Overnight wearing/wetting.

JunkyardDog1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
As my diaper interest and comfort wearing them increases, I've been in them more often, most notably overnight. Ive wet on a few occasions whilst up and moving doing random chores or once at the store without leaks or issues. I use betterdry day. I have some crinklz and standard betterdry on the way as they have better capacity for overnight. That said, what tips do you have to relax overnight and wet without waking up and putting the trust in the diaper to do its job?

Reactions: nectar0001, skylanderpamp and ChristianDiaperLover
I wear every night and have only had a handful of leaks over the years. But because of these few leaks I started using training pants to absorb any leaks, and plastic pants over that to contain the moisture.
I and the added benefit is having a really thick combination on, is nice.
I usually watch a bit of TV after I go to bed. So if I have to pee before I fall asleep I will stand to use the front of the diaper because I sleep on my back 99% of the time so any that happens in bed goes to the back of the diaper.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Freddie07601
Usually i pee before i sleep and put on my night diaper. I like to drink a glass of water before i sleep tho. I would suggest a snug fit diaper , not too loose and it dose not meant that a bigger diaper means lesser chance of leaking. Snug fitting is the key to not leak at night when u turn sideways and start peeing. Just keep in mind that anatomicaly, as a man, I push my dick pointing downwards and thus it goes IN and BACK the diaper instead of it pointing up. usually i sleep on my back and the leaks i experience is when i drink too much and get a little drunk, the capacity broke and it overflows from the Back waist up. Else so.. just trust your diaper and dont drink too much fluids before sleeping :D

Reactions: Kellycares and JunkyardDog1
I think at night you need one more layer than during the day. I wear diaper and plastics during the day so I add rubber pants or bloomers over them for sleep.

Reactions: dous and CLPP
I sleep in nappies and padded washable inco pants with nylon waterproof pants over the lot. My bed is well protected so leaks are not a problem.

Reactions: BOXERSORBRIEFS
BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I wear every night and have only had a handful of leaks over the years. But because of these few leaks I started using training pants to absorb any leaks, and plastic pants over that to contain the moisture.
I and the added benefit is having a really thick combination on, is nice.
I usually watch a bit of TV after I go to bed. So if I have to pee before I fall asleep I will stand to use the front of the diaper because I sleep on my back 99% of the time so any that happens in bed goes to the back of the diaper.
Everyone's wetting pattern is different, and I think most people's wetting patterns vary depending on their liquid intake and other factors. I'm happy to hear you have created a combination that works well for you.

During the years when I wore Depends or Attends tape on diapers, I did the same thing. I wore training pants (actually a cloth pull-on diaper) between the disposable and plastic pants. And a onesie over everything. The combination was very bulky, of course, but also very comfortable. And I slept on an absorbent pad on top of the mattress, which had its own moisture proof cover. Most mornings the training pants were wet. The onesie was usually, but not always dry. The absorbent pad was wet occasionally. But I almost never had wet sheets.

Now, with a MegaMax and plastic pants, I no longer need the cloth training pants. I still have a few pairs of cloth training pants, but I haven't worn them in a while. I still wear onesies. Not only do they keep my diapers neat and snug, but they're also amazingly comfortable. Mine are all plain white or solid colors.

Reactions: Kellycares and dous
Cozycomfort1 said:
As my diaper interest and comfort wearing them increases, I've been in them more often, most notably overnight. Ive wet on a few occasions whilst up and moving doing random chores or once at the store without leaks or issues. I use betterdry day. I have some crinklz and standard betterdry on the way as they have better capacity for overnight. That said, what tips do you have to relax overnight and wet without waking up and putting the trust in the diaper to do its job?
The odds of actually wetting yourself in your sleep if you do not have a prior history of bedwetting (at least since puberty, that is) are very slim. Best to hope for in my opinion is getting to the point of being able to just partially wake up, pee without getting out of bed, and go back to sleep. Do that enough times and you may not really have a strong memory of waking up to go once it becomes commonplace enough. This is assuming you wear to sleep most if not every night; if you only wear overnight infrequently it's not going to happen.

Reactions: nectar0001, Kellycares, Andy97 and 2 others
I have been wearing and wetting overnight on a fairly regular basis for just over a year now, sometimes every night for two or three weeks in a row, plus other times still quite often - usually several times a week. I still wake to pee as normal and I’m always awake when I wet myself. The only difference I have found is that I do drift off back to sleep much more quickly than when don’t wear and I need to get up.

So, I have found some benefit of being in nappies at night in that I do sleep much better, but the main reason for me to wear is that it just feels so nice!

Reactions: Andy97, geka, BOXERSORBRIEFS and 1 other person
I was a bedwetter until about 12 yrs old. And I am getting up frequently to pee overnight and its bothersome. Unless I cut fluids way before bed, then I can sometimes go all night.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Cozycomfort1 said:
I was a bedwetter until about 12 yrs old. And I am getting up frequently to pee overnight and its bothersome. Unless I cut fluids way before bed, then I can sometimes go all night.
Dehydration is not good for you, so diapers do offer a very practical solution.

Reactions: Kellycares and JunkyardDog1
broadband76 said:
The odds of actually wetting yourself in your sleep if you do not have a prior history of bedwetting (at least since puberty, that is) are very slim. Best to hope for in my opinion is getting to the point of being able to just partially wake up, pee without getting out of bed, and go back to sleep. Do that enough times and you may not really have a strong memory of waking up to go once it becomes commonplace enough. This is assuming you wear to sleep most if not every night; if you only wear overnight infrequently it's not going to happen.
I'm finding this to be true. Wearing every night, still wake up when I got to go, just do in the diaper while still in bed and go back to sleep. Sometimes I vaguely even remember waking up. But as you said, it needs to be consistent.

Reactions: TigerDL and Kellycares
I can say that, as someone with no history whatsoever of bed wetting, wearing every night for the last six months has created a situation where I occasionally wet at night now. This January alone, I’ve woken wet 8 times. Now, it’s not a lot, but enough to turn the lines blue in the crotch and up the front. Not a soaker, but enough to do it

longislandguy said:
I can say that, as someone with no history whatsoever of bed wetting, wearing every night for the last six months has created a situation where I occasionally wet at night now. This January alone, I’ve woken wet 8 times. Now, it’s not a lot, but enough to turn the lines blue in the crotch and up the front. Not a soaker, but enough to do it
How do you feel about the possibility that you may be becoming dependent on diapers at night? I can see arguments both ways, so I’d be interested in your thoughts

Reactions: TenaciousDL
NudistMD said:
How do you feel about the possibility that you may be becoming dependent on diapers at night? I can see arguments both ways, so I’d be interested in your thoughts
All good. It's one of the reasons why I started wearing in the first place.

NudistMD said:
I'd been wearing and wetting (often in my sleep) at night for a few years, when I had to have hip surgeries. I could not wear diapers during recovery, so I was worried that I would start wetting the bed. Turned out, I had nothing to worry about. I made the transition to getting up to pee at night without issue. Individual results may vary, but I've read posts from many others who had similar experiences.

It might be a good idea to sleep on a liner pad for extra protection that does not require the wearing of additional garments. That can be an important issue for comfort, especially during the summer months.

Reactions: Kellycares
TenaciousDL said:
It might be a good idea to sleep on a liner pad for extra protection that does not require the wearing of additional garments. That can be an important issue for comfort, especially during the summer months.
I have a pad that goes under the fitted sheet, a waterproof mattress cover and two pads on top of the fitted sheet. So, quite protected. It was actually frustrating when I wouldn't wet until I woke up in the morning....felt like a waste of preparation! Although, since I've recently began to wet while sleeping, albeit in a small amount, I have not had a wet pad. It stays entirely in the diaper.

Reactions: Kellycares and TenaciousDL
broadband76 said:
Everyone is different. I wet the bed infrequently between ages 6 and 11. I started wearing diapers again (sparingly for fun) when I was about 38. I started wearing regularly at night (just for the feeling and morning wettings) a few years later. Eventually, I found myself, to my amused delight, waking up in a wet diaper. That increased as the years progressed. Now it is common for me. For me, it was a matter of finding disposable diapers I could trust. Those were not available when I started, but they became increasingly available a few years down the road.

Reactions: Kellycares and NudistMD
longislandguy said:
I have a pad that goes under the fitted sheet, a waterproof mattress cover and two pads on top of the fitted sheet. So, quite protected. It was actually frustrating when I wouldn't wet until I woke up in the morning....felt like a waste of preparation! Although, since I've recently began to wet while sleeping, albeit in a small amount, I have not had a wet pad. It stays entirely in the diaper.
Time and age may take care of that. In the meantime, relaxing herbal tea in the evening may help. I like regular tea, but I don't have a problem with the caffeine unless I drink a second cup too close to sleepy time. Nothing makes my diapers wetter.

Reactions: longislandguy
TenaciousDL said:
Time and age may take care of that. In the meantime, relaxing herbal tea in the evening may help. I like regular tea, but I don't have a problem with the caffeine unless I drink a second cup too close to sleepy time. Nothing makes my diapers wetter.
I’ll have to give it a try. I’ve never woken up soaked and want to experience what it’s like. But, just seeing the color change in the wetness indicator in the morning has been quite interesting so far on its own.

Back