My grail! Unopened pack of Peaudouce Child Size on eBay… sadly too expensive!

PCS said:
Oh my…

Oh my…!

*shudders with excitement*

Look at the size…

I didn’t imagine it… they were HUGE!!!!!

Gotta have a couple of those!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

😁😁😁😁😁

OK… I’m almost embarrassed to admit how excited I am looking at that.

These were my childhood nappies!!!

They were my partner’s childhood nappies too!!!!

I’ve messaged the seller who has a few more and is going to do me a deal on five of them.

Can’t wait!!!

Will report back when I’ve got ‘em!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 56273
PCS said:
OK… I’m almost embarrassed to admit how excited I am looking at that.

These were my childhood nappies!!!

They were my partner’s childhood nappies too!!!!

I’ve messaged the seller who has a few more and is going to do me a deal on five of them.

Can’t wait!!!

Will report back when I’ve got ‘em!!!!!!
Don't miss the opportunity to show us a couple of pics from your new acquisitions.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Don't miss the opportunity to show us a couple of pics from your new acquisitions.
Will do!!!

In the meantime, here’s a picture I found online (not mine and not this listing) showing how big they were!

1663851622544.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu and (deleted member)
PCS said:
Will do!!!

In the meantime, here’s a picture I found online (not mine and not this listing) showing how big they were!

View attachment 88512
Ultra Slipads were basically the same diapers for adults without the frontal «baby birds» printed landing zone sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
BabyTweetyBird said:
yes yes to this. Please go mad on the pics - can never have too many pics of a classic nappy!

Really pleased for you @PCS...I think we all know how much you've lusted after these 🙂

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
It's a shame such a high-quality product being destroyed for money and profit.

Many die-hard ABDLs agree the Essity buyout was a disaster - and for a good reason!

billybobtombo said:
yes yes to this. Please go mad on the pics - can never have too many pics of a classic nappy!

Really pleased for you @PCS...I think we all know how much you've lusted after these 🙂
I most certainly will as soon as they arrive.

Waiting with bated breath!

Still can’t quite believe it- it’s 30+ years since I’ve seen one.

If I’m going to try one on I think I’ll probably have to do the old attaching it to an elastic belt sort of thing.

I’ll be particularly interested to see which (if any) of the modern adult nappies most resemble the plastic and the padding.

My brain thinks it’s the L4 but I could be wrong…

PCS said:
I most certainly will as soon as they arrive.

Waiting with bated breath!

Still can’t quite believe it- it’s 30+ years since I’ve seen one.

If I’m going to try one on I think I’ll probably have to do the old attaching it to an elastic belt sort of thing.

I’ll be particularly interested to see which (if any) of the modern adult nappies most resemble the plastic and the padding.

My brain thinks it’s the L4 but I could be wrong…
Ultra Slipads from that vintage were Peaudouce Babyslips on steroids for many of us, prompting Caducée to make a special youth brief called «Peaudouce Junior Ultra» which was a cross between a childsize Babyslip and a regular medium size Slipad.

1663937533439.png

After the SCA/Essity takeover in the late 1990s it was renamed «Libero Junior», the quality began to decline and the diapers went from plastic to cloth-like.

They arrived! Check out the pics!

Gosh they’re big!

I couldn’t resist trying one out so I made some adjustments- adding a bit of elastic to each side held in place with strong tape. In the end I didn’t need this much elastic as they were loose so I had to re-do them.

The biggest revelation was that these will actually hold a full adult bladder and will wick from front to back.

Obviously I won’t show a picture of me wearing or the wet nappy afterwards as that’s against the rules.

Incredible!

They’re also wide enough to accommodate an adult crotch comfortably.

The plastic and elastics are EXACTLY as I remember them, as os the padding layout, though the padding on these is a little stiff from storage.

Wow…just…wow…

So happy right now! 😁😁😁729D276B-0EFE-42C8-992F-2C2A0955ADC7.jpegB4EA7B3D-E18E-4005-9946-146AEA67DDC4.jpegF8ECB47F-F7BE-4046-BB4E-AD5C8849437D.jpeg247DCD46-18C3-42D4-B64A-696CCEB36EF1.jpeg06922E35-2DE1-48E6-BB36-517AB87E9744.jpeg0F9A3884-2A4C-46AF-A8CF-46196B8B314B.jpegE1823DC0-F32E-47A0-B1C4-197852BA62F3.jpeg657D8DF9-A9F8-4A31-8DFA-A270C3425D43.jpeg0F6F320A-E5F4-4D20-8A48-65980919D79F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, xxPampersBoyxx, billybobtombo and 3 others
PCS said:

Gosh they’re big!

I couldn’t resist trying one out so I made some adjustments- adding a bit of elastic to each side held in place with strong tape. In the end I didn’t need this much elastic as they were loose so I had to re-do them.

The biggest revelation was that these will actually hold a full adult bladder and will wick from front to back.

Obviously I won’t show a picture of me wearing or the wet nappy afterwards as that’s against the rules.

Incredible!

The plastic and elastics are EXACTLY as I remember them, as os the padding layout, though the padding on these is a little stiff from storage.

Wow…just…wow…

So happy right now! 😁😁😁View attachment 88890View attachment 88891View attachment 88892View attachment 88893View attachment 88895View attachment 88896View attachment 88897View attachment 88894View attachment 88898
The crinkle on these old puppies is incredible - pretty much like the Ultra Slipads I wore in 1986.

Amazing - they really are a classic of our time, aren't they! What are you going to do with the others?!

One gripe is the baby birds printed stickers are difficult to find. Kindly hope an ABDL company should be able to make an exact reproduction of the originals without breaking the patents, this would be a nice touch of magic on an Ultra Slipad from the pre-Essity days.

billybobtombo said:
Amazing - they really are a classic of our time, aren't they! What are you going to do with the others?!
Don’t know yet.

They’re like gold dust to find.

They weren’t cheap but with a bit of inch wide white elastic attached to each side they do cover front to back (similar padding coverage of an adult pull up) and having tested one I know they work.

The crotch is wide enough for an adult too, even though these were marketed as for kids aged 3-5 at the time.

When they’re wet, the plastic covering feels almost rubbery. The nostalgia feel is off the scale.

I’m sure I’ll keep at least one forever for posterity and ration my use of the others.

Reactions: TigerDL, Deleted member 56273 and billybobtombo
PCS said:
Don’t know yet.

They’re like gold dust to find.

They weren’t cheap but with a bit of inch wide white elastic attached to each side they do cover front to back (similar padding coverage of an adult pull up) and having tested one I know they work.

The crotch is wide enough for an adult too, even though these were marketed as for kids aged 3-5 at the time.

When they’re wet, the plastic covering feels almost rubbery. The nostalgia feel is off the scale.

I’m sure I’ll keep at least one forever for posterity and ration my use of the others.
Have you already tried the Peaudouce Juniors?

N
BabyTweetyBird said:
Have you already tried the Peaudouce Juniors?
No. I remember seeing them on supermarket shelves in France (though not the one that is online that has a picture of a kid on it that looks like a dodgy pastie to me).

They can still be found there under the Libero brand but I understand they’re cloth backed now.

• Sad
How do you properly pronounce this brand's name?
Is supposed to sound like ''Poe-doose?''

PCS said:

Gosh they’re big!

Incredible!

Wow…just…wow…

So happy right now! 😁😁😁View attachment 88890View attachment 88891View attachment 88892View attachment 88893View attachment 88895View attachment 88896View attachment 88897View attachment 88894View attachment 88898
Someone's got lucky! I remember receiving my first vintage Pampers. I was really surprised how much they would absorb even though there was no super absorber invented back then. I love how many elastic bands the Peaudouce have.

xxPampersBoyxx said:
love how many elastic bands the Peaudouce have
The multiple elastic strands and the crinkly baby plastic were the major motivations which pushed me to try an Ultra Slipad Plus adult brief for the first time back in 1986.

A couple of decades later I decided to test a Tena Slip and was frustrated to constate how Essity ruined such a good product.

PCS said:
They can still be found there under the Libero brand but I understand they’re cloth backed now.

They completely ruined the product after purchasing Caducée back in the late 1990s.

Back