• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New to Incontinence and this forum

KechoDrips

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi,

I am a 33 year old male (married) that has recently started having some issues with incontinence. Primarily my issues are at night with bedwetting but I feel like I am having some mild symptoms in the day as well.

I've been to see my GP and have an appointment with a Urologist but am currently trying to not loose my mind down a google rabbit hole trying to figure out what is happening to me. So, I've been looking for some communities that I can join so that I can see other people's stories, ask for advice and generally return to some sort of "being normal" feeling.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Hello and welcome KechoDrips to the Adisc community.😃

Reactions: Edgewater
Welcome and be welcomed to this magical World of ADISC!
A truly wonderful place as near everyone here is wearing a diaper!
Enjoy!

I was a bit younger than you when I was involved in a car crash that resulted from my going for full dry 24 /7 to full U-IC, 24/7. Back then, the choice was hose and bag or cloth diapers and plastic pants. With a couple of days home from hospital my dear wife had me diapered and we were out and about. Yes, it was clear that I was wearing as the number of options was limited then. Within weeks I was back working and by the end of the first year, I had come to accept that I was wearing diapers 24/7 and that they allowed me to return to normal life.

Understand that the danger of become IC is that one of the most important indicators of several illnesses is the lose of continence. So, assure you have a strong relationship with your MD and Urologist! Today, there are a number of medications and surgeries that can be of help! Assure you understand the "side effects" of each and how they can effect your daily life.

Again Welcome!!

Last edited:
Reactions: surprise35
Edgewater said:
Welcome and be welcomed to this magical World of ADISC!
A truly wonderful place as near everyone here is wearing a diaper!
Enjoy!

I was a bit younger than you when I was involved in a car crash that resulted from my going for full dry 24 /7 to full U-IC, 24/7. Back then, the choice was hose and bag or cloth diapers and plastic pants. With a couple of days home from hospital my dear wife had me diapered and we were out and about. Yes, it was clear that I was wearing as the number of options was limited then. Within weeks I was back working and by the end of the first year, I had come to accept that I was wearing diapers 24/7 and that they allowed me to return to normal life.

Understand that the danger of become IC is that one of the most important indicators of several illnesses is the lose of continence. So, assure you have a strong relationship with your MD and Urologist! Today, there are a number of medications and surgeries that can be of help! Assure you understand the "side effects" of each and how they can effect your daily life.

Again Welcome!!
Thanks. I've been looking over a lot of different medication options in preparation for a Urology visit and tbh, haven't loved anything I've seen. Every med offers "help" to "reduce" the issues but none of them solve it, all the while they have a very high chance of causing a lot of negative effects. I may be wrong about that so feel free to correct me as I would love advice on what type of medication I want to ask the Urologist about.

I can't imagine that going to bed with a dry mouth, headache and nausea being a good exchange for reducing my chance of wetting myself by 20%. Would still have to wear diapers every night anyways just in case so it doesn't feel very worth while.

Reactions: Edgewater
KechoDrips said:
Thanks. I've been looking over a lot of different medication options in preparation for a Urology visit and tbh, haven't loved anything I've seen. Every med offers "help" to "reduce" the issues but none of them solve it, all the while they have a very high chance of causing a lot of negative effects. I may be wrong about that so feel free to correct me as I would love advice on what type of medication I want to ask the Urologist about.

I can't imagine that going to bed with a dry mouth, headache and nausea being a good exchange for reducing my chance of wetting myself by 20%. Would still have to wear diapers every night anyways just in case so it doesn't feel very worth while.
I would want you to have an open and wide discussion and first determining what 'may' be 'effecting' you is goal number one! From there it is a process of the both of you working though the list of medications that 'may' help!

Please understand that most doctors consider that your wearing diapers is a failure for them. You may find yourself attempting to comfort your doctor that diapers are a positive choice.

I am old and have changes doctors as they retire and faced with a new one that wants to use all the new stuff. I commonly have to remind them why I am U-IC and how long and what is the foundation of my U-IC. Point being, you must find what works for you and your life style!

Reactions: Cottontail
Back