New Hampshire Diaper Spa news story

pampersman

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Channel 7 news in Boston had a story on tv and its website this morning about what they call a “diaper spa” opening in NH. I don’t know if it is ok to link to, but you can find the article and video on whdh.com. The article title is: ”diaper-spa-in-nh-catering-to-adults-with-trauma-raises-eyebrows-concerns”,

I read the article and it seems like some townsfolk are trying to shut it down “to protect the children”.

• Thinking
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, mistykitty and soggybottoms8882
I just did an internet search of the entire hyphenated phrase and came up with a number of results. One was a paywalled newspaper article but it appears that the article was put on reddit and available from another link, in addition to other results returned from that search.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
The Diaper Spa.

If anybody's visited, I hope they'll share their experiences. :)

I wish them well. The website could definitely do with some refinement. Chief among the offenses (IMO) is the Reflections section. I can't tell whether it's trying to be a primer for muggles, a resource for the community, or just bait for search engines. Regardless, while having a clearly deliberate air of authority and being very wordy, it manages to say almost nothing. Given that a business like this was (unfortunately) bound get negative publicity, it would've been nice to see an attempt at explaining what ABDL is, prominently placed and written in a straightforward, conversational fashion. That might've earned a few citations in the news stories.

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty, RaawrrrPincess and Kinkybabynicky
I see the stigma of abdl = pedophiles is alive and well in New Hampshire

I hope one day people understand the difference between wanting to be baby's / kids vs wanting to touch baby's & kids
but I won't hold my breath

• Sad
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, TigerDL, Jk95 and 2 others
Because we need new reasons to beat plowshares into swords, light torches and march to a 'moral victory'. The older reasons are now embraced.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand." --Neil Peart/Rush, "Witch Hunt (Part III of 'Fear')"

Reactions: mistykitty
I read this article. What I don’t understand is why the owner didn’t also say that they needed to be 18 years or older. And that it’s not just open to the public and by appt only. It’s bad enough that muggle people automatically think “pedo” when they discover an ABDL person. Of course the article publishers didn’t do us any favors either.

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
Kinkybabynicky said:
I read this article. What I don’t understand is why the owner didn’t also say that they needed to be 18 years or older. And that it’s not just open to the public and by appt only. It’s bad enough that muggle people automatically think “pedo” when they discover an ABDL person. Of course the article publishers didn’t do us any favors either.
You'll be amazed what the media leaves out of a story. Intentionally. It's like they zoom in just enough to get everything else around that matters out of view. Or they cut equally-vital stuff out in Editing and 75% of the story dies on the Cutting Room floor.

Do you ever see news video of the South Lawn of the White House? How pastoral, how pristine, how regal and grand it all looks? I've been to DC...I've been there, I saw it...and more: I saw the surrounding buildings of a packed capital. I saw buildings upon buildings, I saw nearly a dozen construction cranes dotting the skyline...I saw iron fences, concrete barricades, barbed wire, chain link, cops on a blocked-off road that passes on the south side of the fence of the South Lawn. The newsmedia won't show you that. We're being fooled in our ignorance.

It's the same way with other events: the newsmedia crops away, trims away not only imagery but words; they omit, they alter context. They're not informing anymore as much as they're going for an effect...bad puns, instigation. They're trying for their own chunk of mind control of the masses. We are their guinea pigs; we're being manipulated.

George Carlin forgot one bad player in his "Great American Okey-Doke": the news & entertainment media. They don't care about us, about you, me...about anyone. They're in it for themselves. There's ratings, there's prizes to be won, boasted. Don't count on the media one bit.

We are completely on our own here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeDisneyBaby, DiaperSpa, TheGrimmRetails and 2 others
pampersman said:
Channel 7 news in Boston had a story on tv and its website this morning about what they call a “diaper spa” opening in NH. I don’t know if it is ok to link to, but you can find the article and video on whdh.com. The article title is: ”diaper-spa-in-nh-catering-to-adults-with-trauma-raises-eyebrows-concerns”,

I read the article and it seems like some townsfolk are trying to shut it down “to protect the children”.
Do you have any links to the website?

BabyBoyDevin said:
Do you have any links to the website?
on the other thread about this the spa owners has a link in her/his profile

Cottontail said:
The Diaper Spa.

If anybody's visited, I hope they'll share their experiences. :)

I wish them well. The website could definitely do with some refinement. Chief among the offenses (IMO) is the Reflections section. I can't tell whether it's trying to be a primer for muggles, a resource for the community, or just bait for search engines. Regardless, while having a clearly deliberate air of authority and being very wordy, it manages to say almost nothing. Given that a business like this was (unfortunately) bound get negative publicity, it would've been nice to see an attempt at explaining what ABDL is, prominently placed and written in a straightforward, conversational fashion. That might've earned a few citations in the news stories.
I agree there should be information for concerned individuals, the only way we will overcome ignorance is through education and compassion.

Reactions: DiaperSpa and Cottontail
"...raises eyebrows, concerns"...

The newsmedia really knows how to spin down anger & hatred, don't they? #agenda

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperSpa
Kinkybabynicky said:
The issue is once they get the information (wherever from) the media owns it and can portray it however. The problem lies with the fact that stuff that has negativity attached to it sells better and gets more attention.

Reactions: DiaperSpa and BobbiSueEllen
mistykitty said:
The issue is once they get the information (wherever from) the media owns it and can portray it however. The problem lies with the fact that stuff that has negativity attached to it sells better and gets more attention.
And thus increases greatly-coveted ratings...and the prospects for awards. "Shucks, just doin' mah jorb!"...

Guess a job done well is no longer its own reward.

Now I wonder when Westboro Baptist is gonna show up...

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
And thus increases greatly-coveted ratings...and the prospects for awards. "Shucks, just doing my job!"...

Guess a job done well is no longer its own reward.
"Just doing my job" is an excuse they use so they don't feel as bad about the people they hurt in the process.

Reactions: DiaperSpa and BobbiSueEllen
mistykitty said:
"Just doing my job" is an excuse they use so they don't feel as bad about the people they hurt in the process.
Indeed. Because sometimes, some feast well on others' misery. #schadenfreude

Last edited:
Wha
chamberpot said:
on the other thread about this the spa owners has a link in her/his profile
ts the name of the other thread?

Yay more negative publicity!

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Kinkybabynicky said:
I actually said that they need to be 21 +. Just my own rule. They asked me why I had age restrictions and a policy for no weapons, drugs, or cigarettes. I said I didn’t think that was that unusual and that I took my business and responsibility seriously and cared about the safety of my clients, community, and business. Of course they edited all of that out.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, DiaperedG and RaawrrrPincess
DiaperSpa said:
I actually said that they need to be 21 +. Just my own rule. They asked me why I had age restrictions and a policy for no weapons, drugs, or cigarettes. I said I didn’t think that was that unusual and that I took my business and responsibility seriously and cared about the safety of my clients, community, and business. Of course they edited all of that out.
Of course they did. It not only doesn't fit into their allotted time, it doesn't fit into their agenda. Actions sell, words don't. Pulitzer Prizes & ratings.

Back