Nappy covers

Tenaman

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am incontinent following a spinal injury and wear Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit adult nappies 24/7. I find that at night I sometimes leak when lying on my side and just recently have had problems with pin prick holes in the waterproof outer and leaks at the sides during the day. Can anyone recommend a lightly absorbent nappy cover that i can wear over my disposable nappy to catch the leaks. I have some Gary terry lined waterproof pants but they are quite bulky over a disposable during the day and also get quite hot at night.

Reactions: Edgewater
Tenaman said:
I am incontinent following a spinal injury and wear Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit adult nappies 24/7. I find that at night I sometimes leak when lying on my side and just recently have had problems with pin prick holes in the waterproof outer and leaks at the sides during the day. Can anyone recommend a lightly absorbent nappy cover that i can wear over my disposable nappy to catch the leaks. I have some Gary terry lined waterproof pants but they are quite bulky over a disposable during the day and also get quite hot at night.
You could wear an unlined waterproof cover of your choice, with a pair of cotton underwear between the diaper and the cover. It would be lighter than a terrycloth lining.

I have read of pinprick holes being from tightly compressing the diapers when packaged at the factory, causing SAP crystals to poke the outer layers/backstreets of the diapers, and that unpacking the diapers and letting them rest on a shelf for a few days lets the pinprick holes close up.
It might be worth a try.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and Edgewater
AttilaThePun said:
You could wear an unlined waterproof cover of your choice, with a pair of cotton underwear between the diaper and the cover. It would be lighter than a terrycloth lining.

I have read of pinprick holes being from tightly compressing the diapers when packaged at the factory, causing SAP crystals to poke the outer layers/backstreets of the diapers, and that unpacking the diapers and letting them rest on a shelf for a few days lets the pinprick holes close up.
It might be worth a try.
I have a very long history of wearing diaper covers and truly believe in them since I started in cloth flat diapers long ago. Not been a fan of Terry cloth liners for the reasons stated above.

I have heard about pinprick holes in disposable diapers, but must admit, have not heard that they can self-heal by allowing them to rest (fluff-open). Hope I never get in a position to try that! But, thanks for the Hint!!

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Constantlydamp
Back