Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Other men who are alone?

When I was a young boy I had a couple close friends but after puberty we went our separate ways. Probably because they started dating girls and I just had no interest in dating anyone. My only friends I had after that was my mom and my palm sized stuffed rabbit and my pet rock. They were my constant companions. I felt sad when my childhood friends left because I knew that chapter of my life was over. But I didn’t feel lonely. Then after I started working I made friends at work but they were just work and party buddies. It wasn’t until I turned 30 that I met my best friend. 30 years later and we are still friends even though he and his family moved to another state that just gave me a place to stay on vacation. Then when I turned 50 I met my 2’nd best friend. I always spend the holidays with his family now that mom is gone. Plus he is the pastor of my church and they always have a meal at the church after service so it feels like a family gathering every Sunday.
Then a few years ago I let a guy who needed a place to stay live with me so I am not alone at home either.
I still am open to a relationship if I meet someone who sweeps me off my feet but I don’t see that happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Woncrinklz and Edgewater
I'm at the other age end of the spectrum, 76 and a widower. Loneliness is one reason why I see my therapist. I do get to see both my sons but my daughter lives 3 thousand miles away so I may see her once a year. I'm learning to adjust to the loneliness. I try to stay busy, either with my part time job or chores and activities at home. That said, aging widows and widowers are becoming the forgotten people in the US.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Woncrinklz, Edgewater and 1 other person
I was born and grew-up on the wrong side of the tracks, yes poor. But learned early to make things and join with others to make stuff and that resulted in learning to be social. Played outside with all the other kids (no TV's) and that included girls as well. Since money was always limited, the men would help each other and the kids would help!

Found I have a love for fixing and making stuff. Was good at school, well most were because schools were really good back then and religion was there as well. Started in the local Junior College and at the end of the first year, I was asked to join the Service of My Country. Tested well in mechanical abilities and that helped!! Returned to complete College with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. That Last year of College, I met the love of my life!

Life can suck, but near 90% of everything regard Human's moving forward, sitting or falling deeper into themselves is in our heads and it is the choice we make each day that defines us!

I am Urine-Incontinence, 24/7, as a result of a high-speed car crash. I could easily called the reality of wearing diapers 24/7 as a reason to hide away. But, I was married with a one year old son, a mortgage and a profession I loved and needed to be back to work quickly! Second day home, I was heavily cloth diapered with plastic pants as my dear wife, our son and I stepped-out our front door and never looked back.

Your life is what you make of it! It is your choice! But, at 76 years old, I can tell you life fly's by and if you do not start make those choices TODAY, you will find yourself doing the same years from now!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, db80, denimchicken and 3 others
I'm 22. I'm not happy. I'm stating it just as a pure fact. I have OCD, I'm lonely most of the time, I don't accept myself (or even know where or how to begin), and the darkness mounts a little more each day. I'm searching for a special someone, whether they be a friend or a lover, but I might never have that kind of person again. I guess I'm really pessimistic, huh? But oh well. I survive each day, I'm hoping to get the chance to get better soon. But life lacks meaning, and I struggle with that alot.

• Sad
  • Hug
Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, PadPhilosopher, dogboy and 2 others
Rainbow said:
I'm 22. I'm not happy. I'm stating it just as a pure fact. I have OCD, I'm lonely most of the time, I don't accept myself (or even know where or how to begin), and the darkness mounts a little more each day. I'm searching for a special someone, whether they be a friend or a lover, but I might never have that kind of person again. I guess I'm really pessimistic, huh? But oh well. I survive each day, I'm hoping to get the chance to get better soon. But life lacks meaning, and I struggle with that alot.
You are doing a great job of assuring nothing will be changing anytime soon. Being your worst enemy is not going to help. Caring for and Loving yourself has to come first. Accept yourself for who you are today and work every hour at accepting and then changing yourself.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, PadPhilosopher, dogboy and 1 other person
Yes I'm alone as well. However I know that the reason I'm alone is because I don't put myself out there enough. I can think of a couple times in the past when women have shown interest in me but I chickened out, or wasn't smart enough to realize she was into me.
While I think it would be great to find a female companion, I think my best bet would be to find friends, be then male, or female. If something develops from there that would be great.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, ShyBoo81 and Sealander
Lonely guy here. Im 29, live completely by myself, and dont have anyone nearby since my old college friends and family live far far away. Its actually nice being entirely independent to do whatever I want. But not gonna lie, I sometimes wish I had a companion to share life with, be it a best friend or girlfriend. Idk how to meet new people tbh, especially as an introvert. Im still learning to love myself and be optimistic so that someday ill find the right person who likes me for me. Watching a bunch of mental health videos on YouTube really taught me alot about forming relationships with people.

Yeah it would be nice to have a girlfriend, but for now Im content being alone. Hope that I meet someone special organically when the time comes. And in the meantime Im staying away from all the nice guy, incel, redditor, manosphere, and other toxic bs for my own sanity. Dont wanna become one of those guys lol

Reactions: Neet and PadPhilosopher
i feelit sum days it hard being lonly but im not i have you guys and gals and we are special welove our baby side and diaper that im happy with

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I am pretty lonely, although my social life is vibrant, I would like a wife and kids, and I feel like I am getting too old (32) to find that. I know there is still time though, but it doesn't feel like much.

Sealander said:
But the romance department is... eh. I guess I'm close to asexual. I don't get aroused by other people in the same way that other people, evidently, do, although I have been aroused by a romantic partner before. It makes me very hesitant about dating because I worry about partnering with someone and then not feeling interest in them, which might bother them or lead me to feel like I'm a fraud.
I can relate, I am also asexual. I was looking for a celibate relationship, but now I think I might be okay without that with the right person I can trust. Also wanting biological kids is hard without this (although possible).

Reactions: Sealander and PadPhilosopher
Imagine how awesome it would be to have a local ABDL friend. That's the dream right there.

• Thinking
Reactions: googlyeyes467, DiaperedTeddyBear, akbabydante and 2 others
I am alone in a very profound way. I have had numerous relationships come to a screeching halt, one in the past clearly my fault, some others not, including one recently with a quasi AB lady who was very special to me, and very compatible with me, but also very troubled, and who decided she needed to work on herself for awhile without a lover in her life, and while that was very painful, I understood.

Still, it saddens me to hear so many people who are alone and despairing, many at fairly young ages. A remark was made about men growing up to be twigs, but I assure you, not all women are concerned about beef. The type of woman who makes a great lover is much more concerned about a man's mind and heart. Many men are cripplingly shy, but could actually win a woman pretty easily just by being kind and sensitive. Good women swoon at that, but not all men understand how to do it.

I've recommended Gary Smalley's video series "Hidden Keys to Loving Relationships" in the past, and it is fabulous. Sadly, it is out of print, but copies pop up, and sometimes bits of it make it online for awhile before the copyright hounds catch it.

Women's hearts are not half so mysterious as most men think they are, but they are radically different than ours. Learn what they need, and you can get one, and have a meaningful, satisfying relationship.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sealander, Edgewater, TeeMousy and 1 other person
One more thought: we are so much more than our underwear. You cannot build a deep, meaningful relationship around one common interest. Focus on developing meaningful relationships.

• Love
Reactions: dogboy, denimchicken, Edgewater and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
One more thought: we are so much more than our underwear. You cannot build a deep, meaningful relationship around one common interest. Focus on developing meaningful relationships.
I totally agree. That's why I was saying make some friends first, have a common interest beyond diapers. You can't build a meaningful relationship on diapers alone. In fact don't make diapers the top priority. If your partner participates in your diapers that's a bonus. As long as they're not outright against it.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
SparkyDog said:
As someone who is Asexual and "single"
I wish to be single. I understand I have no SO or family but I am fine with that choice.
Am I happy? No, but not due to those choices
Personally, I would like someone in my life and I am asexual. I don't want sex but I do want companionship. Someone to change me wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: SparkyDog, Edgewater, denimchicken and 1 other person
Rainbow said:
I could have written that post when I was your age. Over 20 years later I'm a lot wiser, and I now understand that it's difficult to love someone else, or be loved by them, if you don't love yourself first.

Start paying attention to that voice in your head, the one that tells you you're unacceptable, that you're no good, and that no one wants to be your friend. Start talking back. Ask yourself why you're unacceptable. You probably don't have a good reason.

Cut yourself some slack. Gently and loving correct that voice when it tells you you're no good or that you screwed up. Tell yourself that you don't have to be perfect and that it's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to both love yourself as you are and want to change and get better. Keep doing this and you will slowly start to change the way you feel about yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Rainbow, Sealander, denimchicken and 3 others
1715312761916.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Sealander
Back