My grail! Unopened pack of Peaudouce Child Size on eBay… sadly too expensive!

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For years and years I’ve looked on eBay for a pack of these, and now one has appeared.

$499 US for a pack of 20.

Sadly well beyond my price range.

Market economy and all that, so mustn’t grumble.

If anyone here with more money than I manages to bag them, I’d be most grateful if you would consider listing one or two on eBay individually, or perhaps doing a YouTube video so we can see them close up.

I might get a Lottery ticket this weekend, mind.

• Wow
Reactions: thedlguy, Diaperedlife13, TigerDL and 1 other person
All gone before I saw this. I probably have too many of the vintage diapers anyways.

Sold for $310. Source:eBay/Seller Hub/Research.

Reactions: TigerDL
the prices of vintage diapers online is unbelievable. The prices are so high 😮

SparkyDog said:
I guess that’s supply and demand…

PCS said:
Looks like they were snatched up! Had you gotten them what would have been your ritual once they arrived?

Uzuki said:
Looks like they were snatched up! Had you gotten them what would have been your ritual once they arrived?
I don’t know what ritual there would be as I don’t usually buy vintage nappies.

I guess carefully open the pack, get one out and examine it. If I had all 20 I might try slipping one into my underwear and wetting it to see what it’s like when wet.

I wouldn’t have bought them just to keep in a sealed pack.

I remember wearing these and would love to see what they were like and if my memory of them is accurate.

Never mind, perhaps the buyer will list a few singles on eBay and I might be able to just get one or two to look at.

In the meantime, I guess the search continues…

PCS said:
I don’t know what ritual there would be as I don’t usually buy vintage nappies.

I guess carefully open the pack, get one out and examine it. If I had all 20 I might try slipping one into my underwear and wetting it to see what it’s like when wet.

I wouldn’t have bought them just to keep in a sealed pack.

I remember wearing these and would love to see what they were like and if my memory of them is accurate.

Never mind, perhaps the buyer will list a few singles on eBay and I might be able to just get one or two to look at.

In the meantime, I guess the search continues…
Well, it’s great you can remember specifically which ones you wore as not a lot of people can. For me it was the 1990’s Pampers Baby Dry in the UK. Fortunately for me I had the opportunity to wear one again many years ago. Zero stretch as they were plastic backed but with a little ingenuity I got them on. Used them just as I would have many years prior. It was a fantastic nappy. Although, I find myself much more in love with modern day Pampers for some reason.

If anyone on here bagged them, please PM me if you’re willing to sell me a couple!

🙂

These Ultra Peaudouces were available on the Greek market for a limited period in the late 1980s.

In the same frametime Slipads from that vintage also got the Ultra treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCS said:
These oldies are very sought-after thanks to the various TV commercials and printed adverts that aired in France and other EU countries (including the UK among others).

SparkyDog said:
hence's the reason for which eBay implemented an effective policy to combat price gouging.

Wow… I thought the Peaudouce were expensive…

These Pampers which are the exact ones that started my DL-ism, cost nearly a grand $US!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Deleted member 56273 and fullhouse6325
it's a shame that vintage diapers sell for so much. i understand it, but it still sucks. i love 80s/90s diapers (didn't grow up with them, just like the designs) but it feels like i'll never get any because of the high price they go for.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
fullhouse6325 said:
it's a shame that vintage diapers sell for so much. i understand it, but it still sucks. i love 80s/90s diapers (didn't grow up with them, just like the designs) but it feels like i'll never get any because of the high price they go for.
Yep. One of the reasons that I always scour the charity shops, just in case.

I once saw a pack of Peaudouce Babyslips (size Mini - green packaging) and didn’t get them, changed my mind, went back and they had already gone.

PCS said:
For years and years I’ve looked on eBay for a pack of these, and now one has appeared.

$499 US for a pack of 20.

Sadly well beyond my price range.

Market economy and all that, so mustn’t grumble.

If anyone here with more money than I manages to bag them, I’d be most grateful if you would consider listing one or two on eBay individually, or perhaps doing a YouTube video so we can see them close up.

I might get a Lottery ticket this weekend, mind.
That’s Crazy!! $400 for diapers!? Ebay loves the gouging…

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 56273
phillybaby22 said:
eBay loves the gouging

They're trying to combat price gouging by implementing tougher but effective policies which are not met well by die-hard customers.

Reactions: LJTheFalcon
This isn’t gauging though, these aren’t for everyday use, think of more like a collectable where the price is determined by what people are willing to pay.

Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 56273
I make pretty good money, but there's no way I'd ever pay 1000$ for vintage baby diapers. That's just madness.

Back