Pacifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know they are bad for long time use and can cause teeth issues. But if you only use them as an adult here and there there shouldnt be any harm right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.

I use my Tommie Tippie paci everyday. Love them.

I just saw my dentist for a checkup after I had been using my paci overnight for the last 6 months. No comments from my dentist about any issues. I have an orthodontic type paci from LittleForBig.

No problem here either what comes about dentists and pacifier using :) One babyfur friend who lives in Norway said that the local dentist where he goes is totally fine with that too and as a matter of fact I fink it only shows cuteyish :3

I've been using pacis for years; every night. Of course adult sized (Nuk Medic).
Neither me nor my dentists have noticed any changes with the teeth.

I think as long as you make sure that your paci is the right size for your mouth (I wouldn't advise any type not intended for an adult mouth) and you don't feel any longterm discomfort using it then you should be fine. You might feel some discomfort after long times of usage but some pacifiers just take time to get used to. I've heard that people who bite on them more often have more discomfort so maybe monitor that a little. I wouldn't worry about longterm teeth problems though unless your dentist or another professional expressed some sort of concern.

I use the Big Shield Gen 2 by Littleforbig- I love that one and it feels pretty comfortable to me :)

Mostly, from what I've come to understand, the issues with teeth becoming misaligned is mainly in children who continue using pacifiers as their teeth are coming in/older children who are getting their adult teeth. Because they're still growing. Adult teeth are harder to move with a soft bit of rubber. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back