No more ABU Cloth Cushies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinod said:
I know the biggest issue I see with them is the tapes pull away from the back sheet over time. And I don't attach them very tight either. Maybe all the offered H&L tapes had that issue?

Yet another reason for--MORE ELASTIC!! :)

I never had the tapes pop on me, but I've certainly had that happen with other diapers over the years, and for the most part I attribute it to the absence of stretch. A bit of elastic at the front or back edge of a diaper is fine for trimming the appearance and avoiding the occasional front/back leak, but it does little to alleviate the strain at the tape-line of the diaper when one sits, walks around, etc. In that way, most adult diapers out there seem expressly designed to break tapes.

So... remove the hook-and-loop tapes from what was supposed to be a modern baby diaper clone because they weren't holding or something? Wrong fix, kids!

...alright, I'll stop ranting. Maybe Casey will bless us with an explanation at some point. There may well be non-obvious business justification for all of this, and I have to appreciate so many of the other things that Casey and his team have done at ABU. This just ain't one of 'em.

Still going to try a pack to both support these guys and with hope they are fabulous but the Prechoool ones really do sound like a weird hybrid... That being said there was a time when some babies nappies went cloth like backed but still had a plastic taping panel and sticky tabs.

I had 0 issues with the Cloth backed. Besides me being a little too big for the size I got, my legs are the issue. But besides that I love them, they are quiet, a must since I don't live alone and I must keep secret at all costs. The velcro tapes are loud but they hold strong even when I tape it in tight. I don't hear any crinkle when I walk or anything, that is why I got these, along with the fact that the tapes are easily refastenable when I need to take it off and put it back on. I don't have much experience with the plastic backed taped ones, but I would think that they are a bit more difficult to get on and take them off and re tape them. I had to drink a literal gallon to soak one of these, I don't see how these are low capacity lol. I usually drink 2-3 soda's worth of soda or just water in a day, and this ends up being half that which comes out my bladder.

Any ways, does any one know which one I should go with now? I'm looking for a quiet diaper, no crinkle, and can at least re tape a few times.

MickeyM said:
Any ways, does any one know which one I should go with now? I'm looking for a quiet diaper, no crinkle, and can at least re tape a few times.

I don't really know of any diaper on the market that can really be retaped several times (more than one move) besides the velcro ones. DC Amore's Idyl (and new kitten?) have improved tapes that stick well, they'd be my first suggestion on that front alone. Others have good tapes and good panels but don't stick down well if moved a few hours after initially applied. (apparent in bambino and the original kitten for example) Others simply don't move easily. (like the totaldry plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back