My childhood wet nappy!

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While looking through some old photographs I finally found a picture of one of my own discarded wet morning nappies on the floor of my bedroom!

The photo was taken when I was about 3 or 4 in the late 80s.

The nappy was only a small part of the image, and this is a photo of a print of a scan of a print so the quality isn’t great but you get the idea.

Hope this doesn’t gross anyone out (don’t worry, you can’t see much) but it’s a major nostalgia buzz for me.

Does anyone else have anything like this?

And no, please don’t post any pictures of yourselves as children wearing them.

Product shots only or crops so that the wearer can’t be seen.

IMG_0120.jpeg

Reactions: littledreamers333, BenNevis, LePew and 10 others
Funny thing is, had I been born only a few years later, at this age it probably would have been a wet pull-up or DryNite rather than a proper nappy.

As it was, proper tape-on nappies are all that were available at this time for older children who still wet a night.

Reactions: pampers8
I can remember when I was around 4 (1984) & being put in a nappy before bed (I was still in nappies at night back then).
My mum used the supermarket brands, & there were times when I woke up in the morning that they had leaked. I
used to get up & take off my nappy & leave it lying on my bedroom floor.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of my soaked nappy lying on the floor in the background.

I still have a childhood nappy leftover, that was left in the attic so its dirty

Attachments

• 20230813_115154.jpg
    20230813_115154.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 20230813_115159.jpg
    20230813_115159.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: BigAl2
I found an old picture of myself and my younger brother in the bathtub. I was maybe 5 so he was around 2 years old. Next to the bathtub on the floor a pack of the diapers we both wore to bed (and he still during the day).
I don't know for sure but I believe they were store brand diapers.
White with orange prints of toys such as rocking horses, balls etc.
THis would have been around 1981

Reactions: Napincolove and BigAl2
Look how the padding extended out in the wings. Todays diapers don't have that. When i 1st needed diapers they had that too. Wings was one of the 1st ones i used. And they had a nice smell to them.

Reactions: LifeGoesOn223
JoeMusic1976 said:
I found an old picture of myself and my younger brother in the bathtub. I was maybe 5 so he was around 2 years old. Next to the bathtub on the floor a pack of the diapers we both wore to bed (and he still during the day).
I don't know for sure but I believe they were store brand diapers.
White with orange prints of toys such as rocking horses, balls etc.
THis would have been around 1981
Interesting! Can you crop the picture so as to just show the pack?

Chalsed said:
I still have a childhood nappy leftover, that was left in the attic so its dirty
Now that is very interesting! What type is it? What era is it from? It’s not one I recognise!

PCS said:
Interesting! Can you crop the picture so as to just show the pack?
I can try...

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
JoeMusic1976 said:
I can try...
It's an orange box of super absorbent Pampers or a pack or generic fanfolds?

i have an old photo of me from when i was 3 or so in 2000

in the photo i was watching something on my parents tv (i think it was sesame street on pbs kids or the pokemon the first movie vhs my dad gave me i dont remember because the film made the tv look black)

but in the photo i took off my wet diaper (which was a plastic backed girls life brand diaper i think or it was a pampers baby dry idk (i know this cause i remember wearing huggies once but only in 1998 or 1999 alongside some weird plastic backed jean diapers and diapers with other prints that my mom told me about) but anyways i stuck the tapes on the tv with the diaper and its wet heavy padding hanging from it

sadly i cant barely see the prints on it so the diaper is unknown (because diapers from the 80s until the early 2000s had very simple prints or prints just on the belt area)

Reactions: JayJay19
baliebox4916 said:
i have an old photo of me from when i was 3 or so in 2000

in the photo i was watching something on my parents tv (i think it was sesame street on pbs kids or the pokemon the first movie vhs my dad gave me i dont remember because the film made the tv look black)

but in the photo i took off my wet diaper (which was a plastic backed girls life brand diaper i think or it was a pampers baby dry idk (i know this cause i remember wearing huggies once but only in 1998 or 1999 alongside some weird plastic backed jean diapers and diapers with other prints that my mom told me about) but anyways i stuck the tapes on the tv with the diaper and its wet heavy padding hanging from it

sadly i cant barely see the prints on it so the diaper is unknown (because diapers from the 80s until the early 2000s had very simple prints or prints just on the belt area)
If you are able to crop the photo so it just shows the diaper, I’d love to see that!

Reactions: JayJay19
BabyTweetyBird said:
It's an orange box of super absorbent Pampers or a pack or generic fanfolds?
This was a generic store brand that our mom bought for both my brother and I.

I cannot remember if it was fan-fold or already hour-glass shaped.
I was five in 1981. Were hour-glass shaped diapers around by then?

I remember mom bringing a pack of store brand diapers home for me
when I was around 7 or 8 (I was able to read the package, that's how I kinda know)
and they were hour-glass shaped with elastic leg gathers.
I remember not liking the looks of the elastic leg-gathers back then.
Now they're my favorite part along with the standing leak guards.

JoeMusic1976 said:
I cannot remember if it was fan-fold or already hour-glass shaped.
I was five in 1981. Were hour-glass shaped diapers around by then?
The fitted hourglass form already existed since the mid-1970s when P&G, K&C, Paul Hartmann and Caducée came up with Luvs, Huggies, Fixies and Peaudouce Babyslips. These four brands became the foundation for the modern-day adult incontinence briefs which emerged at the end of the decade.
JoeMusic1976 said:
I remember mom bringing a pack of store brand diapers home for me
when I was around 7 or 8 (I was able to read the package, that's how I kinda know)
and they were hour-glass shaped with elastic leg gathers.
I remember not liking the looks of the elastic leg-gathers back then.
Now they're my favorite part along with the standing leak guards.
I embraced the fitted hourglass form when I first wore Peaudouce Babyslips when I was 7 years old.

Due to the lack of demand for youth diapers on the Greek market I was unable to find Peaudouce Junior and had to switch to adult incontinence briefs in 1986.

• Sad
Reactions: JoeMusic1976
Any more?

Anyone else ever found an old nappy of theirs in the attic/basement etc (unused or otherwise!) feel free to post any pics here too!

Last edited:
PCS said:
Anyone else ever found an old nappy of theirs in the attic/basement etc (unused or otherwise!) feel free to post any pics here too!
Yeah, I don't have pics though. Found an entire box of pampers(see example image) from the mid 80's. It was filled with various brands of vintage diapers though so the box was really just for storage.

bd9d4d397a9ffa15cbef824151cb904b.jpg

Reactions: littledreamers333
Wow! Soun
quartz200420012 said:
Yeah, I don't have pics though. Found an entire box of pampers(see example image) from the mid 80's. It was filled with various brands of vintage diapers though so the box was really just for storage.

View attachment 132670
Wow! Sounds like you hit the jackpot there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pampers4Ever
No pictures but I remember having the old purple box of Pampers in the top of my closet for years after potty training. I so wanted to get my hands on the box and the gleaming white plastic backed diapers inside. Later on we moved and to my disappointment, the box was empty and it was discarded while packing. Not sure why the empty box was up there. I was in them for bed wetting after potty training so I guess mom used the last one on me and forgot to remove the box.

Back