NRU (UK) Shipping - Are Packages Discreet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalGeometry

Rock & Stone!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hi Everyone.
Next week I am going to be doing my first order from NRU (excited!!!). However, since I have not ordered from them before I am unsure about how discreet their packaging is.
This is extremely important to me as I am currently attending a University that does not deliver packages to specific students. Rather, all deliveries go to a central post office type building, and students are then required to collect them in person.

Would anyone be able to tell me about their experiences with the packaging used by NRU in the UK , or better yet be able to supply images of what the packaging may look like? I am not ordering much, just a 2-pack of tykables cammies in pink, a 2-pack of diaper stuffers, a pink pacifier, and some scented diaper bags. If the packaging is nondescript, to what extent will it fly under the radar? Is it at all obvious that there are diapers inside, or even just pink or babyish things? Again, images of NRU packaging are much appreciated.

Thank you everyone for the help!

PS. If the packaging is not discreet enough for my purposes, I would likely end up with no real options in terms of delivery. If this is the case, is there anyone here that lives in North Leicestershire, South Nottinghamshire, South Derbyshire, or perhaps Rutland who I might be able to order to that then might be able to bring the items to me? I know this would be a big ask and thus is only a last resort, but I would be more than happy to heartily compensate anyone who would be willing to do this for me. If that might be you, PM me. Thanks again.

Reactions: paul484819
If you're just getting a couple of sample packs they'll likely come in a grey post bag which will be completely unidentifiable. NRU are excellent when it comes to being discreet

leicesterfan said:
If you're just getting a couple of sample packs they'll likely come in a grey post bag which will be completely unidentifiable. NRU are excellent when it comes to being discreet
Do you have any images of NRU packaging? Or maybe you could find an image on google of the sort of thing you mean?
Also do you know what's on the label?
Thanks.

When you order one pack of nappies off them, the pack is shrink wrapped in thick grey plastic. Although it’s the same size and shape as the nappies you can’t see what’s inside, although if you pushed or squeezed it you can tell it’s something soft inside. I order mine from NRU via eBay then you can do click and collect

Why would it not be discrete? The abdl companies aren't going to be around long of it isnt.

NRU use thick grey plastic as above for smaller orders or cases come in a brown cardboard box. No I have never taken photos of the packages. Any abdl or medical store I've ordered products from in the UK or Europe over many years has always been discrete.

Only Amazon runs the risk of not being discrete.

Hi I order 4 packs at the same time comes in plain box no description on them.

Completely discreet. I order from there a lot as they seem to be better at having stock of Tena nappies I like.

Has anyone tried their Tinimals nappy? I am thinking of adding them to my order this week.

Reactions: paul484819
ABDLENG said:
Completely discreet. I order from there a lot as they seem to be better at having stock of Tena nappies I like.

Has anyone tried their Tinimals nappy? I am thinking of adding them to my order this week.
Hi got pack of those in box i ordered a few's days ago but still going through my rears caboose at the moment, let you know if no more reply's.

Reactions: ABDLENG
Yep, discreet well-packed box for larger orders, or if it’s just a couple of packs of nappies they are very securely shrink-wrapped in a heavy-duty grey plastic. No branding and the relatively small labelling is black and white with just the necessary addresses and barcodes or QR codes for tracking. I think the return address/sender may possibly say ‘Incoshop’ as the business name but it’s very small and discreet in a plain sans-serif font the same size as the reminder of the address.

They tend to use DPD so tracking on the app is really good with accurate real-time delivery info and you could divert the delivery to a local pickup point - I have done this on a couple of occasions when I didn’t want a larger order to end-up with the neighbours when I knew I would be out.

Enjoy the nappies!

ABDLENG said:
I have a pack.

They’re okay, not at soft as the ABU Little Kings but they fit as well as they other nappies in the Tykables disposable range and are very absorbent.
I’ve had no issues with leaks/weeping (although I wear plastic pants and don’t actually mind a little moisture) so I’d recommend you give them a try.

No, they’re not discreet.

They come in transparent packaging with a big nappy-shaped label on with the words “the recipient of this package is a big-baby who likes to wear nappies.”

Just kidding!

No, they are discreet.

A single pack will come in grey wrapping with no clue as to the contents or the sender on the label, and 2 + packages will come in a cardboard box. Again, no reference to nappies or incontinence on the label and no clue as to the contents.

Highly recommended.

Reactions: badger50, dyperbole, paul484819 and 1 other person
PCS said:
No, they’re not discreet.

They come in transparent packaging with a big nappy-shaped label on with the words “the recipient of this package is a big-baby who likes to wear nappies.”

Just kidding!

No, they are discreet.

A single pack will come in grey wrapping with no clue as to the contents or the sender on the label, and 2 + packages will come in a cardboard box. Again, no reference to nappies or incontinence on the label and no clue as to the contents.

Highly recommended.
Thanks for the reply. However I did have a mini heart-attack on reading the start of that. Just to confirm, does NRU use discreet packaging or not?

DLmikey said:
Yep, discreet well-packed box for larger orders, or if it’s just a couple of packs of nappies they are very securely shrink-wrapped in a heavy-duty grey plastic. No branding and the relatively small labelling is black and white with just the necessary addresses and barcodes or QR codes for tracking. I think the return address/sender may possibly say ‘Incoshop’ as the business name but it’s very small and discreet in a plain sans-serif font the same size as the reminder of the address.

They tend to use DPD so tracking on the app is really good with accurate real-time delivery info and you could divert the delivery to a local pickup point - I have done this on a couple of occasions when I didn’t want a larger order to end-up with the neighbours when I knew I would be out.

Enjoy the nappies!
With the DPD tracking, do you mean to say that I can divert the delivery elsewhere? As in I might be able to have it delivered to, say for example, a car park that I could wait in? I'd like to avoid having to use the Campus mailroom if I can.

DLmikey said:

Enjoy the nappies!
THIS IS AMAZING! I never new DPD had an app but now I'll look to use DPD whenever it's available. I've set it to automatically deliver my parcels to a pickup point I've selected, and the pickup point is only a two minute walk away from me in an area of town I know very well. I literally could not ask for more (and that's a proper literally not a teenage Essex girl literally).

This information is fantastic. Thank you so much. You've genuinely just saved me so much stress and worry!

FatalGeometry said:
Thanks for the reply. However I did have a mini heart-attack on reading the start of that. Just to confirm, does NRU use discreet packaging or not?
Sorry!

They are discreet. I can confirm from many many purchases that a single pack will come in grey wrapping with no clue as to the contents or the sender on the label, and 2 + packages will come in a cardboard box.

Again, no reference to nappies or incontinence on the label and no clue as to the contents.

Highly recommended.

FatalGeometry said:
With the DPD tracking, do you mean to say that I can divert the delivery elsewhere? As in I might be able to have it delivered to, say for example, a car park that I could wait in? I'd like to avoid having to use the Campus mailroom if I can.
with DPD you can get it delivered to a collection shop etc but not to just a public space like a car park.

I've used NRU for years. Always wrapped in thick grey plastic packaging. Nothing on the outside says what the contents is.
I've sent then to a local pickup place numerous times as well and no one has ever said anything or given me any funny looks. They're well wrapped too and hard to get into without scissors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperon
Very grateful for this thread as I've had similar concerns. Just set up my DPD app and set it to deliver straight to a pickup point. I'm guessing that when I order on NRU and put in my email at checkout it will automatically link to my DPD account? Or will I need to manually link the order to my DPD app somehow so I can get it diverted to the pickup point?

Yews said:
Very grateful for this thread as I've had similar concerns. Just set up my DPD app and set it to deliver straight to a pickup point. I'm guessing that when I order on NRU and put in my email at checkout it will automatically link to my DPD account? Or will I need to manually link the order to my DPD app somehow so I can get it diverted to the pickup point?
From the NRU web site.

DPD Pickup Shop​

For many locations, it's possible to have your order shipped to a DPD Pickup Shop. To do this you must initially checkout with your home address as your delivery address. Once your order has been dispatched you'll be able to track the delivery on the DPD website and via the 'Your DPD' app. From here you can specify a pickup shop location. Requesting a DPD Pickup Shop isn't guarantee and can only be requested by the customer after dispatch. Redirecting your parcel to a pickup location can increase the delivery time by an additional 24 hours. Please check the DPD website for further details.

Please Note: We cannot ship to DHL Parcel Shop or Royal Mail Post Office locations as these locations are managed by different shipping companies.

If you're overly worried then you can order from nru via eBay which allows you to get them delivered to your nearest Argos store 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back