New tykables - puppers

bambinod said:
Nursery-style prints aren't that common yet. Check out LittleForBig. They've got Vintage Baby and Baby Nursery, which are like baby and toddler type prints. The diaper itself is outstanding. Changing Times' Bear Hugs are also pretty nice. (they're a velcro design identical to Tykables)

Rearz had a Vintage Replica some time ago but I don't think they ever ran it again. They were actually using an old Pampers print on their tape panel too. It was printed on their Inspire line, which is medium capacity. All of the current "baby prints" are high or super high capacity.

Oh, thank you for sharing this. I have seen the LittleForBig prints and I really like them but there was no indication of absorbency on their website so I couldn’t gauge what kind of quality they were. If I’m going to pay £££ for an AB diaper I want it to at least be higher absorbency than medical grade diapers such as Tena to make it worth the high price.

I don't think I have come across Bear Hugs in my online searches yet but it is the Velcro panel (along with the high absorbency and cute package designs) which draws me to Tykables. I dislike plastic-backed compared to cloth but particularly because I dislike the super shiny, noisy and thick plastic front landing panels for the tapes so I feel like a hybrid diaper would be a good compromise for me. I am in the UK so maybe I haven’t seen them in my searches because they’re not available here, but if they are I will definitely consider them over the Tykables.

bambinod said:
Rearz had a Vintage Replica some time ago but I don't think they ever ran it again. They were actually using an old Pampers print on their tape panel too. It was printed on their Inspire line, which is medium capacity. All of the current "baby prints" are high or super high capacity.
Would you, by chance, instead mean ABU's "Super Dry Kids" diaper, the tape panel of which is a near-exact replica of Pampers' turn-of-the-century BabyDry diaper?

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I have seen the LittleForBig prints and I really like them but there was no indication of absorbency on their website so I couldn’t gauge what kind of quality they were. If I’m going to pay £££ for an AB diaper I want it to at least be higher absorbency than medical grade diapers

They appear to be based on the Fabine frame. All specs are identical. VERY high capacity, easily on par with Little Rascals or Safari.

I don't think I have come across Bear Hugs in my online searches yet but it is the Velcro panel (along with the high absorbency and cute package designs) which draws me to Tykables.

It's the exact same diaper as Galactic/Waddler/Unicorn/Puppers, just with a different print. (also same as Rearz Barnyard)

Reactions: KaleidoscopeKitty
bambinod said:
They appear to be based on the Fabine frame. All specs are identical. VERY high capacity, easily on par with Little Rascals or Safari.

Thank you so much for your recommendations. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like a Bear Hugz are available in the UK but I’ve just ordered some of the LittlesforBig ‘Baby Cuties’ design which is exactly the sort of design I meant by ‘Tykables overnights in pastels.’ Looking forward to trying them!

BobbiSueEllen said:
Would you, by chance, instead mean ABU's "Super Dry Kids" diaper, the tape panel of which is a near-exact replica of Pampers' turn-of-the-century BabyDry diaper?
It appears Rearz also did a run of diapers that were near-replicas of Pampers (but not the balloon design).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(I think the bear design is similar to some of the Pampers designs?)

ABU Super Dry Kids are the only long-standing/lasting ones though.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Hmmm...interesting!

TigerDL said:
It appears Rearz also did a run of diapers that were near-replicas of Pampers (but not the balloon design).

Yep that last one was their "Vintage Replica". (I got a case, I still have a bag iirc) They used an expired pattern from Pampers Baby Dry series, on their Inspire all white diapers. The four tapes was really the only thing not "authentic" about it. It's a shame, they made Inspire Select that were that frame, with single tapes. They really should have combined the two concepts together, the single tapes with that print!

Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
Can't believe I missed those Rearz Vintage Baby Dry Replica 😭
I can feel a temper tantrum coming on already...

Hope they do another run of them - they look super cute :3

Last edited:
Back