My life story as a DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGuy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Potty trained at usual age

Age 5? : Was at my grandparents house and my cousin was still a baby and in diapers and I think I saw one, maybe felt one that was in hall bathroom and was just generally curious about it.
  • Maybe age 5 or a few years later? : Was at my grandparents house and was still wearing little kids colored briefs with characters on them I think and lined them with toilet paper to make them like diaper I guess.
  • After that: Anytime in store or looking at newspapers etc if I saw something related to diapers I’d glance at it and be interested. Specifically remember looking at Sunday sales papers and seeing diaper ads or coupons.
  • Maybe 12? : A next door neighbor around same age moved and invited my brother and me over to his new house to spend night. We went and it was fun I guess. I don’t remember a whole lot of details. I know my friend and brother slept together on top bunk and I below. When we got up next morning and we’re walking around upstairs I noticed that my friend had what looked like the top of a white diaper sticking up out of his grey sweatpants. Then when I went in bathroom to pee and get dressed I noticed a used Goodnite in the trash can and then opened up bathroom cabinet and saw a pack of Goodnites in there. I think I mentioned it to him and he said he slept really soundly because of asthma and didn’t always wake up to pee. That’s possibly only sleepover I ever had.
  • Age 20? : I had my first job and a truck so I now had ability to buy some diapers. I started doing that some and would hide them in my backpack or behind bed as I was still living at my parents house. Continued doing that periodically, sometimes just wearing, sometimes wetting
  • Age 26 : Manic episode started in fall. Bought adult diapers and maybe 10 packs of Goodnites at one time on Amazon. During trip by myself out west I remember buying some and wearing that with footie pajamas.
  • Age 27 : Got married. Did not tell wife about it and wasn’t really struggling with it either.
  • Age 29: First son was born. My wife’s best friend from college told her about wearing depends postpartum and how that worked well for her. My wife bought some and tried it out. I remember one time she had one on and we had a free minute to cuddle and we couldn’t have sex since it hadn’t been long enough but I was just really turned on and excited seeing her in that.
  • Age 30 : Had blood when I wiped after using bathroom at work one morning. Thought it was legitimate need to get diapers so I did on lunch break. Wore them rest of day. That evening I mentioned to my wife that she’d probably think I was crazy but that I got some depends to wear. She said why would think you’re crazy. I showed her blood on the diaper and she seemed surprised there was that much. I took a shower and she told me to make sure to put new diaper on. I wore that to bed and for a few days after though I didn’t need it any longer. Asked later if I could get more in case it happened again.
  • Age 31 : Wore a depends and she saw it in trash and I mentioned I had been wetting my pants some. At least I think that’s how it happened. I think it happened again and I mentioned something about buying some more since I don’t have many left. She said maybe we should get some at Sams because they’d be cheaper there. I wasn’t sure but then said ok. She didn’t rearrange her weekend around going there but I kept mentioning it so she went and bought me some. It was a huge pack like 92. I’m not sure if I was wearing day or night or both originally but at some point I was wearing both. Occasionally I’d update her during the day telling her if I was still dry or if I should’ve worn depends that day instead of trying underwear. She’d tell me that I had depends in my backpack and could put one on since I was having problems. She kept asking me to go to doctor but I wouldn’t mention it. It was all intentional. One time shortly before our second son came my mother-in-law was helping us around the house and emptied out our master bathroom trash can where my wet depends were I was almost terrified when I found out because I was certain she would’ve seen it and my wife would’ve said something to her if she was the one having problems so she would’ve known it was me. Our second son was born in November 2020 and if I was up with him at night I’d be wearing my diaper and go help him and pee in my diaper then go back to bed with the wet diaper on so I’d be wet when I woke up for the day and could tell my wife and have proof I was still having issues if she asked.
  • Age 32 : Confessed to my wife that for some strange reason I liked wearing diapers and didn’t really have a medical reason. She could tell how upset and distressed I was and how I wish I hadn’t done that and was pretty compassionate. She did feel a little hurt I think knowing I kept on with it after she said me wearing them was a turn off for her. I threw away ones I had and said I wouldn’t do it anymore.
  • Age 33 : started class at church and after lesson on confession told her I was still struggling with it. She threatened to leave me because of it. I stopped doing it and reached out to others for help and didn’t buy for long time.
  • Age 34 : bought some and confessed next day and told her that’s why I kept pushing for therapy.

What do you think? Do any of you see parallels with your own stories?

Reactions: Subtlerustle
No parallels what-so-ever as I am 24/7 U-IC as a result of a car crash, 45 years ago. That said, there are many here that have made the error of not being honest with their wives early-on. With great hope, you and your wife with find a place of trust and honest and rebuild your relationship prior to it serious damaging your marriage.

Therapy is a very good choice for both of you.

Last edited:
Parallels with me in the sense that I did wear after a surgery after we got married. It was precautionary but legit. I continued to wear beyond when it was necessary but eventually stopped. Months later my confessed but this was after our first kid was born. Thus with the dynamic altered in the house, the revelation landed with a thud. After a few more discussions and one incident of her finding diapers in my bag before a work trip we shut it down and the issue was shelved. Almost 2 decades later I came to terms with my kink and we resolved the issue to a middle ground.
My suggestion is therapy for you both. She needs to hear from a pro that you’re not broken. At the same time you need to acknowledge your deception caused her hurt. A sincere apology and a search for compromise is next.

Reactions: Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back