Norovirus

richieboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Just got hit with norovirus, it sucks and runs (excuse the pun) through a lot of diapers!

• Sad
Reactions: sport1 and Edgewater
richieboy said:
Just got hit with norovirus, it sucks and runs (excuse the pun) through a lot of diapers!
ugh that sucks
stay hydrated and away from others

Reactions: Edgewater and richieboy
Yeah, so sorry that happened to you. Norovirus is a rough ride.

Reactions: Edgewater and richieboy
SparkyDog said:
ugh that sucks
stay hydrated and away from others
Thanks i’ve just been hunting down neighbors I don’t like. Just kidding.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Raven801, Edgewater and 1 other person
dogboy said:
Yeah, so sorry that happened to you. Norovirus is a rough ride

Reactions: Edgewater
Best thing is it hits fast but leaves fast too. Feeling somewhat better now.

• Love
Reactions: Labrador, Edgewater and dogboy
WTF is Norovirus

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Edgewater
littleK1626 said:
WTF is Norovirus
It's a virus that causes pretty bad vomiting and diarrhea. The interesting thing is that you can get it from things like eating undercooked shellfish, but once people have it it's very contagious between people (including being spread within bathrooms). It can have an incubation period of a couple days so it's actually hard to tell what you got it from, too.

I guess it's one of the viruses that people end up calling "stomach flu" although it's not actually influenza. You may have had it at some point in your life but not realized what it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, richieboy and Edgewater
Bnuuy said:
It's a virus that causes pretty bad vomiting and diarrhea. The interesting thing is that you can get it from things like eating undercooked shellfish, but once people have it it's very contagious between people (including being spread within bathrooms). It can have an incubation period of a couple days so it's actually hard to tell what you got it from, too.

I guess it's one of the viruses that people end up calling "stomach flu" although it's not actually influenza. You may have had it at some point in your life but not realized what it was.

Sometimes confused with Food Poisoning.

Edgewater said:
Sometimes confused with Food Poisoning.
I think food poisoning is a sort of catch-all term for illnesses caused by improperly prepared/contaminated foods, so I believe norovirus would actually count as a type of food poisoning as long as you got it from food and not another person.

A lot of these terms are pretty imprecise and different people may have different ideas about what they mean though.

Last edited:
Reactions: richieboy
Bnuuy said:
I think food poisoning is a sort of catch-all term for illnesses caused by improperly prepared/contaminated foods, so I believe norovirus would actually count as a type of food poisoning as long as you got it from food and not another person.

A lot of these terms are pretty imprecise and different people may have different ideas about what they mean though.
for some reason I was thinking is another covid thing I thought here we go again

Unfortunately, it often breaks out on these expensive cruise ships and it spreads rapidly among the passengers. Some ships have had trouble dealing with all the bathroom usage and flushing.

I hate to keep talking about Norovirus, it can live on surfaces up to 14 days, but the good thing is I now have an immunity for at least 6 months.

Reactions: Angelapinks
cruises are nasty being with

dogboy said:
Unfortunately, it often breaks out on these expensive cruise ships and it spreads rapidly among the passengers. Some ships have had trouble dealing with all the bathroom usage and flushing.
You know what’s worse it’s widespread in assisted living facilities which is where I got it the first time, from my wife visiting her aunt. She brought it home to me.🥵

Reactions: dogboy
richieboy said:
I 'am sorry you have it at 1st didn't know what it was.

Had it back in late Feb or early March. It was the most awful 36 hours I've had in quite some time. Glad you're feeling better

• Love
It’s brutal. It comes on with a savage amount of speed.

• Love
Reactions: richieboy and AshtonFreecss
Subtlerustle said:
It’s brutal. It comes on with a savage amount of speed.
Yes it does, but it doesn’t last long thankfully, and I did lose 6 pounds 🤗

• Wow
Reactions: Subtlerustle
littleK1626 said:
cruises are nasty being with
Cruises seem to be rife with a bunch of bad stuff!

Reactions: FLsolarSparky02
Back