New to incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
matty444 said:
The lifting diaper technique works well. I never ended up peeing on other objects yesterday with each diaper change.

I was embarrassed yesterday. My friends came over and we just stayed at home. My friends already know about my incontinence and need for diapers. One of my friends noticed I leaked before I noticed. They started teasing me like look baby boy Matt soaked his diaper and leaked. He needs a diaper change. I was embarrassed. I got up and rushed off or change into a clean diaper and get dry pants. I hated it. What can I do to avoid it in future?

Matt, I'm sorry to hear your friends teased you like that. They don't have any maturity or understanding of the difficulties faced, and it's a pretty a**hole move to act like that.

Personally, my move to avoid something like that would be to either tell your friends off for acting that way or to find different friends. You would have to make that call yourself.

matty444 said:
The lifting diaper technique works well. I never ended up peeing on other objects yesterday with each diaper change.

I was embarrassed yesterday. My friends came over and we just stayed at home. My friends already know about my incontinence and need for diapers. One of my friends noticed I leaked before I noticed. They started teasing me like look baby boy Matt soaked his diaper and leaked. He needs a diaper change. I was embarrassed. I got up and rushed off or change into a clean diaper and get dry pants. I hated it. What can I do to avoid it in future?

Get better friends. That truly is disgusting behaviour. Humiliating people for your own amusement is never acceptable, and if they're the same age as you, they're old enough to know better. Ask them if they'd mock someone in a wheelchair. Incontinence is a disability, and given that until pretty recently, most children have been systematically indoctrinated during toilet training to regard wearing nappies beyond infancy as shameful, a highly embarrassing one. This is hard enough for you as it is.

More practically, make sure that you use fairly absorbent nappies; check yourself regularly; don't put off a change; and if you're really concerned, get some plastic pants. Ideally, you want PUL exterior, since it's softer and more discrete, with a thin absorbent lining to catch leaks and sweating.

Matty sorry they teased you, like Chuck recommended plastic pants can really help I wear dry 24/7's with underwear over top then plastic pants when out the under wear helps catch any small leaks and the rubber pants do work to keep your pants dry for most times.

What diapers do you wear and what size do you use a proper fitting premium diaper is the best way to help prevent leaks.

Ok. I guess I should get plastic pants. My friends apologized to me. They said that they were sorry that I was teased about my disability. Now they said they'd help me.

Get better diapers.

I have Abena

Matty what size are you wearing on the Abenas and version, also what is your sizing are you close to the upper or lower end size wise on your current diaper.

A improper fitting diaper will leak mor often the not.

I wear a medium in the dry 24/7's (best fit) where on the Abena line I am between the medium and large with the large being to big and the medium being smaller fitting.

Does stuffing with a booster help? I am size small 28" but wear mediums with stuffers. Right now I have on a large Snuggies and they are really at the max size I can wear. The tapes all meet in the middle. I have a cloth and plastic over it as well to keep leaks contained. Last time I wore Abena m3 I used no plastic over it and there were no leaks.

Boosters help increase the capacity of any diaper, but beware, that if the diaper has somewhat a narrow crotch, and the booster pad swells quite a bit, it will leave your diaper prone to leaks, especially while sitting.

I've been wearing Bambino Bellisimos with a booster inside. I've worn multiple boosters inside as well. The single booster is more effective since the pads take up a lot of diaper room. If you tend to flood (after initial wetting), the liquid doesn't have enough room in the crotch to be contained until absorbed, and can be leak prone.

I'm new to dealing with over active bladder with urge incontinence....about 6 months in...after a liver transplant and 3 kidney stone surgeries.

I have tried lots of products but found tape on diapers to work best. I wear a disposable Total Dry Plus as they are discreet and effective and I prefer the plastic backing. These diapers work well for 1-2 wettings and can usually get me through about 2/3 of the day at work. Changing my diaper at work is a problem due to small office issues and privacy. I have started adding a male guard in front which can take nearly a complete wetting (sometimes leaks a little into the disposable). I can easily slip the guard out and insert a new one or not and still have on a disposable diaper until I get home to change. This setup (2 additional guards) gets me through the day at work with minimal risk of needing a full change. I still have a diaper bag in the car if there is major leakage.

I usually wear an Abena M4 at night time, but have experienced some leaks from side sleeping and occassionally from the waistbands. I have not tried any over-pants yet.
I want to experiment with some cloth/PU pants, but have not jumped into this yet.

LittleICme

If you can try a medium dry 24/7 they are cut a bit larger then The Abenas and work a bit better for me then the M4 Abenas that I use to wear. Side sleeping is hard to prevent leaks but I find wearing underwear over my diaper then a plastic pant helps but leaks will happen wity disposables and side sleeping. I also find if I point down I leak less.

I recommend getting some priva waterproof washable mats get the largest size think it's 3' X 5' (I have 4 of them Imcan switch out when I leak) they work great and can be swapped out with out waking your wife if you leak.

You still need a good mattress protector for under the sheets

I'm confident my diapers are the right size. It comes up about to my belly button. Yesterday my brother brought home a pack of pampers. He said I can use the pampers as stuffers.

Matty having the diaper come up to your belly button is great but is does not mean it's the correct size, I will ask again what is your measurements so we can they to help to see if your diaper sizing is correct.

I tried Abenas when I first started to wear taped diapers and found out that due to my measurements that a medium Dry 24/7 was cut to the best fit size over the Abena line of diapers.

Having dealt with diapers for a year now I can't stress the importance of a proper fitting diaper enough. Once you find perfect fit leaks for the most part will become a thing of the past but will not disappear completely.

I have a 34 inch waist and I'm 6'2".

Any advice??

I'm currently using baby diapers as stuffers

matty444 said:
I'm currently using baby diapers as stuffers

Have you tried proper boosters such as the Abena AbriLet Maxi? They're designed with the specific purpose of being used inside adult diapers to increase absorbency, as opposed to baby diapers that you have to modify for making them work as stuffers.

quattrus said:
Have you tried proper boosters such as the Abena AbriLet Maxi? They're designed with the specific purpose of being used inside adult diapers to increase absorbency, as opposed to baby diapers that you have to modify for making them work as stuffers.

No only baby diapers

Matty

Try Dry 24/7's in a medium or and Abena plastic backed also in a medium you should be able to get a couple of samples sent out to you for you to try before ordering a bag or case.
You will find a premium adult diaper will work way better then a smaller diaper.

Once you find the correct fit you will find dealing with bladder issues gets way easier when you have a diaper you can trust. I would also recommend wearing underwear over the diaper then plastic pants over that this way if you have a small leak the underwear will absorb it and the plastic pants will help keep your pants dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back