Northshore new product November! :DDD

Slomo said:
Most cases are about 2.5 to 3ft cubed. Give or take. They tend to weigh about 40-50 pounds too. They are cumbersome, and a little heavy. You might be ok lugging a case for 3 blocks, but only so long as you are moderately fit and healthy.

For heavy or cumbersome loads like this I sometimes like to rig up a back sling. Just take a rope, strap, or whatever that is about 6-8 feet long. Fasten it into a loop, and sling it over one shoulder. The hard part is also slinging it over the box and positioning the sling so it cradles the box against your back. Once you've got it though, you have a makeshift backpack and can lug it around, maybe four times as far as normally carrying it. It takes a little practice getting it to work though.

Alternatively if you can borrow a dolly from maintenance or the post office, or even a bicycle from a friend, you can balance the box and roll it along with you. (it helps if you offer collateral such as your ID in exchange)

1 box weighs 20 lbs.

NorthShoreAdam said:
1 box weighs 20 lbs.

Is that for a full case? I had Crinklz in mind, and it sure seems to me that even just one bag weighs more than just 5 pounds. More like 10, so then wouldn't a case of 4 bags be upwards of 40 pounds? I could be wrong though. Never did try putting them on a scale.

Slomo said:
Is that for a full case? I had Crinklz in mind, and it sure seems to me that even just one bag weighs more than just 5 pounds. More like 10, so then wouldn't a case of 4 bags be upwards of 40 pounds? I could be wrong though. Never did try putting them on a scale.

Yes, full case of MegaMax which is 4 bags of 10. Please note that Crinklz/BetterDry are in bags of 15 so the cases are much heavier.

I have tried to free sample and must say WOW these tapes are so good, just the tapes alone sell this product and highly recommend to anybody to asks me about briefs. The prices seems quite fair as well for what you get, would be nice of size small got a little price adjustment but still great pricing as is. These will be my new favorites, previous favorite brief for night time was Crinklz because their tapes really SUCK and iffy to trust and their plastic is little on the weak side. I am wearing size small and with a 29" waist it fits very snug without squeezing me too tightly, very great fit.

I love the small supremes and debating to use them as daytime and this as nighttime, or the reverse because these are VERY QUIET and don't seem like they sacrifice much mobility while offering the most enduring backing and tapes for active users! Opinions would be nice here. I will be looking forward to ordering a case in the future once most of my current supply is used up.

Also, I know it is probably silly for wetness indicators on a product like this but is there any considerations for such feature? Thanks!

kraken98 said:
I have tried to free sample and must say WOW these tapes are so good, just the tapes alone sell this product and highly recommend to anybody to asks me about briefs. The prices seems quite fair as well for what you get, would be nice of size small got a little price adjustment but still great pricing as is. These will be my new favorites, previous favorite brief for night time was Crinklz because their tapes really SUCK and iffy to trust and their plastic is little on the weak side. I am wearing size small and with a 29" waist it fits very snug without squeezing me too tightly, very great fit.

I love the small supremes and debating to use them as daytime and this as nighttime, or the reverse because these are VERY QUIET and don't seem like they sacrifice much mobility while offering the most enduring backing and tapes for active users! Opinions would be nice here. I will be looking forward to ordering a case in the future once most of my current supply is used up.

Also, I know it is probably silly for wetness indicators on a product like this but is there any considerations for such feature? Thanks!

When would you want to use wetness indicator on MegaMax?

NorthShoreAdam said:
When would you want to use wetness indicator on MegaMax?

Maybe when it's a cute design or image that is invisible when dry and appears when it gets wet. You know, just to show off.

Slomo said:

Depends on the weight of the diaper, (megamax are pretty light) AND on diapers per case. Up until a few years ago, a "case" was 60-80 diapers. Lots of places have since gone to 30-48 diapers per "case"

ABUniverse OTOH has stuck with 80 diaper cases for quite some time.

Some of that is "shrinkflation", and some of it is just what the sizes have always been for some models.

bambinod said:
Depends on the weight of the diaper, (megamax are pretty light) AND on diapers per case. Up until a few years ago, a "case" was 60-80 diapers. Lots of places have since gone to 30-48 diapers per "case"

ABUniverse OTOH has stuck with 80 diaper cases for quite some time.

Some of that is "shrinkflation", and some of it is just what the sizes have always been for some models.

The 80 count cases are just too massive for heavy absorbency diapers. We had many complaints from customers struggling to handle them and also from our own warehouse staff. Honestly, they are just too large and bulky to lift safely for most people. The last thing we want to do is throw people's backs out. Some factories still ship to us in these large boxes, but we now always open them up and ship in more manageable quantities.

So I’m wearing one of the samples I got and I’m actually very impressed. I tried other north shore products and this is probably the most comfortable fitting one. When I took it out today I was worried by how thick it was and how crinkly it was compared to what I normally wear. Under a onsie, boxers, and jeans you can hear or see a thing. I’m definitely impressed.

NorthShoreAdam said:
The 80 count cases are just too massive for heavy absorbency diapers. We had many complaints from customers struggling to handle them and also from our own warehouse staff. Honestly, they are just too large and bulky to lift safely for most people. The last thing we want to do is throw people's backs out. Some factories still ship to us in these large boxes, but we now always open them up and ship in more manageable quantities.

The front panel is amazing on the megamax and is like 200x better than second chance tapes. Do you think there might be any chance with front panels for other lineups you guys offer, specifically the supremes? Thanks

kraken98 said:
The front panel is amazing on the megamax and is like 200x better than second chance tapes. Do you think there might be any chance with front panels for other lineups you guys offer, specifically the supremes? Thanks

Adding landing zone to Supreme or Supreme Lite series is not planned at this time. There are a lot of people that don't like the extra crinkle or thickness the landing zone may have and so we prefer to have an option for everyone instead of picking only one way or the other.

kraken98 said:

In general, I've had better luck with taping panels. However, I find the second chance tapes on Supremes to be better than average and more than adequate.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Adding landing zone to Supreme or Supreme Lite series is not planned at this time. There are a lot of people that don't like the extra crinkle or thickness the landing zone may have and so we prefer to have an option for everyone instead of picking only one way or the other.
That's kinda sad. I fear that I might like the frontal landing zone of the Megamax, although the rest of it will probably be too much.

I am trying the Northshore MegaMax samples now. They were recommended to me by an Incontinence consultant my wife has hired to solve my bedwetting problem. The consultant is in the business of designing and sewing bedwetting clothes for teens and adults. When she met with my wife and I she told me I only needed three things; a good diaper, a good plastic panty, and a good onesie to prevent the diaper from sliding down. She loaned us the items and showed me how to put them on and they were very comfortable. Unfortunately,
they were made for her daughter and she and my wife laughed at me when I protested that they were girls clothes. Both said I looked very cute and took a picture of me. The bottom of the onesie is a frilly dress, but she said she would modify the new one to look like a men's onesie with a straight cut without the frills. I wet the diaper last night, but the bedding stayed dry so maybe this will work.

fastchange said:
I am trying the Northshore MegaMax samples now. They were recommended to me by an Incontinence consultant my wife has hired to solve my bedwetting problem. The consultant is in the business of designing and sewing bedwetting clothes for teens and adults. When she met with my wife and I she told me I only needed three things; a good diaper, a good plastic panty, and a good onesie to prevent the diaper from sliding down. She loaned us the items and showed me how to put them on and they were very comfortable. Unfortunately,
they were made for her daughter and she and my wife laughed at me when I protested that they were girls clothes. Both said I looked very cute and took a picture of me. The bottom of the onesie is a frilly dress, but she said she would modify the new one to look like a men's onesie with a straight cut without the frills. I wet the diaper last night, but the bedding stayed dry so maybe this will work.

We've had quite a few customers report that the no longer need the plastic pants or onesie with the MegaMax. They stay up remarkably well and are almost never leak.

Any plans for a size XL at some point?

serjohnclydesdale said:
Any plans for a size XL at some point?

Yes, just received prototypes and am testing them now. It's looking promising. Both taller and wider than current size Large which is difficult to do.

That is my current issue with the large, the front wings are not tall enough to get the fit I like. I've found that angling the lower tapes downward helps get a good fit/seal and I can't do that with the large due to the wings.

serjohnclydesdale said:
That is my current issue with the large, the front wings are not tall enough to get the fit I like. I've found that angling the lower tapes downward helps get a good fit/seal and I can't do that with the large due to the wings.

The landing zone on the large MegaMax is being extended closer to the edge of the wings on our next batch due to arrive around March 1st. Hope that will help a little.

That may help but I feel the wings need to be a bit taller as well to get the fit I want. For now I'll stick with using dry 24/7 from you which fits me well.

Back