On Telling Someone You Wear/Need/Use Diapers

IWannawear said:
I've Tylenol and Torodol, when that started wearing off they slapped on a 5% lidocaine patch and sent me home.... back is slowly getting better, have a numb area on thigh and groin that varies from baseball that handprint size (my XL paw hand sized), depending on how active I am...

Have had more leakage at night, only waking once the past few nights to go pee, often already wet when I do. Little bit ago I slipped on a slick spot in the kitchen, twisted and spiked the pain, sat down quickly at my desk, dudnt feel myself going, but felt that warm wet feeling spreading. A few minutes later went to use the bathroom, dribbled a little, and changed a soaked pad...

Pretty sure I've put a pinced nerve or nerves, hoping I can get to the chirp and get things adjusted before it does permeates damage, but, due to covid, they won't see me until Dec 4th (10 days after I tested negative)...
*****If you've had any new or recent onset of "saddle anesthesia" (numbness in any area that would be in contact with the saddle if you were on a horse) it's usually considered an emergency and should be evaluated right away, even more so if there's loss of bladder control or bowel control along with the numbness.*****

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
i had a very good friend for almost 5 years. Over time we became closer. We cycled and played tennis almost every weekend (I joined an indoor tennis club). One night when we were at a restaurant with friends. She kept asking me (privately) how I never'd been at a bathroom. Uh oh...whoops. I didn't want to tell her that I was IC. But she kept asking me. Then she asked me if I was wearing a diaper. I finally had to admit that yes, I was incontinent. Surprisingly, she was extremely empathetic. Now she is my partner for almost a year. We do other things too including kayaking and golf. She loves to see me play softball games. Never thought I get a girlfriend like her.
That’s a nice story about the woman you were friends with not being upset about you wearing a diaper. I have overactive bladder, so it’s troublesome. I wear a diaper at night. I tried to avoid it during the day. But it only made me nervous having to dash off to the bathroom. I had a lot of accidents and had wet pants Out in public

So I started wearing a premium diaper during the day. Much less stressful and less worrisome. Didn’t have to limit my intake of drinking seltzer or water, etc. It’s pretty easy to conceal even a thick diaper like better dry or Northshore. I wear a pair of underwear or plastic pants over the diaper. I don’t tell a lot of people about my overactive bladder and having to wear a diapers, some of my close friends know of course. Years ago I have dated acute little redhead that told me about having to do Keagle exercises and that she needed to wear a diaper. That was early before I had the overactive bladder diagnosed, but did have some bladder problems, but not too bad at that point as that was over 25 years ago. I recently met the same girl I dated years ago, we started hanging out again. I’m not sure if she still wears diapers, but she doesn’t drink that much when we are out together and goes to the bathroom frequently. We went to a airshow together, we were seeing the planes do all these fancy things . It was a long time we were there so before I met up with her, I put on a North Shore mega max diaper plastic pants. I had bent down to pick something up when we were near the car and I guess my T-shirt wasn’t covering and she saw my diaper and plastic pants. She asked about it, if I was wearing a diaper. I told her yes and explained about having an overactive bladder for several years. She was very nice about it. We continue to spend time together and I am not shy about wearing a diaper when we’re together I told her that it might be helpful for her since she told me years ago that she had a problem with her bladder and was wearing a diaper at times we were together . She had told me when we went to the city that she stopped at her father’s law office because she had to change her diaper . I think now she just uses those incontinence pads. But I told her that it seems like it might be good for to try using a premium diaper as she still limits her intake of fluids and gets thirsty and frustrated at times. So I’ll see if she wants to , try using one of the premium diapers like better dry or Northshore at some point. Since I’m wearing a diaper when we’re together I certainly wouldn’t mind her wearing one also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
*****If you've had any new or recent onset of "saddle anesthesia" (numbness in any area that would be in contact with the saddle if you were on a horse) it's usually considered an emergency and should be evaluated right away, even more so if there's loss of bladder control or bowel control along with the numbness.*****
Yeah, had it some at the ER, and told the doc. CT scan showed no bone or disc damage, he diag'd a 'pissed off muscle'. Have appt with PCM Monday to go over everything. Started laying on a tennis ball yesterday midday, and rolling it around the lower back, first time felt things move and it's felt better since, not normal but better.. Each time I use it seems to help a little more.

Overnight last night I slept considerably better, woke at 1:30 and 3:30 needing to pee (so definitely feeling things more), was relaxed and comfy, didnt want to get up, so just let it go and went back to sleep before I was even done. Up at 4:00 to poo and change out of wet pullup. Somewhere around 5:00 I woke up warm and wet again, then solidly back to sleep until 7:30 wet again on my way to the bathroom, was soaked again so changed again. Best night sleep in 2 weeks...

Gotta say, for just the Tena overnight pullup, and 2 Tena mens overnight pads, it works pretty well, no leaks, no smell. Just wish the pullups didn't look like the cheap ones... ordered Northshore's overnight pullups yesterday (tax and shipping added 1/2 again to price), in pics the look like 'regular underwear", don't appear to have the spiderwebby waist mesh.. will see soon.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Typically I don't share my very private and personal medical IC issues. Of course I've been "outed" but I don't discus anything with the "outer" person except to tell them my "medical issues are private." But in a rare conversation where I might discus it, beyond doctors and medical people, I have admitted the fact that I'm IC. And that I wear a diaper.

I have a colleague (I'm a teacher and a guidance counselor) who wears a diaper in school. He tells anyone that, yes, he wears a diaper and simply laughs it off (prostate surgery ). Everyone in school loves him including other teachers and other students. We've had a few conversations and over time, I've finally told him that I wear a diaper (medical incontinence) just like him. He said he had know idea. He suggested that if anyone noticed and commented on about wearing a diaper is to use humor. I told him I prefer to stay on the down-low. He respects my position regardless.

Most IC people prefer to not share their medical issues. Especially about incontinence and being diaper dependent. Obviously men and women who are IC, they need to tell a partner or when if's necessary. As long as they know and needed to keep our private issues personal.

• Love
Reactions: Pino, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Just this Tuesday I was speaking with a longtime out-of-state dear friend on the phone and we got to talking about movies and I shared that we had seen Killers of the Flower Moon the night previous. His first reaction was that he wasn’t going to see
it in the theatre BECAUSE of inevitable need to go out to the bathroom. Of course he asked if I had to get up and go out and I seized the moment and told him I wore an adult diaper. There was a pause and then he let out an exasperated high-pitched “Really?????” I told him that I need them at times and frequently wear “ just in case”.
Thankfully he didn’t probe although he is an inquisitive man and I’m certain he is curious BUT he is kind and respectful and backing off because I have had a doozy of a year medically/physically-wide. Eventually I will share with him my DL self.

my parents know i am nappy dependent, the only other person i told is my sister, she is 2 years older than me, when i told he i was about 24 years old and not earning a lot, she offered to help pay for them , luckily the health service were providing them but we are still very close

carrielg said:
my parents know i am nappy dependent, the only other person i told is my sister, she is 2 years older than me, when i told he i was about 24 years old and not earning a lot, she offered to help pay for them , luckily the health service were providing them but we are still very close
That was a kind juster from your sister! She is clearly a sweetheart!

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Edgewater said:
That was a kind juster from your sister! She is clearly a sweetheart!
she was the first person i told , i find her very easy to talk to, we share a lot and she is probably the person who knows me best

• Love
carrielg said:
she was the first person i told , i find her very easy to talk to, we share a lot and she is probably the person who knows me best
That’s nice that your sister was accepting and you got to talk to her about it. The first person I actually told was a girl I used to date a cute little redhead named Jennifer. We went to a airshow that lasted a lot of the day. I was wearing a thick, diaper and plastic pants. I had bent over to pick something up and she clearly saw the diaper riding up out of my shorts. I forgotten that the. Dry 24/7 Diaper. (sadly now out of business.) had a thick big waistband. I explained to her I had an overactive bladder problem. She was very polite and nice about it. She asked if I need to or use the diaper for making turd in. I told her no, but that wasn’t exactly true. there had been times when it’s late at night and I wasn’t near a bathroom out somewhere and I would just end up using my diaper. Sometimes in the morning too when I get busy around the house I guess my bladder is active and everything starts to move. So I end up making a morning turd or a few morning turds in my diaper, Jennifer was the girl I dated years before who was doing Keagle exercises and told me that she was wearing a diaper or had to wear a diaper. In fact I had been walking back from having dinner with her at her parents house (to her bedroom )and a few times I heard a crinkling sound and asked her what it was. She said it was nothing. But then she told me about having to wear a diaper. she let me see her diaper in her bedroom Then she would wear one when we went out to New York City and stopped at her father’s office to change her diaper. She was definitely more accepting when I told her about my overactive bladder problem. It was bothering me when we dated but I didn’t get that bad at that point.

Last edited:
prg333 said:
That’s nice that your sister was accepting and you got to talk to her about it. The first person I actually told was a girl I used to date a cute little redhead named Jennifer. We went to a airshow that lasted a lot of the day. I was wearing a thick, diaper and plastic pants. I had bent over to pick something up and she clearly saw the diaper riding up out of my shorts. I forgotten that the. Dry 24/7 Diaper. (sadly now out of business.) had a thick big waistband. I explained to her I had an overactive bladder problem. She was very polite and nice about it. She asked if I need to or use the diaper for making turd in. I told her no, but that wasn’t exactly true. there had been times when it’s late at night and I wasn’t near a bathroom out somewhere and I would just end up using my diaper. Sometimes in the morning too when I get busy around the house I guess my bladder is active and everything starts to move. So I end up making a morning turd or a few morning turds in my diaper, Jennifer was the girl I dated years before who was doing Keagle exercises and told me that she was wearing a diaper or had to wear a diaper. In fact I had been walking back from having dinner with her at her parents house (to her bedroom )and a few times I heard a crinkling sound and asked her what it was. She said it was nothing. But then she told me about having to wear a diaper. she let me see her diaper in her bedroom Then she would wear one when we went out to New York City and stopped at her father’s office to change her diaper. She was definitely more accepting when I told her about my overactive bladder problem. It was bothering me when we dated but I didn’t get that bad at that point.
i have never had a relationship because of it, with that and other health issues its a lot for someone to take in and a bit of a "bomb" to drop on them

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Never underestimate Love. Far too often the real problem is one's lack of self-worth. When one can accept themself and Love themself, only then can they accept and be accepted by another.

This World has become a lonely place because so many have forgotten this simple reality!

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun
Back