Name your favorite kids animation ,cartoon , kids program

michaelmc

Little Girl trapped in a mans body ... let's play!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
The choice off animation is a tough one because there are so many good ones and im an avid fan , the same goes for cartoons and programs .
The two programs that stick with me are Bagpus and Worzel Gumage 😁
my TV began with the likes off Bill and Ben the flower pot men and Lambchops ( black and white days ) but let's see what you add what gets you nostalgic ? 🤔

Reactions: JustAGirl and Sidewinder
A while back I noticed that while channel-surfing during commercials, I kept landing on the PBSKids channel. And then I found I wasn't getting back to what I was originally watching. Now all my favorite programs are on PBSKids.

"Molly of Denali" was the first program to capture my interest, and it's still #1: it's set in Alaska (a place I'd like to visit), topics are often taken from Nature (Nature is near and dear to me), and Molly's Mom is a bush pilot (I've spent a lot of time flying around in small airplanes). From my observation and what I've read in the press, and just because this is PBS, I'm satisfied that their portrayals of Nature and Native People are as accurate as you'll see on TV (all the voice actors who do the Native characters are, themselves, Native Alaskans). The writers don't seem to pay any attention to stereotypes, and aren't afraid to take on difficult topics, like people who have passed away or discrimination. Can you tell I'm a fan?

PBS's "Nature Cat" is my #2, again topics are taken from Nature. And "Odd Squad" is just good fun 😄.

Yeah, sure, this is "educational" TV and you might learn something if you're not careful, but that's a risk I'll take (y).

Neenihaal'yaa!

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz and michaelmc
Baby Looney tunes is my favorite.
Bear in the blue house

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen and michaelmc
Instead of watching news shows in the morning, like the Today Show, I enjoy watching Cocomellon and Disney Jr. which shows Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Fun House. I've also been watching a fair amount of Bluey.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen, JustAGirl and 1 other person
The Powerpuff Girls was my favorite show as a kid. Not so much because they were girls but because they were little girls beating up big, bad villains!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen, JustAGirl and 4 others
michaelmc said:
The choice of animation is a tough one because there are so many good ones and im an avid fan , the same goes for cartoons and programs .
my TV began with the likes off Bill and Ben the flower pot men and Lambchops ( black and white days ) but let's see what you add what gets you nostalgic ? 🤔
Like yourself, I'm also a cartoon buff in my own small way.

And being such, it's difficult to pick just one to be my all-time favorite as there are so many I like.

Reactions: JustAGirl and michaelmc
JaberandCamgar said:
The Powerpuff Girls was my favorite show as a kid.

Oh yeah! I liked them too. For a while I had three PC's at my desk at work, and I named them Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup. And the names fit: Blossom (I still have a machine with that name) was my regular Linux PC, the one I always counted on. Bubbles might be running any number of OS's or applications I was testing, so kind of flighty. Buttercup was the Windows PC I needed to have for some corporate applications (you can probably tell what I think of Windows).

How about Tiny Toon Adventures? And Animaniacs! I loved those!

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, JustAGirl, mistykitty and 3 others
I never saw those shows as a kid, though I got a taste of the Animaniacs much later on when my brother was streaming it.

Reactions: michaelmc
It used to be the original Scooby Doo but as I got older I realized the predictability of it all. I started to get into the original Johnny Quest but cancelled my Amazon Prime account. So just barely got into it. I got Star Trek the animated series and it was way too campy. Same voice cast as TOS but the storyline was garbage. They had to dumb it down for kids. I think I set my expectations as a continuation of TOS but animated.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen, JustAGirl and 2 others
I'm a Star Trek fan myself, and I've heard that the animated series of Star Trek was underrated. Although I guess as Scotty said in the episode "The Trouble with Tribbles," "Everyone's entitled to an opinion."

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen, Sidewinder and 1 other person
JaberandCamgar said:
I'm a Star Trek fan myself, and I've heard that the animated series of Star Trek was underrated. Although I guess as Scotty said in the episode "The Trouble with Tribbles," "Everyone's entitled to an opinion."
Im working my way through the Starwars animations on Disney so far im enjoying them ! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and LittleAndAlone
The lion king, can you tell? Lol
But also brother bear is a close second

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, BBBen, mistykitty and 1 other person
Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Pokémon (all originals)

A couple oddball ones I always liked growing up like The Little Prince and Adventures of the Little Koala, Tranzor Z, Voltron, ThunderCats

I was always into the 'rare exotic' stuff, it just hit different. The usual US stuff like Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry were too simpleton for me, I needed a sense story and adventure and emotional attachment.

I had no idea at the time of course, I couldn't have described what was different as a child. But it makes sense retrospectively that the good stuff originated from Japan. Big surprise my animation and video game preferences have always been Japan, JRPGs, Nintendo console games over US PC shooter games, etc. There's a level of story continuity, character development, and emotion in their stuff where most American cartoons are just short attention span slap stick, derp derp, and being gross.

Japan cartoons with all sorts of morals and values and tragic story stuff. Tales of friendship and sacrifice and courage and stuff with epic multi episode adventures with tear jerking cliffhangers. And then theres American cartoons in 15 minute shorts all like DERP DERP I PULLED A BOOGER FROM MY BRAIN!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty and michaelmc
LittleAndAlone said:
ThunderCats
I remember them! I think they were around about the same time as the SilverHawks. Tally-Hawk was my favorite character, of course 🦅.
They don't make 'em like that any more.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and michaelmc
JaberandCamgar said:
The Trouble With Tribbles is one of my favorite Star Trek episodes.

Along with (in no particular order) I Mudd, Shore Leave, Catspaw, The City on the Edge of Forever, A Piece of the Action, The Menagerie, and Patterns of Force.

Reactions: Sissyleslie, BBBen, michaelmc and 1 other person
My favorite shows as a kid are still my favorites. Some of my favorite little shows now include Super Monsters, Gabbie’s Playhouse, and Hello Kitty.

When I was a little kid, I would watch the black and white, silent cartoons which often were about ghosts, graveyards and skeletons. Even as a little kid, I loved scary cartoons and the occasional movie if I could sneak myself to the TV in the middle of the night without getting caught.

• Haha
Reactions: michaelmc, Sidewinder and JaberandCamgar
Sidewinder said:
Like yourself, I'm also a cartoon buff in my own small way.

And being such, it's difficult to pick just one to be my all-time favorite as there are so many I like.
Supplemental: Some (but not all of my favorite cartoons include (in no particular order)

Old-School Short Subject cartoons. (Popeye, Casper, Little Lulu, Superman, Betty Boop, Looney Tunes Felix The Cat, Little Lulu, etc)

The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Wally Gator, Touché Turtle,The Adventures of Tintin, Speed Racer, The Adventures of Jonny Quest, Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles, Wacky Races, The Jetsons, Astro Boy, Cyborg 009, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, The Smurfs, Dragon Ball, Duckman, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inspector Gadget, Sailor Moon, Cybersix, Fish Police, Cardcaptor Sakura, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beany and Cecil, The Littles, Action Man, The Little Flying Bears, The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, and Extreme Ghostbusters.

• Love
michaelmc said:
The choice off animation is a tough one because there are so many good ones and im an avid fan , the same goes for cartoons and programs .
Got to be early Scooby Doo for me

• Love
Seventy years ago a neighbor got two tickets for the Howdy Dooty show and took me with her son. I got to be in the Peanut Gallery. Thank you for giving me a great memory.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz, michaelmc and I12BLittle89
Back