Onesies?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I’ve never really owned an actual onesie and it sounds like a lot of fun. Everyone says it’s like a suspender for your diaper? That sounds super funny to me and I don’t get it so I guess I should try one. Anyone got any good recommendations for onesies and what’s the deal with the suspender about?

I really like the ones I got from onesies down under

Reactions: lilkayden and BuffedBaby
4Care makes nice ones. Check North Shore.

Try looking for women's body suits in thrift stores.

The “suspender” comparison is because, if you have a snug fitting onesie, it will hold your diaper up and in place even after you have wet a few times (diapers start to sag when wet).

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Onesies are so, so much fun to wear, you will love them! I love mine, have two: a boyish white w/ lap-shoulders & blue trim, and a girly Baby-Bear print w/ lap-shoulders & light frill on the sleeves. They come from Kim at BigTot on Etsy, her stuff is so good! She also sells dresses (own two, white & Baby-Bear), diaper covers (two also, trucks & Baby-Bear), rompers (own one, trucks), various outfits...she also has training pants, big kid undies, so much more. And the prices are better than expected, it's worth a check! I love the stuff she made and sold me! :love:

Here's my BigTot girly onesie...snug, soft and comfy!

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.2049169341_8pbb.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2049169341_8pbb.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 9
Lacking finding a onesie consider a leotard (a onesie without the snap crotch feature).
Will make the ease of changing a task indeed - but will take care of supporting a loaded diaper till change can be done.

I recently purchased my first onesie from Changing Times Diaper Co. It's from their Bear Hugs line. Nice product and I really love it. I feel so little when wearing it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I love the ones from Onesies Down Under. I own 8 or 9 of them. They are nicely snug in the way they hold your diaper close but not uncomfortably so. I have never had a leak wearing a onesie over my diaper and I'm a heavy nighttime wetter and a side sleeper.

I have a bunch of juvenile print onesies. I found that if you want the shoulder snap, (or not), that going to Amazon and searching for the onesies from baby-pants. I like them and the nurses at the hospital when I have to stay like them.

A onesie is basically a t shirt ttop but with an extended front and rear which has poppers on. you put it on just like a t shirt then fasten the poppers underneath your crotch, this supports your nappy and makes it more discreet. You can get Braces or I think you guys call them suspenders for nappies.
They consist of 2 straps with 4 clips on, 2 for the rear of the nappy and 2 for the front, the straps go over your shoulders and are adjustable to give the best fit. I've seen them on the internet but never used a pair. If I'm alone and go out I wear a plain coloured onesie, If I'm with mummy she decides although we never go out with me wearing something obviously babyish or juvenile. And just so you know in the UK suspenders are what ladies use to keep their stockings up.

By onesies do you mean a t-shirt with buttons at the crotch, a romper, a union suit, or footed PJs? It seems all of them are called “onesies” on the market... I’m assuming you mean just the first and for males (given the name of Link)...

Hands down, the most comfortable cotton onesies are the Tykables, without question. Highest grade of material and workmanship. I like these more than I like a lot of my non-ABDL cloths. They are just super comfortable!!! I also give points to the ABU ones for having the best elastic around the legs to properly secure the diaper.

Least favorite are LittleForBig, AwwSoCute, and similar. These are paper-thin. Also, these brands, like many others on the market are actually just women’s bodysuits. They don’t properly fit males at all, and aren’t cut as onesies for supporting diapers.

Last edited:
Seasonedcitizen said:
Try looking for women's body suits in thrift stores.
No, no, no. At least not if purchasing for a male. Maybe for some individuals, but these don’t properly fit a typical American male correctly at all. It’s actually a problem when ordering online to ensure thats not what your purchasing... they won’t have elastic at the legs, are (mostly) paper thin, and are not cut for diapers.

With woman’s bodysuits the sizing will generally be too small for the broader shoulders of males. Regardless of what size you order...

Last edited:
I thought being an AB couldn't get much better until I brought my first onesie and AB diapers last week. I was wrong. I'm much more a baby, it's a must have.

Back