Patting a butt as a diaper checking method?

denis97y

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I have seen that some parents just pat their toddlers diapered bums or just briefly feel them and immediately tell whether a diaper is loaded or not. Here in this forum, some AB babysitters have described the same method for checking whether their bigger babies need a change. Of course, it is an extremely cute method for checking someone's diapers, but how it really works? How you can tell that a diaper needs to be changed while just giving a just pat or briefly feeling a diapered butt (especially when the load has got already squished). I have felt my own diapered bum after pooping, and honestly, I cannot tell the difference. So how does that "patting method" work? Can someone give a hint?

Last edited:
Reactions: sinceiwassmall
I mean for wetting it makes more sense, but this still works regardless. To be fair though, I don't really think this makes much sense for loaded diapers. The smell would be an easier indicator.

I'm honestly pretty bad when it comes to knowing if a diaper is used or not unless it has fade designs/wetness indicators 😅. But when they're wet they definitely do swell a bit and get a more "tight thick swollen" feeling vs when they're dry (they usually feel crinklier and thinner). I imagine if someone's pretty perceptive and has experience and is familiar with the feel of dry and wet diapers, then maybe a quick pat is enough and all it takes to check? As far as being messy, I feel that'd be a lot harder to check from just a quick pat unless the pamp is like really loaded lol. And as @ronnieM mentioned, the smell would probably be a much more apparent and bigger indicator.

And I 100% agree, it's a really cute and fun way to be checked. Diaper pats for whatever reason are fun! :D

This is how my wife checks me most of the time. Its kind of surprising to me sometimes, she knows when I need a change before I do.

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020 and sinceiwassmall
A pat on the butt of a (big or little) diapered baby isn’t as sure a test as a peek down the back of their pants or the less subtle but ever-effective “sniff test.” But I’ve seen it lots of times and probably done it.

When parents pat a baby’s bum they sometimes already know what’s going on there. There’s a particular look on a mom’s face that seems to include a special combination of fond humour, embarrassment, parental pride, public confirmation, hesitancy to squish the mess, and love. It’s super adorable.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: atechno, BobbiSueEllen, WillFord384 and 3 others
I can’t pee lying down so I get up at night to pee and then get back into bed. I don’t wake up the dogs and the cats can’t get into the bedroom or know that I am up.

two summers ago, I spent the day cutting the grass and afterwards took a shower before making dinner. I put on panties and was going to put on a diaper at bedtime. I had a senior moment and just put the plastic pants over the panties. I got up, peed and got back into bed. Then I noticed I was wet. I was soaked, the bedding was soaked and there was a puddle on the floor. After the clean up and changing the sheets, I had to get dressed to take the dogs out and the cats were milling around waiting to be fed. Now before I pee, I check for a diaper.

Having changed more diapers on kids & grandkids than the average dad or granddad, the only time I gave diaper-pats was to determine if a diaper was wet or not; a wet diaper, when patted, is like patting a Baggie of dough, as it makes a tell-tale slapping noise and there's no airy softness to it. As for a messy diaper...the reaction, by virtue of another sense, is automatic: grab a clean diaper & wipes and change it. 🤢

Getting a diaper check with pats on my bottom was both a source of humility...and amazing pleasure. Somehow, Mommies have an intuitive knack of hitting the perfect spot. 🥴🤗🥰🤭

Reactions: atechno, WillFord384, denis97y and 2 others
Since I don’t mess only wet my wife pats my crotch. Patting a crotch can be pretty obvious indicator if someone is wet/ ready for a change.

While my wife has never changed me and I prefer she doesn’t the check often comes with a recommendation I should probably get a fresh diaper.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back