Nappies reviews i have used recently

mechanicX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Recently I have been using different nappies from the local pharmacy and also the ABU ones avaliable I did abit of a panic buy recently when I had some exploration exam which for 2 week was exstemely messy.

So firstly I use Tena pulls , ABU cushies I think there called with hook at loop.

So the tena pull ups where useless. The leaked and held practically nothing.. , at the hight of the hospital visits I had a number of undesirable accidents and they where awful.

The next time I used the Abu cushies 6000ml and they where much better BUT they where soooo hot I would sweat and they would be very uncomfortable very fast. That and being very bulky and if I had to clean my self up they certainly got in the way. , that mixed with everything else going on down stairs it was not a good mix.

Next I went too 4000ml , that held also but for some reason the hook and loops wouldn't stay correctly. They did hold alot , again very got but not as the 6000. These ones where much easier too get off and was my go too while I was leaking for almost another 2 weeks afterwards.

Fast forward to now , I now have an infection down stairs (rear) and some sort of stomach bug. , I have some antibiotics and some cream to try and clear that up. I have had 2 abu cushies today the first did hold well although that blow out was quite abit. , the second which I am currently in is still got some life left. , I do have another pack but its a none hook and loop it's sticky things , which I did try out in a blind panic and I ruined the tab thing which inturn messed up the nappy. And well the bed sheets too.

Anyway hopefully you made it too the end of this post. , I figured maybe other people might want to know.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Neroforte and Edgewater
You have proven one of the long standing realities of being IC! Never use a product you have not fully tested!!

Product comparisons are always difficult as what works for one individual may or may not for another because of body style, normal fluids capacity requirements, variations between products in cut, style, features and actual capacity.

Sorry that you had such poor results with your forced testing. With hope, you now have a change to test out the Premium diapers available to you in your market!

Hope that your "exploration exam" provided positive results!!

Reactions: Neroforte
Edgewater said:
You have proven one of the long standing realities of being IC! Never use a product you have not fully tested!!

Product comparisons are always difficult as what works for one individual may or may not for another because of body style, normal fluids capacity requirements, variations between products in cut, style, features and actual capacity.

Sorry that you had such poor results with your forced testing. With hope, you now have a change to test out the Premium diapers available to you in your market!

Yup agree test before because the bad surprise can be very bad trip.

Reactions: Edgewater
Following on I tried the sticky taped (again ) nappies today as I had abit of flare up when I returned from the gym. And there much cooler when being worn with jeans on. , and I didn't notice before that they don't sag much when being worn which is a plus. But the sticky tabs do not appear to last long from adjustments. And there is minimal bulge at the front but the front is very plastic crunchy which is a little annoying. If I try others I'll update further.

Reactions: Lethdale and Edgewater
Edgewater said:

So far there checking for cancer , inflammation, calcification , and some other stuff I can't even pronounce. Currently I'm awaiting further info although I did have some good news I don't have cancer which is a relief.

• Love
Furthering on the taped nappies I have are awful i was hot and bothered most of the night , and to top it off they unstuck when I was in bed. And I leaked abit on the sheets. ( very messy)

Today Currently I have the velcro style nappie one on. And I felt somthing on downstairs and it caught it all , although messy but at least it's not all over the floor. Or in my jeans or somthing. I think 2500ml is abit over kill for the moment , I might try some thinner 1500ml and see if that's easier and more discreet.

Back