New Teddy Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessSara said:
when ordering online though, you gotta be SUPER cautious on quality, I've seen bears for $100 dollars at Toys R Us that aren't even worth $10 because they use easily tearable material, fur that sheds like crazy, or horrendously bad stitchwork that's an accident waiting to happen. this tends to be most prevalant in large plushies because they want to make as much money as possible but still have to pay for the 'darn materials'....it's why I prefer to buy in person as you can feel them thoroughly, test their strain (ie cuddle them semi-vigorously and see if stitches start loosening) and make sure you're getting an ok price for something new. The best time to catch big plushies are of course xmas and Valentines day, but be prepared to pay easily $50-75 for a top quality bear that will last you years or more. anything less than $30 and you're probably not going to get quality (this applies to large-scale bears more so, but there are exceptions :3)

~Sincerly, an avid plushie collector :3

This is true. I've been back and forth about buying stuffed animals online because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back