Northshore new product November! :DDD

So i have a question: it seems that there could be a market for an XL size on the MegaMax with a waist range like your Supremes have. This seems like an all around contender for night users. Any chance this could happen soon? I certainly would be interested... Thanks!

mdogg said:
So i have a question: it seems that there could be a market for an XL size on the MegaMax with a waist range like your Supremes have. This seems like an all around contender for night users. Any chance this could happen soon? I certainly would be interested... Thanks!

Yes, we've been working on this. It seems likely to be available in 3 to 6 months timeframe. Should even be a little more roomy than the Supreme XL.

Adam,

That is awesome to hear! If the new size has the same amazing tapes, thick capacity, and sturdy white plastic outer cover (like folks say here), plus approaching the roominess of Dry 24/7's and being a more night friendly brief, you may have the perfect diaper!

Now, if only we could convince Northshore to SELL samples, in say, 3 or six packs, to really try all these out? Since I seem to be on the edge of sizing, it is hard to buy an entire pack of something first to find out it doesn't fit or wont work for my needs, which only amounts to nighttime and intermittently. I realize you guys give away samples, one at a time, but I believe I have exhausted my one time trial and now need to purchase (earlier single samples included trying a Wellness (ugh- too thin and ill fitting) and a Tranquility bariatric (HUUGE- couldn't even fasten it tight enough!).

With Dry 24/7's in size Large being the only one known to work with me, there is not a lot of options out there in a plastic backed nighttime capacity diaper. Cloth backed are useless in my opinion. Someone said here earlier, it takes more than one to really field test anything.

That said, I think you guys could make a killing off of a sample service since you cater to the incontinent community so well. My two cents.

Looking forward to 3-6 months from now! Thanks again for the reply and keeping in touch with the customers.

mdogg said:
Adam,

That is awesome to hear! If the new size has the same amazing tapes, thick capacity, and sturdy white plastic outer cover (like folks say here), plus approaching the roominess of Dry 24/7's and being a more night friendly brief, you may have the perfect diaper!

Now, if only we could convince Northshore to SELL samples, in say, 3 or six packs, to really try all these out? Since I seem to be on the edge of sizing, it is hard to buy an entire pack of something first to find out it doesn't fit or wont work for my needs, which only amounts to nighttime and intermittently. I realize you guys give away samples, one at a time, but I believe I have exhausted my one time trial and now need to purchase (earlier single samples included trying a Wellness (ugh- too thin and ill fitting) and a Tranquility bariatric (HUUGE- couldn't even fasten it tight enough!).

With Dry 24/7's in size Large being the only one known to work with me, there is not a lot of options out there in a plastic backed nighttime capacity diaper. Cloth backed are useless in my opinion. Someone said here earlier, it takes more than one to really field test anything.

That said, I think you guys could make a killing off of a sample service since you cater to the incontinent community so well. My two cents.

Looking forward to 3-6 months from now! Thanks again for the reply and keeping in touch with the customers.

I've thought a lot about selling samples as you suggest and so far I'm still against it. There are so many people that would be discouraged from trying products if we charged for samples. Many people spend way too much money trying lots of brands that don't work well for them and are hesitant to even spend a few bucks if they happen to find our site. I don't blame them for thinking that NorthShore products are likely no different than what they tried at retail. Without the samples being free, many people will continue to try to "get by" with retail brands, even though it means getting up once or twice a night and living in constant anxiety for leaks.

Almost all our sample packs have 2 diapers per pack, not one. Our customer service team is trained very well to be able to figure out if someone honestly wants to try out a product as opposed to someone just trolling for free diapers. We gets so many inquiries each day of both types that it doesn't take long to figure out which is which. If we feel the samples are being abused then we will limit someone. If we feel the need is honest, then we will send them...even if that means sending them a second time or sending two two-packs for someone that needs a little extra time for trial. It may take an extra call or chat with our team to help us understand the need, but we generally err on the side of the customer. We may get it wrong every once in a while, but if we do, we own up to our mistake and try to make it right. We have a pretty extensive database of all our sample requests so the computer helps our reps figure out if someone is trying to play games by changing name or having us send to their neighbors apartment number to make it look like a different person or any of a number of tricks we see all the time for people just wanting more free diapers. We're not a huge company that has a very strict policy. Our policy is to leave it at the discretion of our agents and treat people like people and help out in any way we can. Hope that helps explain how we view samples.

- - - Updated - - -

mdogg said:
Adam,

While it's going to take a few more months to bring the XL MegaMax to market...we will have the new and improved Large MegaMax available by the end of February. It will have stronger adhesive on landing zone, a 1 inch longer core, and an extended landing zone (closer to sides)...so there's a chance it may fit you the same as the Large Dry 24/7s with the extended landing zone.

Adam, speaking of retail market comparisons, has northshore attempted to enter any store chain markets to get on their shelves? Even just medical supply stores to begin with?

NorthShoreAdam said:
I've thought a lot about selling samples as you suggest and so far I'm still against it

What do you think about a minimum charge for a "sampler" - pick a size and get maybe 1 or 2 ea of a dozen different models? Maybe call it a "sampler variety pack"?

NorthShoreAdam said:
I've thought a lot about selling samples as you suggest and so far I'm still against it. There are so many people that would be discouraged from trying products if we charged for samples. Many people spend way too much money trying lots of brands that don't work well for them and are hesitant to even spend a few bucks if they happen to find our site. I don't blame them for thinking that NorthShore products are likely no different than what they tried at retail. Without the samples being free, many people will continue to try to "get by" with retail brands, even though it means getting up once or twice a night and living in constant anxiety for leaks.

Almost all our sample packs have 2 diapers per pack, not one. Our customer service team is trained very well to be able to figure out if someone honestly wants to try out a product as opposed to someone just trolling for free diapers. We gets so many inquiries each day of both types that it doesn't take long to figure out which is which. If we feel the samples are being abused then we will limit someone. If we feel the need is honest, then we will send them...even if that means sending them a second time or sending two two-packs for someone that needs a little extra time for trial. It may take an extra call or chat with our team to help us understand the need, but we generally err on the side of the customer. We may get it wrong every once in a while, but if we do, we own up to our mistake and try to make it right. We have a pretty extensive database of all our sample requests so the computer helps our reps figure out if someone is trying to play games by changing name or having us send to their neighbors apartment number to make it look like a different person or any of a number of tricks we see all the time for people just wanting more free diapers. We're not a huge company that has a very strict policy. Our policy is to leave it at the discretion of our agents and treat people like people and help out in any way we can. Hope that helps explain how we view samples.

- - - Updated - - -

While it's going to take a few more months to bring the XL MegaMax to market...we will have the new and improved Large MegaMax available by the end of February. It will have stronger adhesive on landing zone, a 1 inch longer core, and an extended landing zone (closer to sides)...so there's a chance it may fit you the same as the Large Dry 24/7s with the extended landing zone.

Stronger tapes.. dear lord the tape on this are monstrously strong. I have never worn a diaper with stronger tapes. Good to have a bigger core but lets face it the current model hold forever as it is so i cannot wait for the new model. Keep us posted of its release. The mega is my new day diaper and still use the supreme for night.

Keep u the good work.

redhawkpath said:
Stronger tapes.. dear lord the tape on this are monstrously strong. I have never worn a diaper with stronger tapes. Good to have a bigger core but lets face it the current model hold forever as it is so i cannot wait for the new model. Keep us posted of its release. The mega is my new day diaper and still use the supreme for night.

Stronger adhesive on the landing zone. Maybe people were having issues with the (super strong) tapes lifting the landing zone up off the shell when moving/removing the tapes?

I hope someday that more of Northshore products gets the front panel. The Megamax seems like it might be too bulky for my liking.

Slomo said:
Adam, speaking of retail market comparisons, has northshore attempted to enter any store chain markets to get on their shelves? Even just medical supply stores to begin with?

So far the only example of this is that you will find our NorthShore Baby Changing Pads in BuyBuyBaby stores and some Bed, Bath & Beyond stores. It's something we'll continue to evaluate as we go forward.

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible, but I also felt the adhesive on the landing zone could be improved and I didn't want to lessen the strength of adhesive on the tapes tabs at this point. We'll see what the feedback is with this version and go from there.

Adam,
thanks for the reply. Yes your team is awesome- I have chatted with them on occasion about my situation. I am needing for nighttime only and i seem to have an overactive bladder whenever I have a gout attack (go figure- exactly when I cant walk to the restroom..lol!). So my need is not even on a regular ongoing basis. Diapers are convenient when these attacks occur and it is hard enough to try and sleep....

I assure you it isn't for trolling purposes to get free stuff. i dont ever want ot abuse a good thing, but I just woruldnt need like a subscription service either. In fact I am suggesting some sort of way for the occasional user to buy and it would be totally a way to cover the extra expense of a sample (because that is not fair to a retailer to keep providing freebies like that). Plus the trolelrs could be pointed to "buy a sample first".

You are a godsend to keep helping us out in that regards! not a lot out there willing to do so.

I figure I am going to need to try a few out first for the very reason you say- I am tired of the leaky store brand standbys, the way too small leg openings, and the cloth ones that are seeping disasters most of the time (at least with me). If they don't have good waistbands front and back and a plastic backsheet, with my shape, its useless. Dry 24/7's work but lately they have been sagging, like their plastic has changed a bit. So i want to find its replacement as an option.

anyhoo, the "pay-sample" idea is just a suggestion. I can live with the 24/7's for now as needed, and when the XL comes out, I can ask the rep for a sample or two when I buy to expand my options.

PS- one more question I promise- any plans to try and get RearZ Inspire/Incontrol in your store? I was looking into that one as the dimensions for that in XL seem to be close to a dry 24/7 in L but not too sure. Testing online shows it to be a contender.

Thanks again!

Slomo said:

It would be amazing if stores like CVS would carry them. would be great for emergency situations.

mayhem said:
It would be amazing if stores like CVS would carry them. would be great for emergency situations.

The stores aren't so interested yet. It will take a lot more customers asking them to carry NorthShore brand before they show any interest. They see our products and taking up too much shelf space for their liking. That's part of the reason why the store brands are making thinner and thinner diapers and reducing the number of sizes. With retail stores getting smaller due to Amazon, there is less room in the drug stores allocated to each category and there's no way at this point they are going to take out Depend or Always in favor of NorthShore. Give us a few years more and things may change completely in that regard.

@NorthshoreAdam, I saw you posted about colored Supreme Lites. Any update on those yet?

I like the blue, and look forward to ordering them. I wish the purple was a lil more purple. I have some purple and gold sports gear that I'd love to have diapers to match.

My experience with Northshore has been top notch. I'm completely amazed how quickly my orders were delivered.

BobaFettish said:
@NorthshoreAdam, I saw you posted about colored Supreme Lites. Any update on those yet?

I like the blue, and look forward to ordering them. I wish the purple was a lil more purple. I have some purple and gold sports gear that I'd love to have diapers to match.

My experience with Northshore has been top notch. I'm completely amazed how quickly my orders were delivered.

Thanks for the kind words!

They are due in within the next few days. We'll have 1-pack samples of each color or a 3-pack sample with 1 of each color. The purple was the darkest we could find. It does appear darker at times...it really depends on the lighting.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Thanks for the kind words!

They are due in within the next few days. We'll have 1-pack samples of each color or a 3-pack sample with 1 of each color. The purple was the darkest we could find. It does appear darker at times...it really depends on the lighting.
Oooh how would we go about ordering some samples?

NorthShoreAdam said:
Yes, we've been working on this. It seems likely to be available in 3 to 6 months timeframe. Should even be a little more roomy than the Supreme XL.

I second that request for an XL megamax.

Thank you for all you do!

After hearing all the good things about these, they might be what I’m looking for. I was wondering what dimensions would the box be if I got the 40, the 4 10 pack deal (best value option)? I have to carry a box from my schools post office 3 blocks to get back to my dorm. Basically I want to know if the box of 40 going to be to cumbersome to carry multiple blocks.

ThePhotographer said:
After hearing all the good things about these, they might be what I’m looking for. I was wondering what dimensions would the box be if I got the 40, the 4 10 pack deal (best value option)? I have to carry a box from my schools post office 3 blocks to get back to my dorm. Basically I want to know if the box of 40 going to be to cumbersome to carry multiple blocks.

Most cases are about 2.5 to 3ft cubed. Give or take. They tend to weigh about 40-50 pounds too. They are cumbersome, and a little heavy. You might be ok lugging a case for 3 blocks, but only so long as you are moderately fit and healthy.

For heavy or cumbersome loads like this I sometimes like to rig up a back sling. Just take a rope, strap, or whatever that is about 6-8 feet long. Fasten it into a loop, and sling it over one shoulder. The hard part is also slinging it over the box and positioning the sling so it cradles the box against your back. Once you've got it though, you have a makeshift backpack and can lug it around, maybe four times as far as normally carrying it. It takes a little practice getting it to work though.

Alternatively if you can borrow a dolly from maintenance or the post office, or even a bicycle from a friend, you can balance the box and roll it along with you. (it helps if you offer collateral such as your ID in exchange)

Back