My management routine/preferences

SuLiWan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So, I am a greeter at Meijer. It's not a job that is glamorous or thrilling, but I like it. It gives me a chance to have a low skill job that I dont screw up with my disability and I can deal with difficult customers. Part of the job is acting as an assistant to asset protection by checking recipts when a door alarm goes off or if a customer is acting like they have something to hide heading out the door. It used to be that I could not leave my post without someone coming to relieve me. But, since they started cutting my hours (and then adding to them again, yay money! up to 20hrs) and seem to be having trouble having cashiers or other staff cover greeters, now i'm allowed to just leave the door unattended for breaks and lunch, which also means I can leave the door to use the bathroom as long as I dont take too long.
I usually wear a premium disposable (I have recently worn Medline Extended wear, but also have worn Better Dry for the more mild climates, Seni for summer) but for the past few months have worn cloth almost excusively. Whether I use cloth or disposable, I usually eat on my first 15 minute break and save my lunch for changing the diaper and hainging out. I never go a full shift without changing. I used to do that, but when I got home I would smell like stale urine and have jock itch like rashes. Not fun.

WIth the frequent washing of cloth diapers causing some not so pleasant oopses (too much detergent in the washing machine) I think it prudent to give my cloth diapers a break for now, and use a few disposables. I first switched to cloth when I got tired of the disposable padding breaking down and the rising costs of disposables and lack of steady avaliability concerned me.

Oh and what do I wear for cloth diapering? I have a mix of flats, contours, pocket diapers and fitted diapers, but my favorites and the ones I wear most often are the fitted diapers with a snap in insert from Ecoable, with a diaper cover over top. I found that the flats are most useful and comfortable folded inside a contour and worn around the house casually intstead of at work. Wearing traditonal cloth at work even with powder and barrier cream and hydrating can only be tolerated for so long until being changed. I was MUCH more comfortable wearing Ecoable since they have a charcoal bamboo stay dry liner.

As far as whether I wear plastic backed or cloth backed, it depends. I hate plastic backed diapers in the summer. But I do think they have some uses. I could really go with either honestly.

Any questions about where to get these fine products I mentioned, just ask. Happy to help!

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Back