My new baby room

Status
Not open for further replies.
luvsboy10 said:
I'll do my best, as English is not my native language…

Actually, it was quite easy. I bought two baby cribs, bigger then the usual (34.5" wide, 38" length) and disassembled one side each, then reconnect them so it will look like one big crib. took me 20 minutes. then I painted it white so it will look more babyish.

I'm using 3 mattresses sold specially for that crib in each side, and I intend to special order mattress for the two cribs combined when I'm done decorating.

You can see the original crib in the picture (sold here by the name "super crib" because the large measurement)

- - - Updated - - -

It was so fun slipping in the crib, so today I felt so babyish, and all I ate was 5 bottles of baby formula.
I'm not feeling hungry, I guess part of it is the excitement and adrenaline running in my blood...

Your English is actually really quite good, I wouldn't have known that English was not your native language. Thanks for telling me how you did that.

I'm super jealous! I have my perfect little room in my head, one day I will make it :)

Awesome sauce!!!! :3

**update**

Well, finally I painted the room in blue, bought some accessories and moved things around. This is what appear to be the final result (I might add sticker or picture above the crib but nothing too fancy)

Attachments

• DSC_0671.jpg
    DSC_0671.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 134
Why it never crossed my mind to actually get 2 baby cribs together to build a larger one, that could be an interesting project, wonder how long it comes, I don't think a normal twin mattress would fit in, or will it ???

Awesome luvsboy10 what a brilliant approach. :thumbsup:

It looks great, much better painted blue and with window curtains. Funny how little details like that can make a huge difference.

CodyBaby said:
Why it never crossed my mind to actually get 2 baby cribs together to build a larger one, that could be an interesting project, wonder how long it comes, I don't think a normal twin mattress would fit in, or will it ???

each crib is 34.5" wide, 38" long.
there is no mattress for that size, it has to be specially ordered or what I did for now- purchased 3 mattresses for each crib and cover theme with one sheet. It's quite comfortable, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Zendot said:
It looks great, much better painted blue and with window curtains. Funny how little details like that can make a huge difference.
I couldn't agree more.
The blue paint made a huge difference, the curtain adds to the babyish atmosphere, just a few more pictures and maybe a new carpet and I'm done.

I see that Diaper Dekor pail on the left there - How's that working out for you? How often do you have to empty it? About how many diapers can it hold? Reviews on Amazon are a bit mixed. . .

Trisy said:
I see that Diaper Dekor pail on the left there - How's that working out for you? How often do you have to empty it? About how many diapers can it hold? Reviews on Amazon are a bit mixed. . .
I like it a lot. mine is from "Korbell", fortunately the smaller one because they don't sell the larger one over here.
It can hold around 7-8 adult diapers, and completely block the smell.

Very jealous, I would love a crib, that is one thing I don't think the hubby would be very happy with. I would love to feel all secure in my enclosed space. I have a room in my house that is like a nursery with tons of toys and such but there are chairs in it. Our bedroom just has a regular queen bed, I don't think the dog would like it either. I'm dying to get one of those aquarium crib toys that bubble and play music still waiting to see if I can push it that far.

kind of jealous to be honest. I hope you enjoy your room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back