It said to place avatar here!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
How many others here have touch issues?

I have nerve damage most likely from spinal menengitis as a kid. I also think i was undiagnosed autistic (was in LD classes though) but now have brain damage from an accident so wither current issues are from before accident is unknown, but have some serious issues with short term memory and also with lots of sensory anomomilies as well that have been seen after the accident, and lots of other issues.

But, how many people have issues with touch? I myself do not like things to be loose or moving as for clothing or things against my skin. I prefer things to be snug to tight, or nothing at all. So i usually wear LKS sleepers that are snug even tight, and if i have on a blanket i use a weighted blanket, and going out i wear swim shorts (liner tight to skin and outer doesnt really touch skin) and a slightly tight t-shirt. I cant stand jeans or pants that rub on skin, and also cant stand a loose or flowing shirt.

Now, when i've needed to wear more clothes like snomobiling before my accident, i'd wear tight snow bibs all zipped up and snug, and then a snug/tight jacket, usually have like cuddle duds or alike on next to skin.

Anyone else have issues with things moving against skin like this, to me it feels like there are bugs crawling on my skin if things move against the skin, and it really causes me to be crazy after a short period of time.

When out these days, i'm usually in a wheelchair, and i have on a bodysuit over diaper, like a preventawear suit that is cut to my size (not the strechy one) and if possible still shorts...

• Wow
Reactions: TrashPanda01, PaddedCub and Edgewater
Sounds a lot like the tactile part of my sensory processing disorder. I don’t like loose clothes either it feels very bad. I really like how diapers ‘squeeze my soul back into my body’. My weighted blanket helps me too. I’m avoidant of many textures and light pressure, but I’m seeking of some textures and heavy pressure

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Bigbabybret and TrashPanda01
I do not like anyone I don't know well enough touching me. That goes for salespeople, anyone who's not a doc. I think touch is used indiscriminately and too much by the general public. That may be just my autism speaking but there's no need for anyone I don't know & trust well enough touching me...unless they're "looking for a soft spot to stick the knife", so to speak. It takes trust. Trust takes time. Handshakes are fine.

Reactions: littledub1955, EmX, CrayonRocket and 2 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
I do not like anyone I don't know well enough touching me. That goes for salespeople, anyone who's not a doc. I think touch is used indiscriminately and too much by the general public. That may be just my autism speaking but there's no need for anyone I don't know & trust well enough touching me...unless they're "looking for a soft spot to stick the knife", so to speak. It takes trust. Trust takes time. Handshakes are fine.
Yes i agree, i'm not a fan of shaking hands and especially of people that you just meet trying to give you a hug or worse the dreaded kiss on the cheek in some parts of europe.

I usually just say hi, dont do the handshake thing (yes i have for work thing many times ugg!) and if i see a handshake or worse a hug coming i usually try to break eye contact and switch to another person really fast and usually it's avoided.

These days though i'm in a wheelchair and i never put forth a hand for shaking and dont get looked at odd, at least a wheelchair is good for something.

I also think overall it's getting a bit less common with the covid thing for people to shake hands and alike...I avoided it till 2022 when i got it in the ER/ICU most likely from intake, as that time a friend had drove me in to the front door of the er, and then was manhandled into a wheelchair and then a gurney, so there were like 5-6 intake staff there and most likely where i got it.

But yeah, wether its autistic or not, i dont like people touching me unless they are extremely close to me. Like my niece and nephew or my GF's or alike...not even really good friends are in the touch is ok zone for me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
PaddedCub said:
Sounds a lot like the tactile part of my sensory processing disorder. I don’t like loose clothes either it feels very bad. I really like how diapers ‘squeeze my soul back into my body’. My weighted blanket helps me too. I’m avoidant of many textures and light pressure, but I’m seeking of some textures and heavy pressure
Yes sounds similar, I also have issues with texture in food as well, certain textures i cannot eat, no matter the taste. Cant stand things like fat or skin, wont even eat chicken on the bone, i get near some grissel and i'm done eating totally.

Is dangerous touching my back etc - If I don't see who and what's doing behind my back, it's very risky - I beated up several persons for touching my back/butt unexpectedly.

Last edited:
Bigbabybret said:
...i usually try to break eye contact and switch to another person really fast and usually it's avoided.
Eye contact. Muggles feel it is a strength; I feel when it's prolonged, it's domineering and predatory. My thought when people leer for too long is "Jeez, look around! I'm not a celebrity or a novelty...I'm just me!" It's a major reason why I refuse to go to church anymore: too much eye contact and that anxiety brought on by its expectations...especially after nearly getting sexually asssulted by a church elder.

Bigbabybret said:
These days though i'm in a wheelchair and i never put forth a hand for shaking and dont get looked at odd, at least a wheelchair is good for something.
Thank you for that! I, too, am in a wheelchair for shopping, other excursions which require strolling (airport, etc.). People either realize that your hands are busy with the wheels (often dirty) or nobody wants to feel awkward shaking hands or embracing a chairborne person. Fine by me.

Bigbabybret said:
Yes sounds similar, I also have issues with texture in food as well, certain textures i cannot eat, no matter the taste. Cant stand things like fat or skin, wont even eat chicken on the bone, i get near some grissel and i'm done eating totally.
Agh! The biggest one is corn! It's like it explodes in your mouth and I hate that feeling...but that's only second-place to its smell & taste. The closer I get to corn, the more nauseous I get; close enough, I gag and closer yet, I projectile-vomit.

Oddly enough, I can eat corn flakes, corn bread...just zero whole-kernel corn. There are thousands upon thousands of others like me as far as corn. It's as unique as my urge to wear diapers...and live as a big baby.

Reactions: Bigbabybret
BobbiSueEllen said:
Eye contact. Muggles feel it is a strength; I feel when it's prolonged, it's domineering and predatory. My thought when people leer for too long is "Jeez, look around! I'm not a celebrity or a novelty...I'm just me!" It's a major reason why I refuse to go to church anymore: too much eye contact and that anxiety brought on by its expectations...especially after nearly getting sexually asssulted by a church elder.
Yeah, even today being out, when i see people look at me i look away quite quick, even when i wear my shades and noone can see my eyes i avery my gaze quick whe people look my way, i think that is my bit of autistic tendency coming out.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Thank you for that! I, too, am in a wheelchair for shopping, other excursions which require strolling (airport, etc.). People either realize that your hands are busy with the wheels (often dirty) or nobody wants to feel awkward shaking hands or embracing a chairborne person. Fine by me.
Yeah i had a friend pushing my wheelchair today (my right arm is not good and i use technically a push chair (convaid) that is reclined for my back to handle the day out) and also did reminf them of the other plus that no matter if she cut in front of someone or even if she bumped into someone the other people after seeing the wheelchair always say sorry to up even if not thier fault (sorta get a laugh over it). But also I hear that places like amusment parks and such you can get to the front of the line, it also happened during covid at ikea, everyone just told us to go ahead of them waiting to get into the store (covaid special thing). Also get a lot of people helping wth doors which is actually helpful.
But, i still cant understand the people that start talking to me like i'm somehow mentally impared, Yes my body is broken, i do have some brain damage, but in no means do you need to talk to me like a baby (No im not really into the AB thing else it might be fun) and talk slow and loud to me. I usually respond with some $100 words to them or some sarcastic remark (im sarcastic as a general rule so not a special response) and they are usually taken aback somehow by me talking like a normal adult.
Like coming up and stooping down and saying "How are you doing there today buddy?" or "Hello, I work here (obviously wearing a uniform with thier name) and my name is XXXX, can i help you find anything"
Now thier heart is in the right place, and i dont tell them off, i just talk back like an adult after the slow loud and usually high pitched baby talk to me, and they are startled, I do find it amusing, but at that time i always thing boy if i were AB i bet i'd love this, as opposed to being embaresed and/or annoyed.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Agh! The biggest one is corn! It's like it explodes in your mouth and I hate that feeling...but that's only second-place to its smell & taste. The closer I get to corn, the more nauseous I get; close enough, I gag and closer yet, I projectile-vomit.

Oddly enough, I can eat corn flakes, corn bread...just zero whole-kernel corn. There are thousands upon thousands of others like me as far as corn. It's as unique as my urge to wear diapers...and live as a big baby.
Yeah, been thinking about the corn thing, that is not my deal, i actually like corn, but things like grits, no way, or oatmeal, or things like gummie worms are totally grose to me, not about the taste at all, just the texture, i even have a hard time with ediables that are bummie based, prefer using butter in something as opposed to the whole gummie thing, even though its more for medicine than food.

I also used to have a huge deal swollowing pills, back when i was young it took me a long time to get over it, i used to practice with tick tacs and red hots to get pased the gag reflex feeling them go down, even yet i have to think of something else and do it quickwith lots of liquid or ill gag a bit.

Also, the thouch thing i've always had, and not sure it's is associated with what i think is a bit of being on the spectrum or if its from the nerve damage. I know the other things like not being able to focus on one thing for long and ping ponging around tasks is more autistic area, as is the not looking in the eyes, and the just seeming to think of things in a different was as others, like being able to visualize electrical circuits or designing networks and security systems and programs in my head comes easily (yes is what i did for living)

But the touch things I'm not sure about if it's just from nerve damage or part of maybe being autistic to some degree, they seem to be clasic autistic things, like the pressure (i like pressure, weighted blankets, tight pjs,etc) and the rest i've mentioned, just always been a question in my mind onto wich side of the fence they come from,

There are certain types of surface textures I don't like to touch with my skin, but that seems to be less dramatic than for you.

I totally agree with the food textures, though. My biggest aversion is against homogenous foods contanining bits of a different texture. For instance, bread with sunflower seeds, cake with soggy raisins or thick gravy with peanuts are horror for me.
While I can eat corn, I feel can very much comprehend BobbiSueEllen's aversion.

I also had huge problems swallowing pills.

(For the record: I'm not diagnosed, but I have autistic children, and the psychiatrist who tested them supects me)

I'm very sensitive to scratchy clothes and so I buy and wear clothes that are soft. I'm very sensitive to being touched. I attended a music conservatory where half the male population was gay. There were several occasions where at a party, they got me passing out drunk so they could "do things". I'm not sure to what extent but I'd eventually wake up with some guy on top of me. No wonder I'm in therapy! I also got hit on all the time because I guess I was cute and good looking, back in the day. I should add that I had a boyfriend, a fellow student so they thought I was fair game. The touching and molestation really changed me so I'm kind of a keep your hands off me.

I did marry a girl, the mother of our children and I yearn for her touch as she died six years ago, so it's not like I'm ruined.

• Sad
Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
I seem to. I’ve noticed that when my wife massages me I get sensitive to it after a few seconds if she touches the same place over and over.

It begins to feel like she has sand paper and is sanding my skin off. I begin to get a sort of burning raw feeling like if you fall and got a bad scrape. It’s pretty weird. Sadly, I have to ask her to stop.

• Thinking
BobbiSueEllen said:
Bigbabybret said:
Yes i agree, i'm not a fan of shaking hands and especially of people that you just meet trying to give you a hug or worse the dreaded kiss on the cheek in some parts of europe.

I usually just say hi, dont do the handshake thing (yes i have for work thing many times ugg!) and if i see a handshake or worse a hug coming i usually try to break eye contact and switch to another person really fast and usually it's avoided.

I also think overall it's getting a bit less common with the covid thing for people to shake hands and alike...I avoided it till 2022 when i got it in the ER/ICU most likely from intake, as that time a friend had drove me in to the front door of the er, and then was manhandled into a wheelchair and then a gurney, so there were like 5-6 intake staff there and most likely where i got it.

But yeah, wether its autistic or not, i dont like people touching me unless they are extremely close to me. Like my niece and nephew or my GF's or alike...not even really good friends are in the touch is ok zone for me.
I never liked people I don't know touching me either. That's the main reason I quit going to church

Reactions: Bigbabybret and BobbiSueEllen
PaddedCub said:
I don't like loose shirts and I don't like a blanket on me when I sleep but for some reason I like my diaper to be snug and tight.

• Love
I am not a fan of being touched either, but only on my stomach and chest. Even from my wife which sucks for her. I feel so bad when I push her hands away when she just wants to touch her husband. I try to let it go on as long as I can and then I just can’t take it anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbabybret and BobbiSueEllen
I have touch issues around my left hip, buttocks, and down inside left leg since I has spinal fusion surgery 2-years ago. I cannot lie on my left side for too long. Very uncomfortable.

I'm not sure if it's a "touch" issue, but it's certainly a tactile sensory thing: I have a strong affinity for squishy, sticky, gooey, slimy stuff - and always have. When I was young, I'd layer my hands with Elmer's. More finger paint ended up on me than on the paper. Even now, I sometimes cover myself in (latex) paint; just pushing a hand down into a fairly full paint can is a blast. Marshmallow Fluff is also great fun - really sticky until it gets wet, then it gets slippery. Mud, especially smooth red clay, is the absolute best - and the deeper the better.

Yes, id say that likin certain sensations like mud/clay is a sensory experiance, and to what extent is irrevelant as if you like that sensation then you lik it.

Same as if you dislike a sensation.

I'm not sure myself where my thouch "issues" come from, wether from the touch of autism or from trauma from menengitis, and at this point with lots of spinal damage the ability to test is sorta gone as to what caused it.

I know the "new" area i have with touch, places where i cannot feel like my right foot, both hands are dimished overall and have no feeling in some fingers and just places on my body that get the crawling sensations and have no way to itch it as no feelin g in that area, really sucks to have an itch you cannot scratch, i take some meds to help with the issues as well.

Now, for thoes that do have autism and/or sensory issues, when did they start and/or is there a physical reason for them to have come about?

I of course dont remember before i had memengitis as a baby so not sure what sorta feeling changed from that.

I also having it all the time just thought it was normal to not feel certain areas and to my knowledge never had any testing as a kid for things like touch sensation or alike, even though i was in LD classes for writting and anything to do with small motor skills like art or alike, as i to this day cannot write or do anything with m hands unless watching them intently as i cant tell what they are doing, i cannot ever really touch type per se, i can type relativly fast like 35wpm but i have to switch my gaze to my hands and whatever im looking at back and forth to do this, i cannnot just type without seeing my hands.

Back