Nights in Pink Plastic

Zeke said:
If your parents had it on a complication record you may have been conceived while they were listening to it nearly 6 years earlier! Did it sound vaguely familiar?

I remembered that there are actually several contenders for first-song-ever-heard. There were a number of jazz musicians that were staples in my parents' household - Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Miles Davis were played regularly, and also some Johnny Cash ('I Walk The Line' is the one I remember best). And tons of classical records, but to be honest I'd be able to recognise very few classical pieces if I heard them, apart from the ones I played myself on the piano (mainly Debussy, Chopin, Scriabin and Shostakovich). Prokofiev's 'Peter and the Wolf' and Camille Saint-Saëns's 'Carnival of the Animals' spring to mind. My favourite record in my parents' music collection was no doubt Sky's '2' album, but that wasn't released until 1980. My father was a huge fan of John Williams (the classical guitarist, not the film music composer), and I was dragged to concerts a number of times when he performed anywhere nearby. And Herbie Flowers lives just a few miles from where I live now.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
PooMinara said:
I remembered that there are actually several contenders for first-song-ever-heard. There were a number of jazz musicians that were staples in my parents' household - Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Miles Davis were played regularly, and also some Johnny Cash ('I Walk The Line' is the one I remember best). And tons of classical records, but to be honest I'd be able to recognise very few classical pieces if I heard them, apart from the ones I played myself on the piano (mainly Debussy, Chopin, Scriabin and Shostakovich). Prokofiev's 'Peter and the Wolf' and Camille Saint-Saëns's 'Carnival of the Animals' spring to mind. My favourite record in my parents' music collection was no doubt Sky's '2' album, but that wasn't released until 1980. My father was a huge fan of John Williams (the classical guitarist, not the film music composer), and I was dragged to concerts a number of times when he performed anywhere nearby. And Herbie Flowers lives just a few miles from where I live now.
Your parents were very eclectic in their choice of music. After driving semi for a few years I realized my devotion to rock ‘n’ roll had to give or it was going to drive me crazy and that I would have to become more eclectic in my preferences. I listened to my beloved rock but augmented it with country (old country) and classical and the blues. When I was really tired and driving at night I would usually switch to talk radio with a topic that required me to think to keep me awake.

Reactions: PooMinara and Angelapinks
Nights in pink plastic Never reaching the end
Diapers I’ve filled never meaning to change …

• Haha
Reactions: PooMinara
PooMinara said:
And Herbie Flowers lives just a few miles from where I live now.
Whoa! Herbie Flowers was the bassist on Harry Nilsson's Nilsson Schmilsson album! Y'know..."Lime in the Coconut", "Jump into the Fire", "The Moonbeam Song", "Driving Along"...Herbie plays a mean bass, especially fretless!

My cousin lives a few miles from David Gates, lead singer of the '70s band Bread...and actor Kevin Tighe of Emergency! Cool stuff, huh?

Reactions: Angelapinks and PooMinara
BobbiSueEllen said:
Whoa! Herbie Flowers was the bassist on Harry Nilsson's Nilsson Schmilsson album! Y'know..."Lime in the Coconut", "Jump into the Fire", "The Moonbeam Song", "Driving Along"...Herbie plays a mean bass, especially fretless!

My cousin lives a few miles from David Gates, lead singer of the '70s band Bread...and actor Kevin Tighe of Emergency! Cool stuff, huh?

All members of Sky were also involved in a number of other projects, e.g. Flowers also performed with David Bowie, Lou Reed, Cat Stevens, Cliff Richard, Sally Oldfield and many others. I've yet to listen to a lot of the recordings.

Zeke said:
Your parents were very eclectic in their choice of music. After driving semi for a few years I realized my devotion to rock ‘n’ roll had to give or it was going to drive me crazy and that I would have to become more eclectic in my preferences. I listened to my beloved rock but augmented it with country (old country) and classical and the blues. When I was really tired and driving at night I would usually switch to talk radio with a topic that required me to think to keep me awake.

My father was originally Hungarian. When he fled Hungary in '56 during the student uprising and came to England, my uncle went to Berlin and became Germany's expert in rock music. Whenever I had a new music teacher and they heard my surname, they'd ask if I was related to him. We had some very lenient teachers, and we were allowed to do the homework for other classes while we were listening to my uncle's compilations documenting the history of rock music.

My cousin published an independent music magazine together with her partner in the 80s, and interviewed a lot of the big names on the goth & new wave scene. At that time my (male) cousin was a New Romantic, and I admired the flamboyant style. So I guess you can say my interest in music pretty much runs in the family.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Angelapinks, Ranma and 2 others
Jorelaxed said:
White tights are very comfortable and breath very well, perfect for summertime use.
garterbelt , thi high or pantyhose(crotch cut out in summer)

Reactions: Angelapinks and Jorelaxed
Fireball44 said:
garterbelt , thi high or pantyhose(crotch cut out in summer)
I leave mine intact, the tights crotch keeps my diaper in place.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Jorelaxed said:
I leave mine intact, the tights crotch keeps my diaper in place.
i ALWAYS wear control top pantyhose or control top granny panties. Chane diaper less.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Angelapinks
BobbiSueEllen said:
Ummm...Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues are outside with their lawyer...and would like a word with you. 🫢🤭

Don't worry about Graeme Edge and Ray Thomas...they've already passed on. :cry:

The only pink plastic I wear at night are my Northshore Megamax diaper and Gerber-like plastic pants...along with other cute, pink baby girl things. That's what this baby girl does, happily. But I do have a question: don't you get all sweaty and sticky in that? I can't see myself wearing that at all, it looks so uncomfy. How do you endure it?

I'm not trying to be surly of mean or anything...it just doesn't look comfy. How does it feel for you? Oh, also I have autism...my tactile groove is baby-soft, cuddly and pink. Aaand maybe a lit-tle wet, like right now. 🤭🥰🤗
When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues. Your first sentence made me have to clamp my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't guffaw so loud it would have woken my wife up!

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
PooMinara said:
I've always wanted to wear white tights and hold ups in public, and a couple of months ago I finally plucked up the courage. Since then I've worn nothing else underneath my dresses and skirts But I'm also very fortunate to live in a town where people's personal clothing choices will raise very few eyebrows

The club that I frequent is also very safe space, and the security staff are very protective of its visitors. I've known the head of security for 15 years, and even though I've had periods lasting up to several; years when I've not gone out at all, I'm considered 'family'.
Anyone who's had periods lasting up to several years should see their doctor right away! Bah-dum-tss 🥁

• Haha
Reactions: PooMinara
AttilaThePun said:
Anyone who's had periods lasting up to several years should see their doctor right away! Bah-dum-tss 🥁

Menstruation jokes are not funny. Period.

• Haha
Reactions: Sidewinder, AttilaThePun, vp39 and 1 other person
Back