My girlfriend’s encouraging me to use and rely on my diapers more to stay dry (IC)

Dinotopian2002

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For those of you who’ve followed my story for a while, you know that I’ve been diapered 24/7 for medical reasons since I was a teenager, but I’ve tried to keep as much bladder control as I can.

You’ll also know that I sometimes have bowel accidents, and that I have other disabilities as well.

But despite this I’m trying to use a toilet where possible, even though it can be difficult for me.

The main reason why is because I was scared of leaking on my girlfriend, who isn’t into diapers herself.

However, we’ve now been together for over a year, and she’s been very supportive of my diaper needs. She’s even changed me a few times, either when she wants to, or when my fatigue is worse and she sees I need help. She also likes it when I wear ABDL diapers because I become more confident about my condition so I’m now wearing them more - or at least thicker plain ones in more public areas without a onesie.

After wearing an 8000ml Tinimals out on a day trip to London and not having to use a toilet while we were out was so freeing for me.

I’m now reaching a point where I’m now relying on my diapers pretty much 24/7 - at least when I’m away from home as it’s much harder to change.

Thanks to her, I now feel more comfortable and confident when I’m wearing and using my diapers. Her reasoning is that if I need to wear them 24/7, I shouldn’t be ashamed to use them 24/7.

I’m trying to maintain bowel control still but my bladder does its own thing now, and my growing busy work schedule means I don’t have time, or the function, to run to the bathroom every time I feel the urge. It’s much easier and safer to use my diapers now.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, munkey, Lumos and 18 others
You’ve got an excepting SO , and your bladder is not on the same hym sheet as the rest of your body and you’ve got a busy work schedule hopefully means more money
Also coupled with your disabilities , I would say it’s a no brainer to go 24/7 fully out side the house and at work , inside let your body , current days health and other factors dictate weather you use the loo or not , stay nappied and if you don’t make the loo so what you’re covered
Easier for your GF to help you change just a nappy than a full clothes change because you’ve leaked every where .
But most of all do what’s best for you and what your head and heart says as it’s your body
I’d rather see you post my nappy has split than I’ve hurt my self trying to make the loo
Keep us posted and hope you keep well

Reactions: munkey, Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and 5 others
Can rely on what you say here became confident wearing 247 and ABDL diapers because found them more adequate for my heavy IC and brought confidence too. Keep going and doing the right things .

Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002, Jorelaxed and 3 others
I agree that working to keep as much control as possible is a good direction as when one safely can, it helps both physically and mentally.

Very happy for you that you have a sweet and wonderful SO! Assure you tell her daily how much you lover and appreciate her! Simply words, that run deep!

I look at diapers purely from the position of what they are designed for and their ability to meet or exceed that design. What others choose is their choice and have zero effect on me. So, wear what works for you.

Reactions: xtrucker59, Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and 5 others
I am so glad you have a supportive gf. I am also lucky to have a very supportive and understanding wife of 30 years. I told her of my IC issues at the outset of our relationship and whilst she would understandably refer to my nappies as ‘passion killers’ on occasions we got over it and now it is just the accepted way for me to manage my bladder problems. There was never any question of my not wearing a nappy at night and when I did start to experience more day time problems I too was encouraged and supported by her to wear nappies 24/7. Better that than wetting myself.

Reactions: Diprs2, SDB2014, Subtlerustle and 4 others
First off, I'm so glad to hear that you're becoming more comfortable and feeling more free to relax, as well as that your girlfriend is so supportive.

I do have a question, however... Something to think about, that people with more experience might be able to provide input on... I've occasionally seen mention of some of the muscles that govern urinary function being linked to bowel function, and that as urinary control fades, bowel control can, as well, as a direct result of those muscles becoming weaker, or simply...relinquishing conscious control over them.

Has anyone here experienced bowel issues, that you think may be a result of relying on your diapers too much for urination, rather than just the natural progression of a disease or injury?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
DelC said:
First off, I'm so glad to hear that you're becoming more comfortable and feeling more free to relax, as well as that your girlfriend is so supportive.

I do have a question, however... Something to think about, that people with more experience might be able to provide input on... I've occasionally seen mention of some of the muscles that govern urinary function being linked to bowel function, and that as urinary control fades, bowel control can, as well, as a direct result of those muscles becoming weaker, or simply...relinquishing conscious control over them.

Has anyone here experienced bowel issues, that you think may be a result of relying on your diapers too much for urination, rather than just the natural progression of a disease or injury?
Remembering the extensive number of likely causes of U-IC and one can quickly see that the answer is No to maybe a little.

My version of U-IC would be a NO, where someone else's could be different! Choosing to not hold and simply releasing at the slightest signal is something I do not agree with as I understand the joy of being able to use the toilet on occasion! It is a smiling moment of a small win!

It is important to understand that those who are U-IC, clearly are motivated by a difference in their vantage point! I would love not to have to wear!

Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Incontinence is so much easier to deal with when you have an understanding partner.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002, SDB2014 and 3 others
Wetshisbed said:
Incontinence is so much easier to deal with when you have an understanding partner.
Definitely. I’ve had issues all my life, in nappies at night into my teens , dry in my 20’s and 30’s then when married I started wetting at night again and daytime urge issues got worse all at the time I had prolapsed discs which led to surgery. My wife (since divorced) couldn’t handle it and ridiculed me to the point my confidence and self esteem was shattered. Ten years on and with a new partner (now my wife of 5 years) I wear nappies every night without fail and also in the day if I know I may end up in situations where quick toilet access is a potential issue. My wife has built me up, loves me and accepts my hidden problem, she always checks to ensure I am nappied for bed, washes my nappies and plastic pants and makes me feel content and cared for. It never stops intimacy, and she just loves me for who I am. She would rather I was nappied than have wet bed or to see me embarrasses by wet pants if I have an accident outdoors. It’s such a change and to be honest I now prefer to be in nappies than not !

Reactions: Diprs2, Neroforte, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have an understanding partner as well. She will change me, love me, support me, and reminds me that using my diapers is a natural thing. Go with flow eh!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Back