Nostalgic sounds

Angelapinks said:
Yay Banana Splits I loved that show with all it's craziness.
Me too i loved the "Arabian nights cartoon" i used to copy "Bez the beast" id look at my willy and shout "size of an elephant!" but alas...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks and PaigeCherubiel
1) The name of the '80's UK girl group "Bananarama" is partially based on The Banana Splits
2) At the time, it was rumored that the actors were The Monkees, with Snorky being unable to talk to conceal Davy Jones' accent. But it was obvious that the voices were overdubs done by Hanna-Barbara voice actors. :geek:

Reactions: michaelmc
There's a lot but the one responding right now is the sound of a wood fire. We have a wood candle burning that sounds like a fireplace. When it was chilly out close to Christmas, mom would ask Dad to put the fireplace on. Was a special time.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and michaelmc
PaddedMewtwo said:
For me it has to be the call of a wood pigeon.
Similarly, one of mine would be the call of a mourning dove. As a kid in the 80s, I used to spend summers with relatives in Menlo Park, just outside of San Francisco, and mourning doves were very common there. Hearing them instantly recalls those summers.

Another would be certain wind chimes. My mom still lives in the house I grew up in, and the same chimes have been hanging by the front porch for about 40 years. When I'm visiting, and when there's enough of a breeze to set them chiming, the sound really takes me back to my childhood.

Last edited:
  • Love
PaigeCherubiel said:
Some of the "Easy Listening" music my parents listened to on the car radio in the 1960's. I'm still a Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass fan. :geek:
that'z so cool..the sound of them somehow reminds me of dudes in polyester suits dancing...doing the "twist" or just trying to act "cool" with a drink and a cigarette in their hands..those were the days, huh?..having said that, I really do like them and there are some fun, festive and free memories at the some of the beaches in the SF bay area...thanx Angel...:)

• Love
Back