No clue about sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you are going to have to fess up that you are too big for fitted girl britches and go with big girl diapers and the wardrobe that goes with being a big baby.
Yes I know cruel reality - it is what it is. Oh now it isn't all that bad - just think of the fun you can have wearing those neat frilly ruffled diaper covers under that
big baby dress with an empire waist line that tutu's out the hem to reveal all. There is poster in one of these forums 'beallucanbe' and that is what you should
practice to be all you can be. Enjoy the aspects of wearing clothing the fits well and completes the fantasy although it will have to be from a big girl to a big baby girl.
Sympathies extended - you can still read stories and dream on and wish like the dickens for a different result - but it is what it is.
Don't care for the ABDL Baby aspects well there is always Lane Bryant; Woman Within; Catherines; Torrid and other Plus size fantasy outlets.
One Size Fits All left a lot of us years ago - so adapt - modify - work around - implement an alternative life style !
Never give up the Quest to enjoy life no matter what is thrown your way.

I don't understand the size charts I'm seeing... XL is usually 35 waist & 45 hips? That's way too big for hip size and way too small for waist size. I don't understand. Is it because I have a male body? :frown:

You are going to have to disregard the SIZE labels and go with the actual inch/centimeter measurements.
Sizing in todays world is all vanity although it does put one in the ball park for games of horseshoes (close but no cigar) !
Mail ordering clothing is problematic since most all this stuff has a size label on it and it varies by manufacturer.
Even the size charts that these people put out are prone to error.
When buy/bidding on ebay merchandise "ALWAYS - ALWAYS - ALWAYS" get the measurements before committing to the purchase
and get a money back return from the seller or Paypal if using that as a method payment from something not measured correctly.

Re: you previous post -
I don't understand the size charts I'm seeing... XL is usually 35 waist & 45 hips? That's way too big for hip size and way too small for waist size
Here is what you are not factoring -
Both men and women have an hour glass anatomy - with men's the hips are from zero to maybe no more than 4-5 inches greater than the waist.
Remember now the waist has to be big enough to pass over the wider hips - this is done by either an elastic waist - zipper or buttoned fly - or like a
kilt or wrap skirt.
With women the hips are rarely at zero (almost zero for that fact) and may go as high as 10 inches or more larger than the waist - thus you get the
wasp waist effect - quite pronounced and noticeable *** so this is where your confusion emanates from a 35 waist and 45 hips - again disregard the
sizing labels (XL) means nothing as an L - a M - and even a S may have this differential of 10 inches albeit rare.
Also consider that with men's wear you have the adult male and boys sizing - then go across the aisle to the women's section and you have multiple
sizing and labeling - Juniors - Misses - womens - and Plus and Petite categories within these.
Egads it is Vanity running Amok !

THIS IS NO ONE COMMON STANDARD OF SIZE LABELING ***EXCEPT*** THE TAPE MEASURE METHOD !

So in answer to your closing question:
Is it because I have a male body?
The answer is YES and without major surgery and or sex alteration you are what you are.
For clothing to fit your frame be it feminine fashionable you are most likely to have to alter something on the market or go to custom made stuff.
But "WAIT" as I posted earlier take a gander at what is available at Lane Bryant; Woman Within; Catherines; Torrid and other Plus size outlets.
Not all women are physically sized alike just like men - tall - short - and pleasingly plump.
There is clothing out there that will fit you - you just have to shop look and venture to find it.

I just wish I could find something really cute, like what I posted... I never imagined my waist was 40" :frown: And is it my imagination, or do most people not even know the location of the waistline? It seems like lots of people say their waist size, when they actually mean the spot at the top of their hips.

There are several WAISTS
Starting from the top:
EMPIRE Waist - just below the bust (or bra band)
KILT Waist - navel (belly button)
And now the grand space between the navel and the Hips.
You know where your hips are as this is the widest point of the gluteus maximus aka buns buttocks.
So in wearing anything and keeping it in place it must be smaller than the hips or its London Bridges falling down.
For men wearing jeans pants shorts etc. the prime space is about 4-6 inches above that.
For women/girls and so on and so forth the waist could be LOW MEDIUM and HIGH.
High being almost near the navel and Low being almost at the hips.
Medium can't be defined other than it is somewhere in between.
To get an idea of this measurement called the "RISE" - the distance between the crotch bottom seam and top front waist band.
Standard is about 12 inches - high
Anything less than 8 is low waist
In between is the middle ground.
Depending on the clothing manufacturer YMMV !
Not an exact science varies a great deal.

Regarding your imagination - people who state their waist are either honest and know where it is or exaggerating it for vanity.
Simply put for your ideal fitting of clothing - to coin a line from one of the Clint Eastwood 'Dirty Harry' movies "Man's got to know his limitations" !
Know what your personal fittings are and deal with it - ignore what others are saying about their diets weight loss waist measurements.

And I am a 40 also and wishful thinking it was like it was in the past a perfect 36 half my height.
Que sera sera !

Do you know where I might be able to find Lolita dresses, skirtalls, or other such super cute things? Woman within seems to have some cute dresses though. I know Blair is another place to look. Though I'm hoping to find stuff even more adorable..... I hope

The best way to get your measurements is to go to a men's warehouse of some form or a Nordstrom's/Dillard's. They'll do a full set of measurements from neck to toe, and you can have them measure your feet and provide you with what your foot size is in inches. That'll really help you get into the ballpark of clothes that'll fit for you.

While that's a good idea, it's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back