Nighttime diaper

babyrose111

abdl newbie 👉🏻👈🏻
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
i was just wondering how long is okay to go without changing your diaper. i was thinking about using it during the night, but if i wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee, do i need to change it right away or can i wait till morning?

also, do you have any tips on changing your diaper yourself and putting it on? any beginner tips for wearing a diaper for the first time?

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Hi, how long you can go without changing depends on the capacity of the diaper, when using an adequate product for the night, you do not need to change until morning usually, only if it leaks. The "taping" can be tricky in the beginning, it needs to be done good, to prevent leaks, you will find out yourself. The are a lot of "how to" posts in this forum, most say it is easier when standing against a wall, i do it standing against a door corner personally. Only tip: You need a diaper you can trust.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and babyrose111
You dont have too change babys through the night so you don't have too either

Poppy diapers need changing straight away

Reactions: babyrose111
You can wear it the whole night. Just make sure you trust that diaper enough to hold all the pee!

Reactions: TigerDL, Jorelaxed and babyrose111
a good quality absorbent diaper should be able to last the night but remember this the longer your skin is exposed to urine and or feces the greater the risk of diaper rash

Reactions: TigerDL, Jorelaxed and babyrose111
I put on a fresh diaper before bed. I will use it during the night if i wake up or as soon as i wake in the morning. I use good quality diapers and usually dont change until shower time around 9 or 10 unless i mess or it starts to leak.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Jorelaxed and babyrose111
Abena! 3 full voids per night and I can still sit in it in the morning for my coffee. I use the pants, the level 4 briefs are even better.

Reactions: chamberpot and babyrose111
JR1 said:
Abena! 3 full voids per night and I can still sit in it in the morning for my coffee. I use the pants, the level 4 briefs are even better.
is that the L4 ones? I was looking at their website and found the L ones. the numbers is just how much capacity it has, right?

babyrose111 said:
is that the L4 ones? I was looking at their website and found the L ones. the numbers is just how much capacity it has, right?
the L is the size L=Large

Reactions: babyrose111 and DLPeakOut
dpcare said:
the L is the size L=Large
And 4 is the highest capacity they sell. There are 1(lowest capacity), 2, and 3

Reactions: JR1 and babyrose111
It should last you all night, I wear to bed and they help me sleep all night without interruptions.

Reactions: chamberpot and babyrose111
I've worn some diapers for nearly 12 hours (others even longer with a booster). As long as the diaper had the capacity to last you through the night without feeling 'wet' you should be fine

Reactions: babyrose111 and DLPeakOut
babyrose111 said:
L is the size and 4 is the capacity, that is for tabbed diapers. The pull ups only go to 3, but that is 90oz capacity. I can always put 3 full voids plus into the pull ups (last night was 4) no leaks.

jamiejamie said:
And 4 is the highest capacity they sell. There are 1(lowest capacity), 2, and 3
They actually have a 0 as well

Reactions: babyrose111 and jamiejamie
JR1 said:
They actually have a 0 as well
Really. So, a 0 is like a cotton underwear with no padding. ;-)

For wearing diapers to bed- I think as long as you go to bed with a nice, dry diaper you should be fine throughout the night as long as it is absorbent enough! If I wear throughout the night (usually I don't unless I'm on my period- but I do wear the entire day up until bedtime) I like to wear Tykables Unicorns during the day and Overnights if I'm sleeping diapered. Basically, I like my diapers to have at least 7,000ml capacity so I feel safe from leaks and I make sure to always use lotion and powder during every diaper change to help prevent rashes too! I've never had a diaper rash before (I've only been diapering since the end of this July though lol) but I've heard that even what you eat can make your pee and poo more acidic, making you more likely to have a rash. I try to change my wet diapers every 5-6 hours during the day and if I'm sleeping in it (I always go to bed starting dry) I'll be ok with waiting until morning. But, messy diapers I always change out of right away, get all cleaned off using wipes then, take a shower (unless I'm at work, I'll do my normal diaper change and take a shower either when I get home right away or when it's time for my next diaper change- depends on how wet my diaper is tbh)

For changing your own diaper- I started out learning the standing up using the wall method because I wanted to have this method down just in case I ever needed to change and didn't have a space to lay down. This has already come in handy several times just at work! To do this method I like to pull my pants down first, then, unfold your diaper making sure the wings are also unfolded and put it between your legs with the side with the tapes on the back of the diaper so when you pull them towards yourself, they should be on the thighs and hips. Then lean against the wall and close your legs to help hold it in place. Then, pull the front of the diaper up so it's snug, but make sure the front and back waistbands are lined up, you don't want once side to be higher than the other or else you might make a gap between your legs that could cause leaks. Then, I like to fasten the bottom tapes on each side first, I try to make them as straight as possible, then I pull the back and front parts of the diaper and pull them up again just to make sure I'm getting a snug fit and I close my legs again to hold it in place. Then, fasten the top tapes and pull your pants back up and you're FINALLY done!! :D It might be a little tricky at first (I had to ask Daddy to put me in my first diaper :3) but you'll get better at it as you learn what fits best for you!! I've only been diapering since the end of July and now I can change my own diaper usually in about 5 minutes!!! It's pretty easy for me now!!! :D

For wearing diapers- I'm thinking you mean wearing them while still being discreet? To be honest, I pretty much just wear my regular clothes- dresses and skirts mostly (unless I'm at work, then it's high waisted skinny jeans (to hide diaper waistband and I think them being skinny jeans helps keep the diaper from crinkling?) I just wear whatever I want, if someone can hear me crinkling, it doesn't bother me since I am probably the only one paying attention to the sound. Unless I'm at work then I'm a little more conscious of it but that's because the manager is there with me most days and she's a family member lol but other than that I'm not worried about it. I highly doubt most people are going around looking for diaper butts lol and even if they are and they do know, it's their fault for looking, as long as your not out in public purposefully pulling your dress up or pants down to show it off- you're not doing anything wrong <3

Last edited by a moderator:
jamiejamie said:
Really. So, a 0 is like a cotton underwear with no padding. ;-)

Not quite.Screenshot_20230918_200633_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Back