NHL playoff bracket challenge

CptKirk

Disabled veteran,"MOTORHEAD"PROFESSIONAL Mechanic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Open to those who are interested. League name is ADISC password is ADISC2023 Hopefully this is OK to do. If not I'll try to change the name. Sign up! Go AVALANCHE!

Click the link below or highlight/click on it.

Reactions: Dashsanta
Anyone but Edmonton 😝

• Wow
Reactions: camperspampers1 and Fraggle
Toaster said:
Anyone but Edmonton 😝
Hey now
You had equal opportunity to make the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: CptKirk and Toaster
Hahaha...ya that's true.

Even so....being a Flames fan, it would just be wrong to cheer on the Oilers. However, I do hope they do well in the playoffs.

Go Dallas!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperLifer and CptKirk
Toaster said:
Hahaha...ya that's true.

Even so....being a Flames fan, it would just be wrong to cheer on the Oilers. However, I do hope they do well in the playoffs.

Go Dallas!!!
The sad thing about where flames finished too low to make playoffs and too high to win the draft loto
that's the worst place to end up

Reactions: CptKirk
SparkyDog said:
The sad thing about where flames finished too low to make playoffs and too high to win the draft loto that's the worst place to end up
True.
We lost a few guys with good chemistry coming into this season. And the guys we did end up getting didn't seem to really play to their potential.

Hopefully next year with a good shake up, we can bring our team back up to where they should be.

Reactions: CptKirk and SparkyDog
Toaster said:
True.
We lost a few guys with good chemistry coming into this season. And the guys we did end up getting didn't seem to really play to their potential.

Hopefully next year with a good shake up, we can bring our team back up to where they should be.
I think that's entirely possible but might need a new coach first

• Wow
Yup...new coach, new GM, and then go from there.

• Sad
Reactions: CptKirk and SparkyDog
Toaster said:
Hahaha...ya that's true.

Go Dallas!!!
Jump on the AVS bandwagon! We got lots of room!
Besides, you get to see what Kadri left

Alright I've made an account, when can we select the teams? Mcdavid will win the cup, if you don't believe me just ask Cassie Campbell. Go Oilers!

• Haha
The Charlestown Chiefs didn't make the playoffs, so I'm out.

• Love
Toaster said:
Hahaha...ya that's true.

Go Dallas!!!
Go Robertson!

Reactions: Toaster
What’s the name of the team from Colorado? I’m not a hockey fan :LOL:

• Angry
qwertyqwerty said:
Colorado Avalanche

I’ve been an Avalanche fan since they arrived in Colorado. I hope they can repeat this year, but I honestly don’t see that happening. I believe Boston will steamroll through the playoffs.

• Wow
Reactions: CptKirk and Toaster
are you betting or just for fun . Boston looks the best on paper . I don’t follow hockey really

qwertyqwerty said:
AV-A-LANCHE

I don't gamble unless I have control over the situation...that limits me to 1) HIGH stakes team 10 point pitch 2)LOW STAKES poker 3) Drag racing (having a 604 HP street legal car helps!) 4) STRAIGHT pool tournaments and/or individual matches, even when they're handicapped to even the odds. I USED to shoot pool 20 hours/week until straight pool all but died in the latter 90s - early 00's and won well in excess of 250 straight pool tournaments. Now my pool table hasn't seen the light of day in years. I ought to sell the damn thing but can't allow myself to as I bought it from a pool room I ruled for years and they put a plaque on this table after I won my 50th tournament way back around '91 or '92. I used to travel (from Pittston, Pa to Binghamton NY, Philly, Allentown, Plainfield NJ, Dunnellon NJ (Plainfield was the home of a female straight pool world titlist and had a number of active rooms with tournaments almost every damn night in the early/mid 90s. Haven't been there since 2007 or so and that scene unfortunately died too).... the furthest I ever drove (had 5 others with me, we took 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th & 9th and a DNP in a HUGE 2 day tournament was Baltimore. That's also the 2nd largest prize pool I ever won, just over $2700. I would had never won IF I had looked at the names of the guys I played though as that would have been in my head. I beat 3 players who played professionally, including in the semis and in the finals. Once I heard the names of who I had beaten I began shaking uncontrollably! I learned years before to NEVER look at the tournament brackets. Everything was a random draw unless they knew you and you got seeded. I was totally unknown and destroyed the #2 seed in my 1st match, meaning I was seeded NEXT TO LAST! I knew the names of a great deal of awesome players. FORTUNATELY, outside of the local guys I knew who played professionally I had no clue who these guys actually were, no clue what they looked like etc. which is likely the only reason I ever beat them. It's a mental block that cost me a great deal of wins and I never learned how to overcome it. The final way I used to gamble was arm wrestling....but as a guy who literally damn near lived in the gym as a drug free power lifter, I knew I stood a chance against all but the absolute biggest and best guys. When you peak at a tick over 5'7" and have a mouth as BIG as mine is, you make sure you stay in amazing shape both aerobically (*5-8 mile runs 2-4x/week finished by 8-12 250 yard uphill sprints) as well as with physical strength *was benching well over 425 in the early-mid 90's, continually gaining as i dedicated more and more time to weights as str8 pool tourneys became fewer and further between, exceeding 500lbs in the early 00's* as well as continuing to be a wrestling and football coach although with wrestling you were ALWAYS learning as well as teaching. Wrestling won me at least 75% of the fights I got in against guys bigger than me (in height/weight) as everyone is the same size on the ground! Thankfully I never wound up in a fight against a better wrestler!~

I once was made to go to AC right after I got married....I lost $15.00 in 5 minutes and I'm STILL pissed off over that! Gives you the sense of why I don't gamble on stuff I have zero control over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraggle
PaddedInHaslet said:
I’ve been an Avalanche fan since they arrived in Colorado. I hope they can repeat this year, but I honestly don’t see that happening. I believe Boston will steamroll through the playoffs.
YOU'RE DELUSIONAL!!!! #PRESIDENT"STROPHYCURSE, #WINSRECORDCURSE, #AVALANCHEF**KINGRULEMAN!

Reactions: Dashsanta and Fraggle
Back