Pants or Panties

Freddie07601

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My mother always referred to plastic or rubber pants as "panties." When I asked her why, she could only say that she had always called them panties. I didn't think a lot about it for quite a few years.

This week I was looking at a diaper history website that defined a long ago brand of plastic pants as "true panties because they did not have a fly front." I asked AI if a fly front was the difference between pants and panties. AI said that IS the difference .

So all these years I have been wearing panties and did not realize it!

I don't expect this discovery will change the way diaper covers are described by most people. But it's nice to know that "plastic panties" really IS an accurate description.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, DLJosie and PrettyGirl76
4665855875_f3ccd8e16c_z.jpg

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, DLJosie, BOXERSORBRIEFS and 4 others
I wore something like those during the day as an older kid. My mom made them herself. Snap fasteners, never ties. I wore them so I could change myself at school. Not as effective as diapers but better than regular underwear for sure .

I would agree that a main difference between pants and panties is the lack of a fly with panties. So yes, we've all been wearing diaper panties...haha.

Reactions: Freddie07601
I don't recall what my parents called them when I and my sister were little and wearing them.

I use plastic pants/plastic panties interchangeably now.

Reactions: vp39 and Freddie07601
I have a load of sport briefs and they are underwear for men but dont have the fly front on them. If you look at them they look just like a bikini panty bottom. I guess its in a way to wear panties without actually wearing them officially. I like the nice compact fit and look of them. Society generally pushes men to always wear boxer shorts or boxer briefs in most ads and store displays. I see loads of boxer briefs way more than any type of underwear for men in stores now.

Reactions: Freddie07601
Many guys are sensitive about this: panties are for girls. Well, other guys may wear plastic pants but I wear plastic panties and I'm totally cool with that.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and PrettyGirl76
BabyDenise said:
I use plastic pants/plastic panties interchangeably now.
So do I, although it seems obvious to me that plastic pants are more like women's panties than like men's underwear.

Plastic pants for me - it’s never even crossed my mind to think of them as panties!

Plastic pants for me, too. I wear men’s briefs that are flyless, too, and while they resemble women’s panties which I like I still refer to them as briefs. Old habits.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
MikeDJ said:
I have a load of sport briefs and they are underwear for men but dont have the fly front on them. If you look at them they look just like a bikini panty bottom. I guess its in a way to wear panties without actually wearing them officially. I like the nice compact fit and look of them. Society generally pushes men to always wear boxer shorts or boxer briefs in most ads and store displays. I see loads of boxer briefs way more than any type of underwear for men in stores now.
I have some New Balance underwear like that with no fly.

Back