Ordering diapers online

Ryanwet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
How's anybody? Ordered diapers through Amazon and they came in a non-discreed box pretty embarrassing because I know a lot of people that work at the post office just curious if that has happened to anybody else

It happened to me once. I ordered a larger than normal box of Girl Goodnites and they were delivered to the outside of my door with the Goodnite box and a mailing address stuck on the box. Anyone driving by could have seen the Goodnite box!

I actually felt a little bad for the UPS guy. He had to deliver 4 pretty obvious boxes a couple weeks ago. I personally don't give a shit about it. If I was around (or, more accurately for this delivery wearing pants), I'd have taken the boxes right from him. If for some reason he asked what they were, I'd have told him exactly what, but I doubt most delivery drivers care.

Anyway, LL Medico and a couple others, in my experience, do the Larry Enticer... Just gonna send it! They say "discreet" and that just means "we sent the box as we got it!"

I've been skeptical to order diapers from Amazon because of that 😬 thanks for the heads up. I order mine from abu and they come in a plain box, I got some from etsy and they were also well packaged 😌

dogboy said:
It happened to me once. I ordered a larger than normal box of Girl Goodnites and they were delivered to the outside of my door with the Goodnite box and a mailing address stuck on the box. Anyone driving by could have seen the Goodnite box!
That's exactly what I ordered was the new size of goodnights and I hang out with a few people from the post office in the one person that I know really well brought me my package.

We don't have door to door parcel delivery in my town.

If they're fulfilled or shipped by Amazon, they're usually in Amazon boxes or bags.
If they're from a third-party seller, you're at the mercy of that third-party seller.

I've not had any issues, from or through Amazon (besides one failed delivery from a then new depot), and tend to only use trusted third-party sellers (especially as our 'other' delivery services are a bit dodgy; not naming names...cough-royalmail-cough:
IMG_20220328_102152.jpg).

Reactions: Ryanwet and dogboy
I ordered Carousel Diapers from Amazon and the retore label has the shipper name printed on it "The ABDL Shop".

I don't actually buy them any more. But when I used to get them, I normally went with cloth (reusable) diapers. They were more expensive in the short term, but over time paid for themselves and were actually cheaper. I got them from All Together Enterprises. They came in a solid brown box and the return label read as A.T.E. ... <address>. So, there was no indication outside the box what was inside.

ade said:
(especially as our 'other' delivery services are a bit dodgy; not naming names...cough-royalmail-cough:
).
I'd still use them over hermes any day of the week, my goodness hermes are bad.

Belarin said:
I'd still use them over hermes any day of the week, my goodness hermes are bad.
You mean Evri now as the Leopard has tried to change their spots 😂😂😂

Ryanwet said:
How's anybody? Ordered diapers through Amazon and they came in a non-discreed box pretty embarrassing because I know a lot of people that work at the post office just curious if that has happened to anybody else
I ordered a box of a 100 size 8 pampers from Amazon Uk last weekend , they just slapped a label on the box 😧 so every side was pampers

• Wow
Reactions: dogboy
parcelboy2 said:
You mean Evri now as the Leopard has tried to change their spots 😂😂😂
yes... the evil..... bad words, actually held my package for 9 days while they changed names... why they had to delay everything just for a name change I don't know.

Belarin said:
yes... the evil..... bad words, actually held my package for 9 days while they changed names... why they had to delay everything just for a name change I don't know.
Why the name change? What's wrong with Herpes? 🤣
My mum 'uses' them a fair bit when buying clothes (her and her mates all prefer the local driver). The only real dealings I've had with them have been when returning items to Amazon (there's a Herpes machine in our local co-op) and they certainly do drag things out.

Yodel tend to do the inco-shop/nrs/drylife deliveries, if ordering direct from them. I usually just order from their Amazon outlet since they seem to have storage there and you get Amazon delivery with tracking (so far, the best tracking that I've seen).

parcelboy2 said:
I ordered a box of a 100 size 8 pampers from Amazon Uk last weekend , they just slapped a label on the box 😧 so every side was pampers
Amazon does that to save on packaging if you order something that can be potentially embarrassing such as diapers there is an option at check out to have it shipped in an Amazon package
"Item arrives in packaging that shows what’s inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging.
Ship in Amazon packaging"

you have to look for it and select itUntitl.jpg

Reactions: Ryanwet
Belarin said:
my goodness hermes are bad.
Had a 'fun' one with DPD, yesterday:
I was awaiting them turning up (with an Amazon order) as per the 'delivery slot hour' and went to the door to get the usual mail from the mailbag (after looking out of the front window for while) when I got the 'sorry we missed you' email from DPD! And that they've taken it to their nearest pickup point, miles away and with a likely cost to me of £20 in taxis (for a £10 item).
Naturally, I then checked our ring doorbell (they hadn't been) and the bins, just in case, and then got straight onto Amazon.

I think we'll be writing-off this one.

The Girls at the post office figured it out years ago (I use a flex ship address from Canada Post) They always knew what packages to grab when they saw me in line and had them ready at the counter.

ade said:
I was awaiting them turning up (with an Amazon order) as per the 'delivery slot hour' and went to the door to get the usual mail from the mailbag (after looking out of the front window for while) when I got the 'sorry we missed you' email from DPD! And that they've taken it to their nearest pickup point, miles away and with a likely cost to me of £20 in taxis (for a £10 item).
Naturally, I then checked our ring doorbell (they hadn't been) and the bins, just in case, and then got straight onto Amazon.

I've had that as well, either they're late on their rounds, can't get to you in time and don't want to be yelled at for not delivering, which is fair enough I could understand if they've had too much to reach everyone but at least be honest about it. Or they're just lazy and take their time and again don't want to be discovered and called out for it.

Thankfully I can usually just rearrange the delivery for another day when this happens and don't have to go and get it unless I want to.

This is nothing. I ordered a set of Southern Pacific "Lark" Passenger cars from a catolog hobby shop back in 2001 and they arrived in a box that was "just available" for shipping. Of course the carpenter that was remodleing our house was in the model railroad group and my mother handed him the "Tampon" box with my name on it. I had to open it when I got home from work just to see what it was. Boy did I jet ribbed at the next train night.

egor said:
Tampon" box with my name on it.
Such things happen, periodically.
🤭

• Haha
Reactions: egor, chiaochai and TigerDL
ade said:

I've had this happen to me and I chose to do nothing because, at least in my neck of the woods, they'll still deliver it. But that might not be true in the UK.

Back