My regression

EmX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have recently found that I have to indulge a lot more in my age regression to function in my day to day life and I'm trying to establish a stable routine.
I try to regress every weekend or at least every Sunday but I still struggle with that because the thought of regressing alone is sometimes a bit scary or boring but I really enjoy it when I actually do it and it gets easier every time.
I try to wear diapers at least all weekend, day and night although I don't always use them too.
I have recently bought a few cloth diapers and I really love them. More than disposables, even though I didn't wear them as a kid. They are just so thick and fluffy and they barely ever leak. I actually waddle like a toddler when wearing them and the bulge is barely concealable.
I'm pretty sure that my diaper is almost always very obvious at home since that makes me regress very deeply and my mom just doesn't care.
I have come out to my mom who is super accepting and who has already put my bottles in the dishwasher for me several times. I am still too scared to use my paci in front of her even though she said that she'd be fine with it and I sometimes really want my paci when I'm sitting in the kitchen. My mom has also already told me when my diaper was visible before I was going out. I think she doesn't do it around the house when we're alone though or maybe my diaper butt is not as visible as I fear.
I sleep with a paci every night now and it always stays in until morning. My jaw problems have improved too, it's not nearly as tense as it used to be.
I also love wearing these neckscarf-bibs. I feel like they look a lot like baby bibs but my parents think they look good on me and my father doesn't know of my regression so it can't be that bad.
I listen to a lot of kids audiobooks and music now and I really enjoy it.
I have started to watch a show before bed that every toddler in my country watches before bedtime and it is very nice and relaxing and it makes me feel really small.
I have also come out to my best friend and they reacted really well, which made me very happy because now my regression doesn't feel like a dirty little secret anymore (which it never was anyway).
One thing that I would love to do when little is visit the zoo but I'm too scared to go by myself. Maybe my friend would be comfortable taking me but I would have to ask them and that's scary and maybe overstepping. I know that they are happy for me to have a coping mechanism but I don't know if they would want to be part of it. But that will probably show over time. If they aren't comfortable it would be fine too. Then maybe I'd go alone someday or I'd get a picture book of the zoo or something.
When I am regressed I am starting to have favorites to play with again, instead of just using what's there. I feel like that's a sign that I'm regressing deeper, because I don't think about what toys I might need to buy or how old I feel, instead I just play now. I find that I'm really into crafts again like I was when I was actually little. But I also enjoy Lego Duplo a lot, which is a new development I think.
My room is slowly starting to look like a little kids room again too. I have hung up some of my crafts. My toys are usually all over the floor. My bed has sheets from a kids movie and my stuffies and blankies and my paci are on it. My diapering supplies are usually still out for the next change. And I'm going to put up glow in the dark stars on my ceiling today.

I'm so sorry for the long post, it's just nice to share this with people who won't judge.
Do you guys think I'm overdoing the whole regression thing? It sometimes feels like a lot because nearly everyone else is just a functioning adult and I at least have to wear diapers and a paci to not break down.
But in the end I just do what feels good and I don't really think that this could be wrong.

I usually start feeling really little around Thursday and I have to hold out until Friday afternoon to actually regress.
After work I'm always so tired that I just eat, watch tv and then go to bed.
Does anyone have some tips about managing regression in the day to day life?
Maybe ways to feel little that are not that obvious.
For example I'd love to have a toddler safe kids show to watch that it's not weird to get caught watching.

Reactions: Newguy1223 and medfet878
It sounds like you have an ideal situation, to be able to live at home with your parents, have a job, and be able to openly wear diapers and plastic pants around them. Many of us would be quite envious, especially having a mom who is so supportive. I see you wear cloth diapers sometimes. Do you have a preference? Who does the diaper laundry? Do you have anyone to help change you when your diapers are wet or messy?

Reactions: nappybottom, medfet878 and abdl86
Hi, sorry that I'm answering so late!
I am really happy that my mom is so accepting and my dad is so oblivious but I'm not sure if I could wear completely openly, like I wouldn't walk around on just a diaper with no pants.
I use flats because other kind of cloth diapers are so expensive.
I do my diaper laundry myself. My mom does my regular laundry for me but I think she wouldn't be happy about having to wash my diapers as well.
I change myself and I think my mom would only help me if it was an actual emergency.

I tend to regress as a coping mechanism to, but I do it most nights from a stressful day 😂 is there no way your able to manage even a smaller amount of regression each night, just to unwind? Like I have a bottle and a dummy most nights and a story read to me by mummy! It also helps me sleep 😂 as for the zoo why not try planning a trip with your friend to the zoo and just casually mention in conversation that little you might also like the zoo and see how she reacts you can always gauge it from there if she’d be accepting of your little side being at the zoo with her? I’m glad your mum is very accepting of it though!

Thanks for sharing!
I'm really happy on your behalf, that you get to regress and "be yourself" at home.
I dont think making your room look more and more like a kids room is overdoing. It's your way of coping, as long as it doesn't bother or harm any (which regression rarely does), you should not think it's overdoing.
I´m building myself a nursery in my basement. Bit by bit it's coming together. My hope is, that having my own nursery will put me a lot deeper into a much more "effective" little space. That way, maybe I´ll be good with diapering up and regressing more seldom than I actually do right now.

As for a way to feel little in the busy adult world, consider having a kids-style key-ring for your keys. If anyone asks why you have such a childish thing in your pockets, tell them it was a gift from your niece/nephew etc. and that you really appreciate the gift you got.

There's some dots that don't quite connect here. You're wearing around the house, it's obvious enough that your mom notices, but your dad doesn't? A bib, and baby bottles in the dishwasher, kids toys on your bedroom floor? And still you say your dad doesn't know you're regressing? He knows. He's just letting your mom handle any discussion about your childlike ways.
Maybe it's time to have that chat with mom about all the things that make you feel good, and hear her thoughts about it. When you say "afraid of overdoing", you mean being childlike to the point where your parents will start expressing concern or disapproval. If mom is already fine with you using a paci around her, I'd say she's verrrry accepting. This is the time to prove your communication skills by having the honest, open chat.

Sounds to me like you have the parents that a thousand littles/regressors wish they had.

Reactions: LilByte
claire123 said:
I tend to regress as a coping mechanism to, but I do it most nights from a stressful day 😂 is there no way your able to manage even a smaller amount of regression each night, just to unwind? Like I have a bottle and a dummy most nights and a story read to me by mummy! It also helps me sleep 😂 as for the zoo why not try planning a trip with your friend to the zoo and just casually mention in conversation that little you might also like the zoo and see how she reacts you can always gauge it from there if she’d be accepting of your little side being at the zoo with her? I’m glad your mum is very accepting of it though!
I have a hard time with regressing a little bit. I always sleep with my paci and I watch a kids show to sleep and I feel kind of little but it only makes me wast to regress even more.

The idea with the zoo is really good. I think I'll try that when I have a day when I'm feeling really brave.

LittleMaya said:
There's some dots that don't quite connect here. You're wearing around the house, it's obvious enough that your mom notices, but your dad doesn't? A bib, and baby bottles in the dishwasher, kids toys on your bedroom floor? And still you say your dad doesn't know you're regressing? He knows. He's just letting your mom handle any discussion about your childlike ways.
Maybe it's time to have that chat with mom about all the things that make you feel good, and hear her thoughts about it. When you say "afraid of overdoing", you mean being childlike to the point where your parents will start expressing concern or disapproval. If mom is already fine with you using a paci around her, I'd say she's verrrry accepting. This is the time to prove your communication skills by having the honest, open chat.

Sounds to me like you have the parents that a thousand littles/regressors wish they had.
The thing is my dad is really very oblivious and he needs glasses but doesn't wear them. I always try to wear clothes that are covering the diaper somehow but it is still obvious enough to make me feel small. And when my dad is around I try to not show him my backside and make sure that my clothes fit properly.
And I only wash my bottles when my dad isn't home. My mom helps me hide my regression items.

I think I am partially afraid of the reaction of others when they see how much of my life is based around regression. I think it doesn't fit together with how other people view me and that scares my social anxiety brain.
And I was also a bit afraid because I think about 50% of my time not at work I feel little. I don't personally know anyone whose coping mechanism takes so much time and leaves so little room for other things.
For example I spend one day of my weekend meeting friends and socializing because I don't have time during the week. But I also want to do what all other people seem to do like going to the cinema or going hiking. But I don't have time because my second weekend day is blocked because I need to regress.
I think sometimes regression feels like a burden even though it makes me happy, did that make sense?

Back