On the ethics of bonking animal people

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little

I recently watched this video essay and I wanted to know if any other furries did or if they had any thoughts on it. I personally liked it a lot and I've been thinking about it for a while. I know it's odd to make a first post and not explain any of them but I'm very tired and want to at least get the conversation started in hopes that someone else has thoughts about it.

Reactions: Cottontail
Super funny video. The sexy side of being a furry isn't something I've thought about much, to be honest, although it's hard to log into FA and not feel like a minority in that regard, heh. (I've got my own kinks though, so... no judgment!) I think the author makes some compelling arguments, and I don't exactly disagree with anything said, but I think her point of view might be rather exclusive. Do most furries consider themselves to be animals trapped in human bodies? Species dysphoria? In the interest of my own inclusion I've tended to favor a rather permissive definition of "furry," but I'm getting that there are people who'd probably say I'm not one. I'm not offended, and I don't think that was an intended takeaway, it's just a feeling I'm left with after watching this. Regardless, it was very entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halibut
I don't think many furries see themselves as animals in human bodies, I always thought that was more of an otherkin thing. but I don't think patricia was trying to say that about anyone other then herself.... though I certainly wish I was small cute and fluffy and I think about it every night.

also, anyone who goes on FA, has furry avatar picture, and a name like cottontail is onviously a furry. but there is something to be said about the split in the fandom, I watched an other youtuber who showed that there wasn't a ton of overlap between the sexual.and nonsexual furries when it came to twitter followings but that could be due to other factors. still it eas nice for someone like me to see the "small vocal minority" defense bashed.

I really liked her ultimate conclusion that furry art was about human outcasts who look like animals. I was drawn in by the sensory and especialy the symbolic... big cute animal creatures just come off as more "adult child friendly" to me than actual humans and especialy the athstetics of bdsm. and for the autism part, she uses the word in a pretty vague way, I think the word "outcast" might have been better at certain points. ultimatly diapers are pretty "autistic" as in the type of autistic thats synonmous with those cringe compliation.videos... and that is definitly the main reason I'm a furry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rusher and Cottontail
Halibut said:
also, anyone who goes on FA, has furry avatar picture, and a name like cottontail is onviously a furry.
Ha ha, well, thanks for that. :) Again, I didn't leave feeling offended. Ultimately, "furry" is a term I'm applying to a thing, and the term can be wrong without that thing ceasing to exist. That said, I'm generally a fan of loose definitions because they foster a sense of community. The tighter the definitions become, the more possessive people become of them, and that just starts fights and ruins everything. Patricia at one point mentioned needing a "robust definition" of furry and seemed to be about to provide one, but then got into critiquing Zootopia and never explicitly circled back. I guess that sort of left me trying to extrapolate a definition from her own example--which was, again, articulated in a very entertaining way. Even if I disagreed, I'd say it was worth watching.

Halibut said:
still it eas nice for someone like me to see the "small vocal minority" defense bashed.
Right. I think it's pretty obvious, when you look at what content is being produced, that the sexual side of the fandom is very... uh... "healthy." :) The same goes for ABDL, really. It sort of reminds me of the "dark matter" theory of the cosmos. Feel free to argue that dark matter doesn't exist because it refuses to be directly observed, but its influences over what we can observe are so apparent that we pretty much know it exists, and further, that it's extremely prevalent.

Halibut said:
I really liked her ultimate conclusion that furry art was about human outcasts who look like animals. I was drawn in by the sensory and especialy the symbolic... big cute animal creatures just come off as more "adult child friendly" to me than actual humans and especialy the athstetics of bdsm. and for the autism part, she uses the word in a pretty vague way, I think the word "outcast" might have been better at certain points. ultimatly diapers are pretty "autistic" as in the type of autistic thats synonmous with those cringe compliation.videos... and that is definitly the main reason I'm a furry.
The recurring "autistic" references were interesting to me. I'm not sure I quite embraced the argument that furry is somehow inherently autistic, although to be clear I'm not disagreeing either. I can certainly imagine why, as a form of personal expression and social interaction, furry would appeal to autistics. (But also, it's totally possible that I'm on the spectrum and don't know it!)

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what else to say or think really but I still appreciate you sharing your thoughts on it too

I haven't really read this stuff out up above (the comments)...to base my current comment off of.
But to be "virgin" with this question or topic and answer this old question: I guess it's usually pushed to reflect relationships and sexuality with the characters to reflect the going norms or genre they directed the audience at.
I have a feeling there is some kind of protocol for cartoons to reflect the majority mindset. Any diversion is frowned upon one way or the other just being stuck as a human. Yet I'm sure there are channels that can indulge the focused upon audiences with whatever subject matter the channel is doing their Jist on. Blah blah blah.
He has the potential for interesting hairdos, though.:unsure:, :coffee:

Back