Netball Skirts

I remember these from the late 90s.

Sometimes when I was being punished I was made to wear my sister’s school uniform to do my homework. Often that would include her netball skirt rather than her regular school skirt, as it was so much shorter.

I remember fumbling with the clasp that went over a kind of nylon runner to hold the skirt in place.

It was terribly humiliating at the time, but now I love my schoolgirl uniforms, and I managed to find a little pleated skirt just like the ones I wore as a child.

• Love
Reactions: ozzy4605, Chrissie, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
I have a dark blue wrap around tennis skirt with a pouch for the ball.

1baby said:
Who here loves the traditional wrap around pleated netball skirt? These were very common in the 70's through to the 90's. They were worn for netball, school sports and also as part of girls school uniforms.
View attachment 115003 View attachment 115005

I wore my sisters when we were playing dress ups when I was a young boy. I thought they were comfortable to wear and cute.

Did you ever wear one when you were a child? Why or when did you wear one? Do you still wear them now? Did you also wear the netball knickers under it? i think these are still a fun and cute item to wear.
Ooooh happy memories ! and many a wet dream !! 🥰 ❤️ :love:

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Ali123 said:
What’s a bubble romper? It sounds awesome!
If you look up on a British website for toddlers bubble rompers you will see a one piece short suit with buttons down the back and the bottom is like bloomer style. With the gym suits at our school the buttons were down the front but the bottoms were just like bloomers. I understand that most girls hated wearing them because it looked childish and the reason I loved it. well that and remembering how embarrassed I was wearing it in front of the girls gym class as all the boys had gone in by the time we changed and were running the track. I expect that is exactly what the coach was aiming for with our punishment.

Reactions: Sissyleslie and Seasonedcitizen
Back in my day ( 1970s ) it was a very short pleated skirt and navy blue gym knickers and if any boys forgot their gym kit you had to stay behind and sit on the bench and watch the girls while the others went of to get tired and sweaty ... oh how forgetful i was 🤪

Reactions: Chrissie, sgheather, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 2 others
Always loved them. Wish I had some place to wear them.

Angelapinks said:
If you look up on a British website for toddlers bubble rompers you will see a one piece short suit with buttons down the back and the bottom is like bloomer style. With the gym suits at our school the buttons were down the front but the bottoms were just like bloomers. I understand that most girls hated wearing them because it looked childish and the reason I loved it. well that and remembering how embarrassed I was wearing it in front of the girls gym class as all the boys had gone in by the time we changed and were running the track. I expect that is exactly what the coach was aiming for with our punishment.
How exquisitely humiliating for you.

I did look them up. They look like a baby’s romper suit! No wonder the girls hated wearing them!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Angelapinks
Ali123 said:
How exquisitely humiliating for you.

I did look them up. They look like a baby’s romper suit! No wonder the girls hated wearing them!
I would wear it in cooler weather under my slacks and a sweater & coat so it would be hidden. Of course I would be wearing several pairs of plastic pants as well covered by my Ballet tights. Cannot remember ever being discovered dressed like this.

Reactions: Chrissie, Seasonedcitizen and Ali123
michaelmc said:
Back in my day ( 1970s ) it was a very short pleated skirt and navy blue gym knickers and if any boys forgot their gym kit you had to stay behind and sit on the bench and watch the girls while the others went of to get tired and sweaty ... oh how forgetful i was 🤪
Oh dear me...what a terrible punishment...!

• Haha
Reactions: Davvyboy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 1 other person
1baby said:
Who here loves the traditional wrap around pleated netball skirt? These were very common in the 70's through to the 90's. They were worn for netball, school sports and also as part of girls school uniforms.

I wore my sisters when we were playing dress ups when I was a young boy. I thought they were comfortable to wear and cute.

Did you ever wear one when you were a child? Why or when did you wear one? Do you still wear them now? Did you also wear the netball knickers under it? i think these are still a fun and cute item to wear.
I always liked a short skirt as part of my uniform, so netball wrap round skirts were ideal. Secondhand shops were a good source. I have skirts in all the school colours, so that I could choose what colour I wanted to wear. And of course, the knickers were an important part of the image. Cotton in an appropriate colour for the skirt of the day.

• Love
Reactions: Nappyboybob, michaelmc and Angelapinks
1baby said:

They are nice to look at 😉!

Reactions: michaelmc and Angelapinks
If a boy has nicely shaped legs, he can look quite pretty in one. One thing I noticed when wearing a skirt or dress is that I lose the impulse to flirt with girls; at the same time I become conscious of which boys are watching me. Anyone have similar reactions?😘

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Ali123 and Angelapinks
The thing about those rompers (bubble or otherwise) was they were fitted for the female body with a short torso length.
Result was a tight fitting pinching crotch assembly leaving the possibility for skid marks and possibly well defined butt
encasement then the testicles being divided by said crotch seam. Even if in one or two sizes bigger that same torso
length still applied. Bending over would not be a comfortable experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and michaelmc
babylock1 said:
The thing about those rompers (bubble or otherwise) was they were fitted for the female body with a short torso length.
Result was a tight fitting pinching crotch assembly leaving the possibility for skid marks and possibly well defined butt
encasement then the testicles being divided by said crotch seam. Even if in one or two sizes bigger that same torso
length still applied. Bending over would not be a comfortable experience.
That is the problem for men trying to wear feminine clothing. Unless you have a short torso, they don’t fit comfortable.

i want a net ball skirt and tennis skirt or dress xxx

• Love
I had my first ever orgasm while trying on my sister’s pleated wrap-around netball skirt and her school uniform knickers. I still absolutely love wearing netball kit (short pleated skirt, nylon gym knickers and polo shirt, all in matching colours), although I am only very rarely allowed to have an orgasm while wearing it.

Reactions: 1baby, Nappyboybob and Seasonedcitizen
IMG_3283.JPG
Happy Days I have six more different colours and size's

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueboy, Nappyboybob, Ali123 and 3 others
lupin said:
Perfect fitting netball skirt - the length is ideal for most all athletic purposes.
A rear view would show the fine small knife pleats the notable feature of this type of skirt.
The front apron closing is smaller than a kilt

This type of skirt is normally fasten with a velcro strip (inside the right side waist) anchoring one side of the apron
and then on the left outer side a sliding clasp - - -
BUT this type modeled by lupin appears to have a button type closure.
The velcro and button closing may limit the waist adjustment.

Minor critic - that kilt pin (very large safety pin) is a bit overkill and should have been positioned with the opening at the bottom (reason
if the kilt pin is inadvertently opened it would fall free of the garment and may be lost) and the weighted (heavy) end should be the at
the bottom for maximum effect.

We were supposed to wear them but we all just wore shorts 😂😂

• Sad
Back