Nappies R Us seem to be out a lot of stock?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What's happening?

Have you contacted Nappies R Us about why there is a lot of out of stock?

I contacted them about why they were constantly out of stock for terry nappies. Response was they have no plans to restock. When I asked why they said down to supply issues. Don’t known why they keep them on the product listing.

• Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner
Since good old ‘Blighty’ left the EU there are still multiple issues in the supply chain, even effecting items not sourced within the EU but passing through it.

It has caused my business endless problems and stress since Brexit.

• Sad
Reactions: InconLifer and Belarin
Yeah there is the whole Brexit issue and while most places are now caught up and back on track after Covid there are the odd supply issues.

But I think one of the problems right now for companies like NRU and ABU etc. Is simply that it's Christmas time, a lot of them will be closed over Christmas - new year (I know ABU and NRU are as I had the emails to say so).

As such a lot more customers than usual will be buying more products to last over that period, especially when you consider that those people will also probably be having time off over the holiday period themselves and may be planning to wear nappies more than usual because they will be at home and it is a "special" time so they are buying more of the cute AB nappies to have fun with as a kind of present to themselves.

It's not just the customers for those companies either but all ABDL/IC folk around the world buying extra diapers to last over the holiday while the suppliers are closed puts an extra strain on retailers like NRU from getting enough stock in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193
It's something I certainly noticed after Brexit was finalised at the end of 2019. I never needed to stock up massively before due to next day delivery and how readily available products were. Nowadays I keep a huge stock at home as I can never be sure that products will be in stock when I run out. I wonder if that's also a factor that people tend to be stocking up due to this and ordering more thus compounding the problem.

DLmikey said:
Since good old ‘Blighty’ left the EU there are still multiple issues in the supply chain, even effecting items not sourced within the EU but passing through it.

It has caused my business endless problems and stress since Brexit.

This was my main suspicion as that's when everything seemed to change stock wise. Sorry to hear about the impact it's had on your business.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193
There are lots of issues with manufacturing, shipping and global supply chains. Brexit hasn't helped but you cant just blame that as the same problem is happening in other countries too.

NRU are very helpful if you email them and ask when things are likely to be back in stock.

Reactions: Furrytum
I dislike Brexit as much as anyone else, but could it just be that a lot of stuff has sold out from the Black Friday - Cyber Monday sales?

I just been on nru site looking for some megamax. nearly everything I look at- out of stock.

all the nappies i buy apart from one are out stock i cant beleive it as i only have 2 left from my last order and didnt realise i was that low on them im gutted the last time they wer out of stock it was a few months b4 they restocked thing is its the cheapest place for me to buy in the uk im gutted ill order from the dotty diaper co like i usually do when i order from nru but it wont be the same xxx

DLJosie said:
all the nappies i buy apart from one are out stock i cant beleive it as i only have 2 left from my last order and didnt realise i was that low on them im gutted the last time they wer out of stock it was a few months b4 they restocked thing is its the cheapest place for me to buy in the uk im gutted ill order from the dotty diaper co like i usually do when i order from nru but it wont be the same xxx
Depends on what brand exactly you want to get but there are some other options that might stock what you want and failing that there are places you can get say Tena Ultimas (plastic or cloth backed) that might tide you over till they restock.

If you let us know what it is you want to buy we may be able to find other stockists.

Reactions: DLJosie
Belarin said:
Depends on what brand exactly you want to get but there are some other options that might stock what you want and failing that there are places you can get say Tena Ultimas (plastic or cloth backed) that might tide you over till they restock.

If you let us know what it is you want to buy we may be able to find other stockists.
its ok i have found another site to source some of what i want but thanks for your kind gesture ❤️ xxx

Reactions: Belarin
Ordered some unicorn nappies from them yesterday, arriving today by 1pm! Can’t wait!!!

Reactions: Furrytum
amycd said:
Ordered some unicorn nappies from them yesterday, arriving today by 1pm! Can’t wait!!!
Yeah I ordered stuff yesterday and it just arrived 😁

Belarin said:
Yeah I ordered stuff yesterday and it just arrived 😁
My unicorns are on and wet xx😁😁

Reactions: Belarin
amycd said:
My unicorns are on and wet xx😁😁
I have a Kiddo Teddies ultra on now and some daydreamers for later.

I got two packs of tenna maxi active fit and a pack of little kiddo sailor. Ordered late Friday arrived today.

Was window shopping last night and noticed that incontinence shop, who are a sister company to NRU are out of stock on almost all there medium and large nappies in anything but the lowest absorbency.
Lots of pullups and other stuff is also sold out, possibly hinting at cashflow problems?

HappyNappin said:
Was window shopping last night and noticed that incontinence shop, who are a sister company to NRU are out of stock on almost all there medium and large nappies in anything but the lowest absorbency.
Lots of pullups and other stuff is also sold out, possibly hinting at cashflow problems?
Nah this kinda thing happens quite often with them, I would say with how many times I've seen it that it hints at doing too much business more than cash flow issues and just underestimating sales or needing larger storage to purchase more supplies.

With the number of AB's in the UK and the fact NRU is basically the biggest supplier of AB nappies for them they are unlikely to be out of cash.

An alternative is the dotty diaper company, I have been using there's for sone time as NRU were always out of stock of what I wanted. Delivery is not as quick but there price and quality is excellent

Back