Number 2 is kicking may ass today

Edgewater said:
Every now and then, I get a bit winey about by U-IC and you guys remind me just how luck I am! Yea, Type II is slowly eating away at me, but still just bits. The IC group here on ADISC is a great bunch, thanks to all of you!
Thanks to you, Edgewater, you and others here help me remember just how fortunate I am to be as healthy as I am. Like the fellow told me “Cheer up, things could be worse.” So I cheered up and sure enough, he was right, things got worse!

• Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun, L2Sci and Edgewater
My biggest fear happended 2 weeks ago while at my office job and I had diaherria with no warning.
Wasn't wearing any protection products. Soaked through pants to wheelchair. My ride was an hour away. Luckly had a change of clothes (shorts not work pants) to get out of bathroom to parking lot. So many looks on way out. A true nightmare.

This is what lead me to this forum. What products to start with, and support to know I am not alone.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, jdinvirginia, Zeke and 2 others
sledder23 said:
Pretty much how I handled it. Graceful exit from a job site without facilities, tried to get down the road to an RR, and was 10 minutes short of my destination. Couldn’t hold it, but it was contained, and just drove home to clean up. Was loose and messy so there was no cleaning up in the field today.

I can still see and still have all my limbs unlike relatives with this disease, so I’ll count myself fortunate.
Border line all the time in the 30 -135 range when tested but my A1C is Normally Okay so they just tell me to watch what I eat and check it every once in a while. But I do have gastroparesis and it is the most comen among diabetics. The vegas nerve gets damaged then the stomach stops emptying right. To be dead honest and not making light of those that have lost a limb or something due to diabetic complications. I would gladly saw a leg off myself If I could trade that for GP. I already gladly take the loose stool fecal IC from laxatives over the GP already. Don't get me wrong and I have no clue the hell with loosing a limb and I am sure it is no fun. But I have never suffered anything as bad and debilitating as GP. So You take care of yourself and try to keep it from doing more damage the best you can. Because GP is something that is Very real among diabetics. When I come into the ER throwing up and cant stop (sometimes as often as every 5 to 10 minutes when awake) I tell them I have GP and everyone of them the first thing they ask me is if I am diabetic. It is a somewhat rare disease, but about 70% of the people that get it are diabetic. They say about 40 men and 10 women out of 100,000 people have confirmed cases, so like .05% get it from what I have read. Now they have a lot of people that have GP like symptoms in the US, as much as 4% of the population they claim, but most of those are having a bad reaction to smoking pot. It does slow the digestive system bad. So having Diabetes is not saying you will get GP as it is still pretty rare. But most people even diabetics have zero clue what Gastricparesis is. So I am telling you not to scare but to make sure you are aware. I am always down for a PM if you ever want to talk about GP, incontinence or life in general.

Also in my go back I keep spare diapers, adult large wet wipes assurance brand and you can buy at walmart. I also carry the blue disposable chux pads or bed pads often called, gloves & a good perineal cleaner & disposal bags sented from NorthShore. I keep a Shook in the top pocket of my bag so I can hang it up on bathroom doors missing a hanger. I find the easiest way without a shower is one to trhy and wipe as much I can off with the diaper after I un-tape it. I nevre just pull them down I always un-tape the dirty ones. Then I use the chuck pad as a large towel to wipe off. I use one end in my hand absorb side up and going up my arm towards armpit. I wipe me a handful and fold it up inside its self just rolling the pad up until I have all clean pad and the poop folded into the pad holding it in my hand and then wipe again. Most of the time I can get it all with one chux pad and then spray the cleaner on my skin and use my wipes to get the rest. If it is still bad I will use a second chux pad. Sometimes I will poor or spray the perineal cleaner onto the second chuck pad and use it like a giant wet wipe. Then If I do I never have to use but one wet wipe after. The Assurance incontinent washcloths are huge and thick. I will leave a link below for them. They are more than baby wipes but they are 2 or 3 x bigger. I then fold all of this stuff up and roll it inside the diaper. I can never get my mega max tabs to stick when I roll them up so I tie them in a knot. Then if I am in public places I sometimes use a disposal bag if I do I slide the tied diaper in and tie it up. I do not always wear latex gloves but if it is a place I do not have soap and water for sure. This may sound rough but I can Normally clean up a good size mess with one chux pad one or two wipes. Those pads are not that expensive and it is not like I change shit diapers 3 times a day so they last a while. You can normally find good deals on a 50 - 100 of them on Amazon. Best wishes I hope this helps you or someone here having the same issues.

Of course if I am just a few miles from home I will set in it until I get home. But for the most part I try to get out of them as fast as possible.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and jdinvirginia
Oh my God I have to go clean up again. I do't remember eating this much

• Sad
Reactions: AttilaThePun
WOW this is the first time I had 4 big accidents in one day. I just finished cleaning up the 4 the time. I sat on the toilet and went 3 times on top of this. This is so beyond what one person can handle. Tomorrow I have a hour car trip to make and thursday a 3 your. I might have to stop off and stock up on wi[pes before I head out.

• Wow
Wow, four accidents in one day is really rough. I'm bowel incontinent but my worst day was three accidents. Good luck.

Diaperman95 said:
WOW this is the first time I had 4 big accidents in one day. I just finished cleaning up the 4 the time. I sat on the toilet and went 3 times on top of this. This is so beyond what one person can handle. Tomorrow I have a hour car trip to make and thursday a 3 your. I might have to stop off and stock up on wi[pes before I head out.
Krazy Glue, a cork, and some duct tape should help. Joking, of course, but my mother had Crohn's disease and used to say some days she wished she had those 3 items.

• Haha
Reactions: slimjiminy
Back