Nervous about ABDL meetings IRL

MullbG

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Hi guys ive been ABDL my whole life but only more openly recently. Was wondering how ABDL meets go and if people can share their experiences. I'm married and live in France primarily so was wondering if there were any french or european ABDL people up for hanging about.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
Never been to one, planning on going to my first next month, both excited and terrified in equal measure!

Reactions: ChrisK
I've only been to one but I found it to be a really fun expereince. Everyone tends to be very friendly and approachable as you're all there to have a good time and you know you're not going to be attacked or shamed for being little or wearing nappies, onesies and having a dummy or bottle etc.

It's true that to begin with I was also excited and terrified in eqaul measure, but the fear quickly subsides when you start making conversation with others and realise you're all on a similar wavelength. And of course, when you end up all getting stuck into building a castle out of cardboard boxes, it's just simple fun that you end up missing being big all the time. Most people tend to dip in and out of being little, sometimes you'll find yourself just chatting with someone at the side while other times you'll be full on engaged in colouring in, or playing with your plushies or just being little with others. It really is a lovely experience to just be you and be around everyone else having a great time too.

Reactions: BigKid25, Angelapinks and MullbG
UK has apparently a much more active scene compared to France i guess.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I went to my first munch a few months ago. It was a bit odd at first, but eventually you grow more comfortable and it becomes fun. I have a bunch of new little friends from it, and I hope to find more 😊

Reactions: BigKid25 and Angelapinks
😭 i want some little friends too

BiCouple1980 said:
Never been to one, planning on going to my first next month, both excited and terrified in equal measure!
I agree totally

Reactions: medfet878
The first time will be nerve-wracking. My first meetup was a one-on-one (in a public place) with another ADISCer in my area. Nice guy, we had a good lunch together, but smaller meetups like that definitely increase the chances of awkwardness. At one point, I was meeting up with other ABDLs almost monthly (larger group) and that was great. I didn't go in expecting to find somebody to RP with or anything like that. It was just to socialize and put faces to names.

Meeting in public places is definitely the way to go until you become better acquainted with people. Of course, there's always the chance that somebody will be disrespectful and draw negative attention, but I've never experienced that firsthand. People were obviously wearing diapers (nothing poking out, though), and some wore arguably kiddish clothing, but it was never to a level that I felt was inappropriate or that made me feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: medfet878, BigKid25 and MullbG
In theory I’d love to meet people IRL but I’m not sure I’m brave enough. I live in Sweden and the scene doesn’t seem massive here in the south. More in Stockholm but that’s a 5 hour train journey away… good luck when you do

Reactions: medfet878 and MullbG
I've been to two meetings, and it was bizarre & surreal - but not in a bad way. Seeing a bunch of people, of all ages, identities, races, etc, having normal conversations while wearing AB/DL stuff was an experience I'd never had. If you can go, you should.

Reactions: medfet878, BigKid25 and MullbG
I've been to lots of events in the past aimed specifically at the abdl community.
At first its very nerve racking. But the events i went to were so welcoming and within 20 minutes i was playing with new people just like me.
Its liberating to be you for a few hours with other people who are like you.
If you get the chance do it.

It has its up and downs. I used to meet the Cleveland Littles group called the Toy Box. Had a great time, met a girl.

Personal meet ups have been mostly lack luster for me. Lots of awkwardness. Lots of selfishness. The littles I’ve meet probably 10 or so seem to only want to be the baby and not ever return the favor.

Reactions: SleepyTyrant and MullbG
Str88jacketabdl said:
Personal meet ups have been mostly lack luster for me. Lots of awkwardness. Lots of selfishness. The littles I’ve meet probably 10 or so seem to only want to be the baby and not ever return the favor.
This 👆

Reactions: odd1inSyde
CB and I did kind of a munch thing I guess it was with another couple here in Reno. It wasn’t what we expected and we have decided that this couple “ themselves” have some etiquette to work on.

I apparently was the only big and this couple a little to loudly for my liking asked one to many times if I would be interested in being a caregiver.

I wish them well but wasn’t my favorite experience.

I am usually the biggest EXTRAvert and even I was nervous meeting up with others at a munch.

The first munch I went to I was wearing a New Orleans Saints shirt. Someone asked if I'm into football, and it broke the ice. I really haven't shut up since.

One of my biggest recos is wear something from a movie, music, sports, etc...that you like. It's a small conversation starter.

Reactions: surprise35 and BenNevis
BobaFettish said:
I am usually the biggest EXTRAvert and even I was nervous meeting up with others at a munch.

The first munch I went to I was wearing a New Orleans Saints shirt. Someone asked if I'm into football, and it broke the ice. I really haven't shut up since.

One of my biggest recos is wear something from a movie, music, sports, etc...that you like. It's a small conversation starter.
Yes, couldn't agree more that it's important to begin talking about other topics to get the conversation going. I also tend to be an extrovert but was intensely nervous (I was shaking) before my first meet up/munch. I found topics like movies, TV. music and sports helped the whole thing so much as a first timer I knew no one so I didn't even know where to begin. Often though you can sense the hosts or people most likely to be welcoming, gravitate to them and allow them to welcome you too.
Honestly for me the five meet ups I went to were incredible, my dream come true to actually have a community that is equally or even more into it than I am. I haven't been to one in almost 4 years and miss it dearly.

It can be fun-you just have to find the right group.

PyjamaBoyBlue said:
In theory I’d love to meet people IRL but I’m not sure I’m brave enough. I live in Sweden and the scene doesn’t seem massive here in the south. More in Stockholm but that’s a 5 hour train journey away… good luck when you do
Hej! Läste just denna tråden och såg att du också är svensk och bor i södra sverige. Hade varit kul att prata mer med någon med samma intresse :)

Axel said:
Hej! Läste just denna tråden och såg att du också är svensk och bor i södra sverige. Hade varit kul att prata mer med någon med samma intresse :)
Hej Axel. Jag är inte svensk, men jag bor i Malmö. Jag pratar lite svenska. Du bor också i södra Sverige?

PyjamaBoyBlue said:
Hej Axel. Jag är inte svensk, men jag bor i Malmö. Jag pratar lite svenska. Du bor också i södra Sverige?
Jaha okej! Ja det stämmer, bor i blekinge👍

Reactions: PyjamaBoyBlue
Back