεts is bad at all; I just will taoe what I can get wuen I am hungry...

I love all kind of pizza :)

my deal breakers for pizza;
A.) Pineapples (Can't Stand!)
B.) Hot Sauce
C.) Anchovies
D.) BBQ sauce
E.) Bacon (Can't Stand!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back