Music to my ears

What do you prefer: old music or new music?

• Total voters

SwedishAMAZING

Please forgive me, I'm swedish
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
The strongest drug to me is the wail of a Hammond... The soft thump of the drum..
I love the smooth scratching of the guitar, the boom of the bass. Nothing like some good Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin.

At the same time, I love the synth era. I love hip-hop, rap. I also enjoy listening to pop music. The Weeknd, Jack Harlow, Lil pitchy (he's Swedish, gotta love a brother ;D)

What do you prefer? Older or newer music?

A good chunk of my favorites are from the 90's/00's!

However, I have songs from as early as the 50's, all the way to 2022.

DiaperedElmo said:
A good chunk of my favorites are from the 90's/00's!

However, I have songs from as early as the 50's, all the way to 2022.
The 70s we're an amazing year for Sweden: ABBA

really into camel at the moment

I prefer older stuff . 80s especially. But earlier is also good . But really I like classical music the most. I not keen on modern stuff so much.. Guess I'm getting old....

for me there really is not really one era i tend to stick with but if i had to say probably 90s is where most of my music comes from. i more kind of pick and choose certain ones across all eras and all varieties excluding one type and thats metal.

I checked '60s because that was my young generation, but I really like the music from '60s -'2000. Each decade has had some great songs and that's a very good thing.

I was a metalhead growing up and always respected instrumentally challenging music from any era (conversely despising instrumentally or theoretically simplistic music). Most of the music I actually listen to is either from around the 1980's, new music from bands from that era (Dream Theater, for example), or REALLY old like Dolorum Solatium by Peter Abelard (late 11th early 12th century). Oh, and also anything patriotic no matter what the country, like Preussens Gloria or The Battle Hymn of The Republic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink
I also listen to Amon Amarth. Jomsviking is an awesome album XD

While I am very well versed in classical music, it is only really because of my studies in piano. As I have told before on a disc, I've been playing since age 7 !

From age 12 up, I got serious with it, and studied the hell out of Chopin. And eventually, I started exploring other areas of classical as well.
Kittyinpink said:
I prefer older stuff . 80s especially. But earlier is also good . But really I like classical music the most. I not keen on modern stuff so much.. Guess I'm getting old....
Not old! Just cultured :B)

Reactions: dogboy
I love Chopin too though I play mostly his nocturnes. I played a number of the waltzes when I was in high school.

• Love
Reactions: SwedishAMAZING and Kittyinpink
Back