Moving (or staying put) and coming out of my shell

radiomockingbird

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello all. I am from Indianapolis, but living in Cincinnati. I'm here for the time being to dedicate time to mental health and working on a new medical procedure I will be getting by the end of the year. I have been into the scene off and on as an adult. Everything stems, as many of us might agree, from childhood and I can trace my "beginning interest" to middle school. However, in my adult life I find things heating up and I find myself exploring more. In the time I have in Ohio, I'm finding I want to finally break out of my shell and learn on the surface. I have read Dr. Lipscomb's book and even spoken with her. It makes a great deal of sense. I would love to travel one day to do more, but it's certainly one step at a time. I have been sleeping more and hanging out in diapers. I always thought I was a diaper lover but I'd be lying to myself, and to all of you, if I didn't say I have adult baby behaviors, too. I have found myself in relationships where I have worn and it has been somewhat tolerated but not fully understood, of course. These relationships are the only people I've ever said anything to, intimately. No family and no friends. I have always preferred it that way. I have been to My Inner Baby, before it closed physically, in Indy. Done plenty of homework on diapers and accessories but it's time to really find more of this if it's not necessarily going anywhere, you know?

So I'm coming to you for advice and answers. My time in Cincinnati is being supported by family and I will have the present of deciding where I want to really live afterwards. If this is a part of me, why fight it so hard? It's worth being in a community where I am accepted and I might thrive for reasons not known to others, but to people like all of you.

I'm very excited to make this jump and learn more. It's been exhilarating to wear diapers more and more publicly. I don't wear all the time because I don't want to. But if I want to I can and I will. I want to live somewhere where I will be at my best. And I want to be more vocal here, potentially. I wrote an introduction back in 2021 and went silent. Don't, honestly, know what happened or why I did. I honestly may have just forgotten or purged the needs. But my ABDL urges may be winning out and I don't really think it's fair to fight it any longer. It doesn't have to be 24/7. I don't think I will ever want it like that. I just want it healthy. And healthy, to me, right now is letting it win.

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions or anything else would be great to hear. Thanks for all you do and keep it up!

Last edited:
I'm in a similar position to you. I want to put myself out there and open up more. When I first moved out of my parents house I was able to almost fully indulge in diapers. A few years later after college I finally got an apartment to myself, I could now fully indulge. The problem was, diapers were one of my few hobbies. I was too focused on keeping them private, I didn't make any friends outside of work because I had no social hobbies and was basically a hermit. I started to lose interest in the few hobbies I did have because there was nobody to share them with. I needed to make friends.

To get started I think it would be good to get hobbies outside of diapers and make friends with people who share those interests. If any of them become really close then maybe you could introduce diapers to them (it sounds like you have already done this) (I haven't tried this personally so I'm no authority on this) I think its easier to find friends with other hobbies then it would be to find people who are interested in diapers first. (I'm speculating because I'm too anxious to reach out first)

Back