New Version of Goodnites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prairie said:
Do a blinded test where you mix some of these with previous ones so that you can't tell the difference by sight/feel, and see whether you can reliably tell which are the new (put a hidden mark on them to tell which is which after each trial). Otherwise it's easily just placebo. Since the packaging doesn't say new, I'm highly skeptical that there was any change in the process with the pants in this new packaging.

Also, KCC is receptive to reports of poor quality, so I recommend contacting them about the quality issues.

I will do a blind test as well as some quantitative measurements and make a new thread in the next 1 - 2 months.

One thing I noticed is that the new packaging says "More absorbent than training pants" whereas the old pakaging says " 40% more absorbent than training pants" That alone make me wonder if they have decreased the absorbency.... If they are now only 25 or 30% more absorbent, they wouldn't want to advertise a downgrade

curious88 said:
I will do a blind test as well as some quantitative measurements and make a new thread in the next 1 - 2 months.

One thing I noticed is that the new packaging says "More absorbent than training pants" whereas the old pakaging says " 40% more absorbent than training pants" That alone make me wonder if they have decreased the absorbency.... If they are now only 25 or 30% more absorbent, they wouldn't want to advertise a downgrade

They wouldn't advertise a downgrade for sure, and sadly, its possible they had to downgrade a little bit on this so they now emphasis on the 5 protection layers instead, sometimes they reduce the amount of pants in a pack and that caused some serious complains from parents that they had to now purchase 2 packs for each month instead of just 1.

You can contact them with the problems you've noticed, I wouldn't say you use the products (I did that mistake and the rep suggested I move to Depends for Men, clearly scripted), tell them its your son or daughter that has problems and lately you get more wet sheets, beds and pajamas than before, they will want the lot number on the packs and may even request samples so don't use them all if you can, they can send you a box by Fedex where you just drop them and the guy will send them...

I just got a box of the new GoodNites for boys L/XL with the 5 layers protection logo on it, I've compared both garment side by side with one that come from a pack with the 25% stretchier sides, and to me, they are identically the same, they seem to be stretchier a little bit and the sides seem to be easier to open but I've not noticed anything else, same size and same height. Also same amount of pants in a box we still get 34 pants for the L/XL for 29,97$ (normally I get them at 23,97$ but since the US dollar is so high compared to CDN, I guess they had to increase their prices), but the box is smaller than their previous box so they save on space and shipping I'm quite sure. Will test them tonight and will report, but I'm quite confident they will do the same job.

CodyBaby said:
I just got a box of the new GoodNites for boys L/XL with the 5 layers protection logo on it, I've compared both garment side by side with one that come from a pack with the 25% stretchier sides, and to me, they are identically the same, they seem to be stretchier a little bit and the sides seem to be easier to open but I've not noticed anything else, same size and same height. Also same amount of pants in a box we still get 34 pants for the L/XL for 29,97$ (normally I get them at 23,97$ but since the US dollar is so high compared to CDN, I guess they had to increase their prices), but the box is smaller than their previous box so they save on space and shipping I'm quite sure. Will test them tonight and will report, but I'm quite confident they will do the same job.
Any photos?

AnimeDude892 said:
Any photos?

If you've seen a new GoodNites with 25% stretchier sides, you've seen them, they didn't change at all to me, but if you insist, I can snap a few shots of them, they did swell up strangely during the night they clearly changed something in the padding cause the front was swelled up more than the previous versions, but I didn't feel any difference while wearing them, its when they are wet they appear to swell up more than their previous version somehow.

CodyBaby said:
If you've seen a new GoodNites with 25% stretchier sides, you've seen them, they didn't change at all to me, but if you insist, I can snap a few shots of them, they did swell up strangely during the night they clearly changed something in the padding cause the front was swelled up more than the previous versions, but I didn't feel any difference while wearing them, its when they are wet they appear to swell up more than their previous version somehow.

Yeah I've seen the packaging that says "25% stretchier sides" but I did not see the "5 Layer Protection" packaging before. And yes I would like to see the photos of the goodnites from the 25% stretchier sides packaging, and the 5 Layer Protection packaging.

AnimeDude892 said:
Yeah I've seen the packaging that says "25% stretchier sides" but I did not see the "5 Layer Protection" packaging before. And yes I would like to see the photos of the goodnites from the 25% stretchier sides packaging, and the 5 Layer Protection packaging.

Will try to take a few shots tomorrow in the evening, for now its bedtime for me.

Interesting.. mine seemed to swell a bit less... maybe i just got a bad run, and maybe even thoughnmy package said 5 layer protection, maybe it still had the old diaper in it

- - - Updated - - -

Would you take a pic of the " strangely swelling diaper"?

curious88 said:
Interesting.. mine seemed to swell a bit less... maybe i just got a bad run, and maybe even thoughnmy package said 5 layer protection, maybe it still had the old diaper in it

- - - Updated - - -

Would you take a pic of the " strangely swelling diaper"?

I can't already in the trash, not my kind of pictures and I don't think it would be allowed here anyways, but for the GoodNites themselves, I'm getting some pictures done tonight, should upload them tomorrow in afternoon after I stripe some infos of them since I use my phone to take theses shots.

sjDfJ
UOR5ter
I saw this on tumblr are these the new girls goodnites L/XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back