New rule at home: I must now sleep in diapers every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nareh60280

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hello to all!

I wanted to share what happened recently with my wife....

Here is the summary:
A few weeks ago my wife said to me: "What if you sleep in a diaper? That way you won't wake me up at night to go to the bathroom...", I thought it was a joke, and I said "yeah yeah of course..." and I did nothing...

But last week she came into the bedroom and said, "So... are you ready to sleep in diapers tonight?". She was serious !!!... So, I put a diaper, and I slept (and wet) in diaper all night !!! The next morning, she told me that she liked that I did not wake her up... and as she knows that I like to sleep diapered... So I will now sleep in diapers every night! !! I'm very happy!!!

------------------------

The whole story is a bit long... If you want to read it, I put it next... I will try to be brief:

My wife and I have been together since we were 15 (we are now 29 and have been married for 5 years). I confessed to her my DL side 3 years after we started our relationship...

At first, she did not like the idea at all, she asked me to get rid of all my diapers and forget the subject... As I was young and without much wisdom, I wanted to please her... but you know how it works... The desire returns and sometimes stronger...

Well, little by little, and over the years, she began to accept my DL side it is an important part of me, I can identify the stages of her acceptance:

Before our wedding:
1- There was no acceptance at all.
2- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and we never talk about it.
3- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and sometimes we talk about it.
4- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and we often talk about it... I start to tell my experiences... We stayed like that for about 5 years...

As we prepare for our wedding, I start to worry about how I'm going to wear "without her" when we get married, so we discuss it and reach level 5:

5- I can put my diapers in a drawer that she will never touch, but I can only wear them when she is not at home... and when I am at work or traveling... We stay like that for 2 years.

Then we had a fairly difficult stage... I started to have trouble with her level of acceptance. I started to get tired of having to remove my diaper every time she came home. I felt rejected, I felt like I had to hide my true side from my wife and lie to her every time... it was a horrible feeling that put me in depression for almost 1 year.

So, we arrived at level 6:

6- I can wear my diapers during the day, 3 times a week at work, and 1 time during the weekend in her presence, but within a very fixed schedule.

So this new arrangement was better, but I still felt bad, I wanted total acceptance, and without restrictions... I didn't want to wear diapers all the time, but I wanted to be free to wear when and where I wanted... My depression (also linked to problems in my job) didn't improve either. I sometimes wore my diapers outside of the "allowed" slots, and my wife got pissed off whenever she realized.

My wife and I then finally understood that the problem was the little honesty and trust that one had towards the other. One day, I promised not to hide anything from her anymore, and never to lie to her when I was wearing my diapers. And in return, she accepted that I wear my diapers when and where I want. So:

7- I can wear it whenever and wherever I want during the day. If she is not at home, I can wear only my diaper, but if she is there, I have to put on a pair of pants as a minimum. I can sleep in diapers when I am alone, but not if she is there.

My depression started to improve, also because of some changes in my job, and also because I started seeing a psychologist. I felt that I had found my ideal point. And our relationship was happier.

But then my wife started having her own depression and anxiety problems. She is not happy with her job and with other things in life. She also started having small urine urgencies and leakings, which increased her anxiety. She started putting on DryNites (by my advice), but she felt uncomfortable... We discovered that she had a urinary tract infection, she went to the doctor and the leaks were stopped, so she no longer wears DryNites.

Nevertheless, her anxiety continues until today (even if it is a little better), but that prevents her from sleeping well. She wakes up very easily, and the problem is that I go to the toilet several times (2 - 4) per night... So... A few weeks ago she said to me: "What if you sleep in a diaper so you won't wake me up anymore?... ", I thought it was a joke, and I said "yeah yeah of course..." and I did nothing....

But last week she came into the room and said, "So... are you ready to sleep in a diaper tonight?". She was serious !!!... So, I put a diaper, and I slept (and wet) in diaper all night !!! The next morning, she told me that she liked that I didn't wake her up to go to the bathroom, and since she knows I like to sleep diapered. So I will now sleep in diapers every night !!! I'm very happy!!!

8- I have to put on a diaper every night, under my pajamas, and if it is too hot, I can only stay in diapers. I can wear whenever and wherever I want during the day. If she is not there, I can stay only with just my diaper, but if she is there, I have to put on pants as a minimum.

I finally feel accepted as I am, and at the level that I want:)… I know that part of her sleeping problems come from her anxiety, and I hope it improves for her... But I want stay in level 8 of its acceptance. We spent a lot of time and a lot of problems to reach this level, and I hope it does not change, even if her anxiety improves and she gets to sleep well, I always want to sleep in diapers...

Well.. This is my experience! What do you think?

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, checkingoutall, RedPandaDL and 11 others
I really like how things worked out for you. I hope things continue to become more and more comfortable for you and your story gives me confidence that things can improve with my relationship. Thanks for sharing
Best

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Thank you for sharing this with us! You have very accurately described a natural sequence of events in the life of a married DL. I hope things continue to improve. Are you also hoping she'll indulge you in some ageplay, if that is something you're into?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Sleepybrandon
Thank you!! I think that things can only go well if there is honesty, thrust and love in a relationship.
I would love if she would indulge me into diapering me, or in doing things such as diaper checks, or stuff like that. I hope that she gets more involved... I am not too much into little-mode, I'm mostly DL, but I am learning to accept also my own little-boy side...

Last edited:
Congrats! That’s so awesome! I’ve had a very similar journey myself and I now wear almost every night, though admittedly because I want to and not because my wife is annoyed with me waking her up. It’s a great feeling and yours is especially great since it was her idea!

VERY JEALOUS- SORRY but true

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, NooNoo and nareh60280
thediaperedhusband said:
Congrats! That’s so awesome! I’ve had a very similar journey myself and I now wear almost every night, though admittedly because I want to and not because my wife is annoyed with me waking her up. It’s a great feeling and yours is especially great since it was her idea!
Thank you!! It really feels great to have this new level of acceptance... and more so because it came from her!! Although I would prefer if it would come from a place of just wanting to please me or something like that, instead of just an annoying toilet waking up... But I will take it either way! hahaha

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, ARBBB2 and Electrically
That's great! Such a hopeful story!

It must have been soul crushing when she initially rejected your DL side. Like you, I came out to my SO 3 years into my relationship; I think it would have ruined me if she had reacted negatively. I'm so happy that your wife was able to change her mind over time.

nareh60280 said:
Hello to all!

I wanted to share what happened recently with my wife....

Here is the summary:
A few weeks ago my wife said to me: "What if you sleep in a diaper? That way you won't wake me up at night to go to the bathroom...", I thought it was a joke, and I said "yeah yeah of course..." and I did nothing...

But last week she came into the bedroom and said, "So... are you ready to sleep in diapers tonight?". She was serious !!!... So, I put a diaper, and I slept (and wet) in diaper all night !!! The next morning, she told me that she liked that I did not wake her up... and as she knows that I like to sleep diapered... So I will now sleep in diapers every night! !! I'm very happy!!!

------------------------

The whole story is a bit long... If you want to read it, I put it next... I will try to be brief:

My wife and I have been together since we were 15 (we are now 29 and have been married for 5 years). I confessed to her my DL side 3 years after we started our relationship...

At first, she did not like the idea at all, she asked me to get rid of all my diapers and forget the subject... As I was young and without much wisdom, I wanted to please her... but you know how it works... The desire returns and sometimes stronger...

Well, little by little, and over the years, she began to accept my DL side it is an important part of me, I can identify the stages of her acceptance:

Before our wedding:
1- There was no acceptance at all.
2- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and we never talk about it.
3- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and sometimes we talk about it.
4- She accepts that I wear my diapers, but never in her presence, and we often talk about it... I start to tell my experiences... We stayed like that for about 5 years...

As we prepare for our wedding, I start to worry about how I'm going to wear "without her" when we get married, so we discuss it and reach level 5:

5- I can put my diapers in a drawer that she will never touch, but I can only wear them when she is not at home... and when I am at work or traveling... We stay like that for 2 years.

Then we had a fairly difficult stage... I started to have trouble with her level of acceptance. I started to get tired of having to remove my diaper every time she came home. I felt rejected, I felt like I had to hide my true side from my wife and lie to her every time... it was a horrible feeling that put me in depression for almost 1 year.

So, we arrived at level 6:

6- I can wear my diapers during the day, 3 times a week at work, and 1 time during the weekend in her presence, but within a very fixed schedule.

So this new arrangement was better, but I still felt bad, I wanted total acceptance, and without restrictions... I didn't want to wear diapers all the time, but I wanted to be free to wear when and where I wanted... My depression (also linked to problems in my job) didn't improve either. I sometimes wore my diapers outside of the "allowed" slots, and my wife got pissed off whenever she realized.

My wife and I then finally understood that the problem was the little honesty and trust that one had towards the other. One day, I promised not to hide anything from her anymore, and never to lie to her when I was wearing my diapers. And in return, she accepted that I wear my diapers when and where I want. So:

7- I can wear it whenever and wherever I want during the day. If she is not at home, I can wear only my diaper, but if she is there, I have to put on a pair of pants as a minimum. I can sleep in diapers when I am alone, but not if she is there.

My depression started to improve, also because of some changes in my job, and also because I started seeing a psychologist. I felt that I had found my ideal point. And our relationship was happier.

But then my wife started having her own depression and anxiety problems. She is not happy with her job and with other things in life. She also started having small urine urgencies and leakings, which increased her anxiety. She started putting on DryNites (by my advice), but she felt uncomfortable... We discovered that she had a urinary tract infection, she went to the doctor and the leaks were stopped, so she no longer wears DryNites.

Nevertheless, her anxiety continues until today (even if it is a little better), but that prevents her from sleeping well. She wakes up very easily, and the problem is that I go to the toilet several times (2 - 4) per night... So... A few weeks ago she said to me: "What if you sleep in a diaper so you won't wake me up anymore?... ", I thought it was a joke, and I said "yeah yeah of course..." and I did nothing....

But last week she came into the room and said, "So... are you ready to sleep in a diaper tonight?". She was serious !!!... So, I put a diaper, and I slept (and wet) in diaper all night !!! The next morning, she told me that she liked that I didn't wake her up to go to the bathroom, and since she knows I like to sleep diapered. So I will now sleep in diapers every night !!! I'm very happy!!!

8- I have to put on a diaper every night, under my pajamas, and if it is too hot, I can only stay in diapers. I can wear whenever and wherever I want during the day. If she is not there, I can stay only with just my diaper, but if she is there, I have to put on pants as a minimum.

I finally feel accepted as I am, and at the level that I want:)… I know that part of her sleeping problems come from her anxiety, and I hope it improves for her... But I want stay in level 8 of its acceptance. We spent a lot of time and a lot of problems to reach this level, and I hope it does not change, even if her anxiety improves and she gets to sleep well, I always want to sleep in diapers...

Well.. This is my experience! What do you think?

Congratulations on your new dynamic. Unfortunately I’m a few steps behind you. Married 12yrs. Been on depression meds for the last 3yrs. I started to wear to work and I told her. I said I needed to somehow find some kind of outlet. I was hoping she would see how big this really was that I’d risk my coworkers finding out. On one hand I thought maybe just maybe that she would play with me to get it out of my system in order to not wear to work. No such luck, she just told me to wear the cloth backed diapers bc the others crinkle too much. I wear to bed maybe once a month but that means she really doesn’t talk to me...basically ignoring that I’m there...or so it feels like. I know the road where you’ve been and I’m glad to see your wife has come around. It gives me a little hope. Hopefully your relationship will keep progressing to where you want it to be.

J
iwearattends said:
Congratulations on your new dynamic. Unfortunately I’m a few steps behind you. Married 12yrs. Been on depression meds for the last 3yrs. I started to wear to work and I told her. I said I needed to somehow find some kind of outlet. I was hoping she would see how big this really was that I’d risk my coworkers finding out. On one hand I thought maybe just maybe that she would play with me to get it out of my system in order to not wear to work. No such luck, she just told me to wear the cloth backed diapers bc the others crinkle too much. I wear to bed maybe once a month but that means she really doesn’t talk to me...basically ignoring that I’m there...or so it feels like. I know the road where you’ve been and I’m glad to see your wife has come around. It gives me a little hope. Hopefully your relationship will keep progressing to where you want it to be.
I totally understand your "basically ignoring that I'm there" feeling... I've been there. Just don't give up, and be honest with her, maybe share what acceptance means to you, and share your feelings. My wife never touches my diaper (I would love to receive some diapered butt pats, or diaper checks), but she hugs me and holds my hand when I'm diapered in bed, and that's good enough for me for now...

I'd love to get a hug while diapered.

So... a couple of updates!:

A couple of days ago, my wife asked about "technical details" of my diapers... So I asked her if she wanted to see some of them, and she replied: "Do you want me to see them?"... I've always wanted her to kind of see them, or touch them... So I gave her a "Tykables Cammies", a "Rearz Safari", and an "Abena M4"... She had never grabbed an adult diaper (except from the Drynites and Lady Pull-ups that she wears from time to time), so she remarked "They are pretty thick!!" But I felt like in a dream because of her acceptance!!

Then, yesterday... When I was diapered and wearing PJ's before getting to bed, she told me that I look kind of tired from this new job I have, she told me that some times my face looks kind of scary... So I told her that I'm actually pretty harmless... And I added "maybe if you remember that I'm wearing a diaper I would look less scary to you..." In that momeht she replied: "Let me see", and in that very momment she pulled my pants from behind!!! Revealing my PlayDayz diaper!!! which she padded and said "No.. It's a white diaper... it's not as cute and innocent..." But then I turned to the other side, revealing the printed colored cars from my PlayDayz... and added "Here, look at it from this side..." Hahaha I was dying in a mixture of embarassment, joy, happiness, acceptance, love... she finally replied "Ok, if you look at me while showing that side, it looks kind of cute..."

I feel that I am finally happy with my marriage, no more hiding, no more secrets... It only took lots of patience, opening my heart and feelings, and sincere and honest communication.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, 49beachdipe, Safariwolf and 5 others
I feel your story is a important lesson about patience in a relationship.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Electrically
Sounds like a really good situation. My wife was very accepting of my diaper wearing and would sometimes pat my diapered butt.

matt1989 said:
I feel your story is a important lesson about patience in a relationship.
Thank you! Indeed, I think patience is essential for this kind of things in a relationship.

dogboy said:
Sounds like a really good situation. My wife was very accepting of my diaper wearing and would sometimes pat my diapered butt.
It must be one of the best feelings! hahaha

• Love
Thanks for sharing and I totally understand what you have gone through. There is a lot of what you have gone through that I have gone through as well. The one difference is when I became bladder incontinent and had to wear 24/7 she at first thought I might be faking it.

It didn't take long for her to understand I wasn't faking it. It did take some time for me to get to where I am today, able to be just in my diaper only when at home. When she started asking me to put pants/shorts on over my diapers I asked her if I was sitting here in "normal" underwear, would you ask me to put pants/shorts on, and she said no, at that point I explained that my diapers are my underwear, underwear is underwear all though mine gets changed more often. Once she accepted my diapers as my underwear, she is o.k. with me just wearing diapers around the house.

Keep up the great communications you have with your wife. It sounds like you and your wife have lots more years of loving each other together and enjoying your time with each other, no matter what you are wearing.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and 49beachdipe
Interesting journey.

I feel like I've actually gone backwards a bit in my dl acceptance.

My fiancée has known for maybe 3 or 4 years now. At first we could more or less talk about it. She'd ask questions. She said she'd prefer if I didn't have this fetish but also understood it wasn't a choice and that it's just part of me and overall it's harmless. The only "rule" was it has to be covered. She inspected my diaper collection a few times curious at how many different diapers there are. Patted my butt occasionally.

But then I asked her to wear one once. She vehemently declined. Said she would never do that. Not angry just, very firm. She said that she would just never feel the same way about diapers as I do. Which is obviously true. I just figured if it's harmless why not just try for giggles..

After that I felt pretty awkward. I'm pretty shy about it now. We definitely don't talk about it anymore. I feel like I have to hide it now. If she notices I'm wearing a diaper she'll just kind of leave me alone, go to another room and read a book or something.

I realize communication is key. It's just so hard. I choke on the words just thinking about it.

• Sad
Thanks for sharing your story.
I can wear sometimes (when I’m massaging her feet) and can wear overnight since she threw me out of her bed because I snore. Only time I can wear just a tshirt and a diaper is for my birthday although I know she doesn’t like it and tries to stay away from me.
i wish my sissy side was able to be accepted - she can‘t handle that at all. As much as I would love to wear my rhumbas and a t-shirt I’m not sure if I could handle anyone seeing me. So perhaps issues on both of our parts on the sissy aspects.
We don’t communicate like you do and I don’t think she would ever pat me on my diapered butt so I am way behind. Great job on both of your parts!

Thank you al for your comments!
checkingoutall, ej24, and Kayleigh: Just keep being patient and honest with your significant others... I feel that it is important to express what your true feelings towards diaper and your partners is the key.

A new update:

So... With the recent lock-down we are all having. I have a new routine with my wife... We get up, I stay in my night time diaper (usually a Tykables) until it gets saturated, I then change to big boy underwear until around 8pm, then I shower after working out, and put my night time diaper... Usually, we dine while watching TV, I'm usually padded at this point.

So... apparently... every time we finish diner (in the couch), and I get up, my wife has the new habit of pulling down my pants a little bit while I'm standing up... revealing a bit of my diaper... Then she proceeds to ask what my print is about... hehehe. This is actually pretty awesome for me. She thinks that the Tykables wetness indicators are petty cool (stars that disappear, meteor fire that gets extinguished, or camouflage that changes)...

I love this new diaper-related dynamic

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, checkingoutall and NooNoo
I am so happy that your wife has come around and is now so accepting. It's always great to hear that. I do wonder though how people do a complete 180 like that. You had years of hard times with her not accepting and now she's become a completely different person in less than a year. It astounds me and makes me hope that everyone could have this turn around in their relationships that have unaccepting partners.

I know if that were me in that relationship, stage 1 would of been the end of relationship for me. It's too risky to get married on the whim they might one day accept it. There is good and bad with stories like these. The good is what you experienced Nareh, the partner eventually changes their mind, opens their heart and it becomes so much better. However the bad should never be overlooked. We should never convince ourselves that if they aren't accepting then all we have to do is just wait and they'll come round (just follow Nareh's 8 step process! haha). The sad reality is that, as many on this site would probably testify, sometimes they never come around. You were incredibly lucky there mate and I fear what would have happened if she never came around and you never got to feel like you do now.

I'll admit hearing your experiences, I am kind of jealous of your relationship as it stands now but I am also super happy that you are where you are now. Enjoy it 😄

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back